Image Dump VIII (POST YOUR RANDOM IMAGES HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call that picture anime again and I'll kill you dead.

its anime.

no, I know better, but apparently the author of that piece of trash thinks otherwise (sad thing is he can draw better than i can)

edit: i would consider it "anime" inspired

Looks like some kind of cell shaded cartoon.. Just because it has Japanese writing on it doesn't mean it's anime.

It being anime would just make it shittier anyways.

Allen_Shanghai_Karate_01.jpg

snakefist_karate.jpg

Haafu Raifu
Koumei Satou up in here.

sdd1ec.jpg

313lv07.jpg

5anzm0.gif

Which reminds me that I haven't played Peaces Like Us in awhile. I don't remember if I've played it at all this year...better go do it. Also KS made a Portal map I just found out about.

What? Better not be saying anything bad about the art from the guy who made THE BEST FUCKING SINGLEPLAYER HL MOD IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE. I'll kick you, dog.

best mod? no - but it was a good one.

I can't think of a better SP mod than Peaces Like Us. I suppose that's my opinion...but I'm sure I'll sway a lot of people to the same opinion when I mention that Peaces Like Us has ZOMBIE GOASTS

2mfdblu.jpg

The mod was from 2000, too, so KS thought up zombie ghosts before there was John Freeman.

I can't think of a better SP mod than Peaces Like Us. I suppose that's my opinion...but I'm sure I'll sway a lot of people to the same opinion when I mention that Peaces Like Us has ZOMBIE GOASTS

[IMG SNIP]

The mod was from 2000, too, so KS thought up zombie ghosts before there was John Freeman.

Did you take that screenshot, if so how'd you manage only 6 Health? I'm normally dead if I drop anywhere below 10...

Did you take that screenshot, if so how'd you manage only 6 Health? I'm normally dead if I drop anywhere below 10...
In that particular area there were zombie ghosts, with headcrab ghosts, a vortigaunt ghost, and an alien grunt ghost, AND THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' HALLWAY IN THAT PART OF THE MAP MOVES AND PUSHES YOU TOWARD THEM AND THERE IS NO COVER ANYWHERE. And on hard mode, even a direct RPG shot won't kill an alien grunt, but a few bees will drop you.

Before that, there was a lava trap and a bullsquid ghost.

Before that there were houndeye ghosts and another grunt ghost.

This mod is hardcore.

Beating Peaces Like Us on hard mode feels good, man.

Barnz said:
They Hunger is still my favourite HL mod to date.
You know, I just never really got behind They Hunger. I disliked certain parts, and the parts I did enjoy I thought were just "okay."

Darkside....

Come on man. Come on.

Sweet Half-Life and Peaces Like Us are some fine-ass mods, therefore the official art is cool no matter how shitty non-japanese-made anime it is.

Edit: Oh god why did I look for more hl2 art

iz446h.jpg

i5ve6r.jpg

Sweet Half-Life and Peaces Like Us are some fine-ass mods, therefore the official art is cool no matter how shitty non-japanese-made anime it is.
the official art is cool no matter how shitty non-japanese-made anime it is
the official art...non-japanese-made
20090715.png

His name is KOUMEI SATOU. His website is in Japanese. It's hosted at fucking biglobe.ne.jp.

I wish I could hate you seriously injured.

the mod is aobut evangelion? cuz that looks like the blonde scientist woman wearing the hev suit

Hm, she does bear a slight resemblance to Ritsuko. Never noticed before. But no, Sweet Half-Life is just another story about people trying to get the hell out of Black Mesa. To be honest I thought SHL was mediocre. Come to think of it, Mistake of Pythagoras was also kind of "eh" in quality. Peaces was really the best thing he did.

Blindly hating an entire medium that encompasses several different styles and genres is where it's at.

What? Better not be saying anything bad about the art from the guy who made THE BEST FUCKING SINGLEPLAYER HL MOD IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE. I'll kick you, dog.
Ahem. Don't tell me you don't remember a guy from Kamloops BC called Neil Manke?

Dsintro0000.PNG

Circa 99

Darkstar or They Hunger 2 would go for my selection as best SP Mod.

poke646_vendetta_09.jpg

Yeah, it's either a tie between Poke646 and They Hunger, for me.

Ok, so what I've gathered from this last page is that anime is a broad a varied genre that encompasses many styles but those particular pictures are NOT anime because...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/HCU/Mods/Poke646%20Vendetta/poke646_vendetta_09.jpg
Yeah, it's either a tie between Poke646 and They Hunger, for me.

Vendetta...seriously? I mean it's okay if you say Poke646, but Vendetta?

Ok, so what I've gathered from this last page is that anime is a broad a varied genre that encompasses many styles but those particular pictures are NOT anime because...

"those images"? The first one, with all the characters from HL2, drawn by some 14 year old I would not call anime. But those HL1 mod promotional pics were anime.

Vendetta...seriously? I mean it's okay if you say Poke646, but Vendetta?

Only good screens out there were from Vendetta. Plus, it wasn't that bad. A little short, yeah, but enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back