lead is the new gold

What makes you think they are insane?

figuratively speaking. seems they think it's the end of the world. sure they can do all they want, but man you know how much lead that will use up and where it will end up?

i read in an article lead from bullets is the most common lead pollutant in the US.

Their fears are quite rational: potential revisitation (and maybe a longer stay) of the AWB from the 90s when the Democrats held both the house and presidency last. Lemme tell ya I don't look forward to paying for ammunition if California-style laws go national again.

Of course, I don't think it will happen, but that's just me.

Plus I live in Texas, which considered passing a law exempting all manufacturers of national restrictions which would pretty much nullify any problems I might run into.

Look at the size of that ****ing revolver!

260xStory.jpg

sorry if i'm exaggerating but 9 billion bullets a year and the manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand...that doesn't seem normal to me.

That's not a revolver, that's a hand cannon!
attachment.php

I'm really hoping I can defuse another forserious pissing match in the Lounge with this pic.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 491
No shit, you dont live in the south. It wont seem normal to anyone outside of the southern United States.

Its just retarded rednecks being retarded rednecks though, and that should seem pretty normal to you. Its not like this means anything other than idiots are afraid obama will taek durr gunz

Leave it to a black president to spark the biggest internal arms race of all time in this country.

No shit, you dont live in the south. It wont seem normal to anyone outside of the southern United States.

Its just retarded rednecks being retarded rednecks though, and that should seem pretty normal to you. Its not like this means anything other than idiots are afraid obama will taek durr gunz

You know if you weren't Krynn I might have taken you seriously.

Oh, and Darkside.

WHATCHA!
punt-gun-washington-dc.jpg

Leave it to a black president to spark the biggest internal arms race of all time in this country.

I'm...I'm not sure what to make of this.

Are you joking?

Are you saying it's his fault because he's black?

Are you saying that reactionary gun-owners buy up guns because he's black?

Shit I really hope that's the first one because this could turn into a pissing-match worthy of one of Stern's news 'discussion' threads.

Are you joking?

Shit I really hope that's the first one because this could turn into a pissing-match worthy of one of Stern's news 'discussion' threads.

It was obviously a joke, way to kill it.

The punt gun isn't a revolver, but damn if it ain't purdy.

Yes but you could, technically if you tried really hard, hold it in your hands without help.

THUS IT IS A HAND CANNON.

I mean that revolver can't be held with just two hands. He needs a table for that bastard!

Are you joking?

I'm saying there's a lost of racist ****s out there who have been buying guns, joining militias during and even before he was president. A lot of them aren't motivated by his race but a shitload of them are.

No joke at all.

worlds_smallest_handgun.jpg

I prefer this type of gun. very compact, but still stings when you hit flesh!

On second thought, that looks like something I'd strap to my dick as a secondary.

Actually my secondary would be a rifle pointing out my ass.

I KNew iT!! OBamA was elected thanks to Teh Powerful Ammo Lobby!!!11 THEY KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!!

You know that actually kind of makes sense...Glock's stock values were up 36% from prior to elections last I heard and that was three or four months ago I heard it.

Well, if the apocalypse is going to come, why not get prepared?

Well, if the apocalypse is going to come, why not get prepared?

Because demons and other assorted minions of the netherworld are not affected by bullets.

Because demons and other assorted minions of the netherworld are not affected by bullets, unless they are bullets that have been touched by Michael Jackson's Ghost who has ultimate power of the netherworld and parallel dimensions on Tuesdays and Fridays!

fixed

is it me or are they insane?

When a man cares more about having the means to kill his fellow man, rather than to help his fellow man you have to wonder what kind of value system they are operating on.

I look forward to the day when the USA grows up as a country and puts away such foolish things.

Amd I to understand this correctly; that since Obama became president the amount of ammo purchases have increased dramatically or is that just spinning it?

Look guys, it's not because he's black, or might be Muslim, or might be a terrorist, or is named Huessien Obama, it's mostly because of all the scare tactics used against him in the campaign and the position he has taken against abuse of gun privileges throughout his career.

Basically, serial numbers on bullets linked to your ID when you purchased them, you can buy no more than 40 machine guns a month, things like that.

Look guys, it's not because he's black, or might be Muslim, or might be a terrorist, or is named Huessien Obama, it's mostly because of all the scare tactics used against him in the campaign and the position he has taken against abuse of gun privileges throughout his career.

Basically, serial numbers on bullets linked to your ID when you purchased them, you can buy no more than 40 machine guns a month, things like that.

that's an abomination!!! ONLY 40 machine guns a month, Obama has no honor. i mean come on, 40 machine guns a month, how are we going to defend ourselves when the communists invade? they have unlimited access to guns and we can't even buy fully loaded tanks...i want my america back!!! damn you obama!!!!

