Image Dump IX (ALL POSTS MUST CONTAIN PICTURES)

Here's a cute picture I took

ErWv0.jpg

Not even a month and he's already on the prowl.

1285142630902.gif

1297760427706.gif

1293852282158.gif

1296359939718.gif

1292933692926.gif

@Veg, those are some crazy hip bones. I might suggest she put those drooly pouty doll lips to work and eat a sammitch. Plus Chinese people love those damn brown toy poodles--WHAT'S UP WITH THAT.

Have ya learned any good Cantonese words or phrases on your trip?
YSXZL.png

hnng is right. Thats probably the sound she makes when trying to walk after having her spine severed so she could bend like that.

Also, what are you doing looking at chinese lingerie models while living with your girlfriend? Things aren't going well? If you need to escape, consult this child for possible tactics:

1297489524302.gif

I never understood why those cookies were considered god tier. Never was a huge fan. The Peppermint patties should be god tier.

wallpaper-513209.jpg

I was like, what a pointless image to upload, even for the image dump. It was shortly after that when I shat myself.

Also reminds me of that Monty Python dancing teeth animation.
921386o.gif

dem eyes

*SNIP*

I never understood why those cookies were considered god tier. Never was a huge fan. The Peppermint patties should be god tier.

*SNIP*

Hahaha. I was just eating some Samoas and Thin Mints. Received my cookies yesterday.

Samoas and Thin Mints are a toss up for me. I used to love Thin Mints the most, but they've kind of lost their appeal to me somewhat and I'm more into Samoas. Mmm Samoas.

20110215192553clipboard.png

KXJBL.jpg

Oh man, I'm so jelly you can hear 48khz sinewaves!

img4d05cd90d5d2692639zo.jpg

Make sure you use the best cables so you don't lose any quality.

KXJBL.jpg

Oh man, I'm so jelly you can hear 48khz sinewaves!
I don't think you understand, read this:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a-prima-donna-pc,544-4.html
http://www.tweakheadz.com/16_vs_24_bit_audio.htm

It only works with Vinyl or Vinyl rips. The difference is what makes all the difference. I simplify my obsession here:

Currently studying the 'voodoo' quality 24-Bit, 92khz vinyl rips, saved to lossless (comes to like 1GB per album - that's a lot of detailed information). Frequencies outside of the range of human hearing are possible on vinyl, and those frequencies interact with frequencies you can hear; hence the voodoo.

But, in the end, they are limited by the source: however the vinyl was mastered. That's why I think the MFSL remasters (and the like) are the best. If you combine the vinyl voodoo with an MFSL remaster, you will have orgasmic quality.

But you need a good sound system. A 24 bit audio processor (most modern ones? - the X-Fi, for example), and you need good speakers. I currently have that, the only thing is that I'd like to get a new amp, probably Denon or Onkyo, whatever I can afford with great reviews. But my next amp/receiver will have a fiber optic audio input. That's the only thing I'm lacking.

khqys.jpg

You're buying what you can't hear. Stop deluding yourself. Yes, I've studied hearing and sound reproduction at university, and I know all about what Tomshardware can muster as an excuse for 24/96 (And really, Virus, I'm disappointed. Using a computer hardware site to justify Audiophile spending?). You're on the later end of your 20s? You can't hear above 16khz, let alone the artifacts that 44khz sound produces in the upper range.

Yes, I'm aware that on a theoretical basis, humans can detect (not hear) higher frequencies than 20khz through echolocation. But in a double blind trial, I can guarantee you won't be able to tell the difference between a vinyl recorded on a good 24/96 and a good 24/44 sampler. The same kind of double blind trial that proved that below 20 feet, a $2 generic Chinese-made cable provides the same signal quality as a $200 Monster cable.

For studio work, I'll concede that it's just generally better to have a good starting sample. But for reproduction, hell no. I'd rather spend my thousands on creative devices.

Like this:

rjUk2.jpg

Or this:

z1WlH.jpg

Kq94a.jpg

jIGqU.jpg

Yes, I'm aware that on a theoretical basis, humans can detect (not hear) higher frequencies than 20khz through echolocation. But in a double blind trial, I can guarantee you won't be able to tell the difference between a vinyl recorded on a good 24/96 and a good 24/44 sampler. The same kind of double blind trial that proved that below 20 feet, a $2 generic Chinese-made cable provides the same signal quality as a $200 Monster cable.

For studio work, I'll concede that it's just generally better to have a good starting sample. But for reproduction, hell no. I'd rather spend my thousands on creative devices.
This is just a difference in bit rate/sample rate of rips - all I need is a bigger hard drive to store the larger files, which is fine for albums that are special to me. So it's not a matter of spending more money. If you are talking about music creation, I've created all of my music using software and samples (and occasionally, a $10 microphone that doesn't seem to work anymore). I haven't invested in a keyboard yet.

I bought my sound system in the early 1990s, with the exception of my [consumer level] sound card that I bought a couple of years ago.

In the 1990s, I personally compared my speakers to every speaker in the store, some ranging upwards of $1,000, and they sounded just as good - better in fact, than all of the speakers systems costing twice as much. Here are some other layman reviews: http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/cerw...eakers/vs-120/PRD_120899_1594crx.aspx#review0

I have always thought 14 or 16 bit CD audio sounded a little harsh. Don't you? I do like the lack of noise associated with digital audio, but I always preferred analog recordings - noise and all. Now I'm beginning to understand why - in digital audio, the sine-waves are like steps. The DAC will smooth them out, but what you get from that are artifacts.

CD audio is harsh while Vinyl is like anti-aliasing. I have compared and the difference is remarkable. They both sound amazingly clear and nice, but the vinyl just sounds more natural; warmer and more compelling. Vinyl is fuller; it sounds... wider or something - more spacial perhaps, while CD sounds more sterilized.

Now you may be right about the 96khz sounding like 44khz, in fact my speakers have (an 'on paper') frequency response of 26hz-20khz. So I guess it's the resolution (when vinyl is ripped to 24 bit), which is much finer; you can certainly hear the difference on detailed reference speakers like my own.

It completely depends on what audio you are reproducing, whether it will make any difference. If you don't need the extra detail, then it will just be wasted space.

If you have a good sound system and a 24 bit audio card (and playback software - the later versions of Foobar support 24 bit by default, and Winamp has it hidden in the preferences) you can listen to some 24 bit audio samples here: http://www.reel2reel.tv/ADC/ADC.htm

Then you could downsample it to 16 bit 44.1khz and compare for yourself. I haven't personally checked this out yet.

Cleavage?! What is this nonsense.

Time to bring the average back down.

5BIQz.jpg

Taken at a Best Buy today, but not by me.

1297987167571.jpg

Back