Image Dump VI (POST YOUR RANDOM IMAGES HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that you mention it SamuraiKenji... they might not be fake, but they sure do look like they'd be able to be passed off nicely for model houses.

Damn, now whenever I'm looking at the picture I can't imagine anything other than them being model houses! Argh!

See that's what happened to me
Looked and saw Model houses now i can't see anything but

0953c8e20cbae33c2be938f18d2860d5.jpg

3f1c45a4cca7e944a43f445d868062c9.jpg

2_mielista4.jpg

there isnt enough light pollution, it cant be real.

Photograph by Jason Husband:

"Sometimes it pays to be lucky. Granted, though I did not get the whole lightning strike in this shot,
I still think it might be my favorite lightning shot I have taken of all time.
This is straight out of the camera, no cropping, no light adjustments, nothing.
If I had a wide angle lens, this would have been spectacular.
Maineville, Ohio 6-15-08 Best viewed large.

Note: For those who are wondering,
A) This is not fake. I would not know how to make something like this if my life depended on it.
B) The white spots are not stars, but rain drops.
This shot is real and straight out of the camera as I said above."

http://flickr.com/photos/jasonpics/2582132489/sizes/o/

===============================================

Here are two lightning shots I took 3 years ago in Hong Kong.
Yes they have been gone through photo-processing
(worked on the contrast, enhance the color a lil bit)

IMG_3208_1.jpg

15 sec, F 5.6, 8/13/2005

IMG_3262_1.jpg

5 sec, F 5, 8/13/2005

Woke up by the thunder storm around 3 in the morning.
Took over 100+ shots just trying to capture some lightnings

That setting depends on the kind of camera as to how much you can adjust it.

Concerning the lightning pic on the last page, I have never seen a suburban neighborhood with no street lights.

The houses indeed look like models, they seem to... clean to be real. Hmmm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if he used a long shutter, we wouldn't be seeing individual rain drops floating in the air like that, unblurred.

I thought those were stars. :/

If you're talking about the pics above, lol that's a window. Drops on glass.

I'm talking about the first picture, where that guy posted the photographer's explanation on it. He said they were rain drops, and they don't look like on a window, seeing as they are all different sizes (different distances from the camera)

Lol. Camera noob
^this.

There is a setting called shutter speed you fool!

yes. Those shots were set to on average from 4 seconds to 15 seconds shutter speed.

it's impossible to capture a lightening shot by seeing a lighting then hit the shutter.
By the time you see a lightening flashing before your eyes
and you hit the shutter the lightening is already gone.
That's why I kept taking shots after shots, hoping to capture lightnings.

Naph and Koola Mena sounds like you guys are experienced in shooting lightening photos.

can I ask you guys how you can tell when a lightening is about to strike?

because for me, there was no way to tell that. A lightening flashes once every 2 minutes (longer or shorter).

and btw I took it with this camera

frontview-001.jpg

noob camera? indeed. at least I had the passion to capture a lightening. and I did it.

oh, and btw Koola Mena,
no offense but if you opened your eyes you'd see that the first shot had 15 seconds of shutter open,
and second shot had about 5 seconds.

Lightening - to make something lighter.
Lightning - Arcs of electricity in the atmosphere.

Lightening - to make something lighter.
Lightning - Arcs of electricity in the atmosphere.

light⋅en⋅ing
   /ˈlaɪtnɪŋ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [lahyt-n-ing] Show IPA Pronunciation
?noun Medicine/Medical.
the descent of the uterus into the pelvic cavity, occurring toward the end of pregnancy, changing the contour of the abdomen and facilitating breathing by lessening pressure under the diaphragm.

Split-screen multiplayer CoD4 on a 103-inch TV.

PC060948.jpg

And some Street Fighting:

PC060921.jpg

Capcom's theorem: any given in-game picture of Street Fighter (or its many variants) must contain at least one (1) Ryu character, with a probability of .95 that the other character will likewise be Ryu.

There is a setting called shutter speed you fool!

If you run too long of a shutter speed, then when/if lightning strikes it will be a dim flickr unless you're running like iso1600 or higher, and then everything gets washed out from light pollution or grain. Typically when I shoot lightning I try and keep it less than 5 seconds.

2510601706_533c4e084b_o.jpg

this was at around 1/15th of a second and I just held the button down and filled up a memory card.
1374085303_ea8eea1c65_b.jpg

I still need to work on clarity it's just so rare we get lightning and no rain where I live. I'm getting better, but I still need practice. It's just super annoying when you've been out there for like 15 minutes, nothing has stuck for like 4 minutes, so you put the lens cap on...and then some zeus bolt streaks across the sky branching off and generally just being amazing. -_-

I have Canon 1 series film and digital, a 16-35mm F2.8L II & 80-200 F2.8L and I'm awesome.

2u8w5r5.jpg

15mmozo.jpg

2zjdh74.jpg

23rs21i.jpg

2zzu7vt.jpg

rc3lmw.jpg

What are the origins of this? The first one I saw is the "we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive". Is that the first one? What does it relate to anyway? Some quote or something?

What are the origins of this? The first one I saw is the "we put a car in your car so you can drive while you drive". Is that the first one? What does it relate to anyway? Some quote or something?

Pretty sure its from the show "pimp my ride".

:LOL:
is the last picture done in photoshop or are they just conjoined dogs? :|

The dog can also transform into Catherine the Greats horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back