It's too bad you can't get handguns in Ireland. I'd like a revolver. CAAs are sexy.

not too long until we start taking advantage of shooting air at people...that's gotta be possible. Well, that and laser or some shit.

What am I talking about, we all know nukes are going to end it all anyways.

I'm wondering as to how many of you even know what the **** you're talking about. Frankly no one from Europe shouldn't even comment on laws from another country, seeing as how you don't even know what our culture is like.

Here's the low-down: Obama's voting history is consistent with restrictions on firearms that either directly prohibit or make prohibitively expensive everything that isn't black powder. Thus, people are worried they won't be able to afford ammunition later on and are stocking up. If you knew condoms and other forms of birth control had a high likelihood of having legislation brought against them to ban or put prohibitive taxes on them, would you do nothing to stock up? Hell yes you would.

Now don't take that as a chance to say "WELL CONDOMS DON'T KILL PEOPLE SO IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!ONE11!" because it's not motivated by "I can't kill people" it's motivated by "I can't go hunting or to the shooting range."

Believe it or not, some people just like to shoot guns! Isn't that INCREDIBLE?

Also, it is a fundamental American value that the right to keep and bear arms is an insurance against tyrannical government. I think this stems from the fact that the people who immigrated here were those willing to take a chance for freedom, and our nation's freedom was gained by force of arms. People also buy firearms for self defense in the home or in public because there are situations that sometimes call for such things.

As an aside, if you make legitimate weapons illegal then the only people who will break the law to buy them are going to be the people who want to commit crimes with them. That means you've disarmed the law-abiding citizen in favor of allowing illegally-armed thugs to predominate. Yes, yes in Europe it works but that's because few people had firearms in the first place and here the transition period would likely result in a high number of home invasions and shootings because there is about (my guess) a 20-year lag between removing guns from public and the majority being removed from criminal hands.

tl;dr is shut the **** up, not everyone buys guns with the express purpose of killing other human beings. If they do it is likely in self-defense.

tl;dr is shut the **** up, not everyone buys guns with the express purpose of killing other human beings. If they do it is likely in self-defense.

I don't think anyone argued that people buy guns to kill other people. What is being argued however, is that guns kill people. The great presence of lethal weapons, especially ones that are so simple to use (at least, most people can unsafe and pull the trigger if the weapon is loaded) and so dangerous, leads to more murders. It's that simple. I still think that the amount of gun-wielding Americans is obscenely high.

What I've been hearing is a circle-jerk of people saying "silly Americans, just because their president is black they're buying more guns to kill each other." Which anyone with an ounce of logic would realize is a logical fallacy of a magnitude without measure.

Oh god damnit, I made this into a serious discussion.

Copyofronaldgetsshow.gif

There, I made it unserious again.

I'm wondering as to how many of you even know what the **** you're talking about. Frankly no one from Europe shouldn't even comment on laws from another country, seeing as how you don't even know what our culture is like.

Here's the low-down: Obama's voting history is consistent with restrictions on firearms that either directly prohibit or make prohibitively expensive everything that isn't black powder. Thus, people are worried they won't be able to afford ammunition later on and are stocking up. If you knew condoms and other forms of birth control had a high likelihood of having legislation brought against them to ban or put prohibitive taxes on them, would you do nothing to stock up? Hell yes you would.

Now don't take that as a chance to say "WELL CONDOMS DON'T KILL PEOPLE SO IT'S NOT THE SAME!!!ONE11!" because it's not motivated by "I can't kill people" it's motivated by "I can't go hunting or to the shooting range."

Believe it or not, some people just like to shoot guns! Isn't that INCREDIBLE?

Also, it is a fundamental American value that the right to keep and bear arms is an insurance against tyrannical government. I think this stems from the fact that the people who immigrated here were those willing to take a chance for freedom, and our nation's freedom was gained by force of arms. People also buy firearms for self defense in the home or in public because there are situations that sometimes call for such things.

As an aside, if you make legitimate weapons illegal then the only people who will break the law to buy them are going to be the people who want to commit crimes with them. That means you've disarmed the law-abiding citizen in favor of allowing illegally-armed thugs to predominate. Yes, yes in Europe it works but that's because few people had firearms in the first place and here the transition period would likely result in a high number of home invasions and shootings because there is about (my guess) a 20-year lag between removing guns from public and the majority being removed from criminal hands.

Maestro said:
What I've been hearing is a circle-jerk of people saying "silly Americans, just because their president is black they're buying more guns to kill each other." Which anyone with an ounce of logic would realize is a logical fallacy of a magnitude without measure.

You really haven't been keeping up with the politics of all this, have you?

You're acting like one of those people who believes there isn't widespread rampant racism and fear of a "HNIC" going on. Like there isn't a Stormfront and other groups growing in numbers anticipating a race war, along with militias growing at an alarming rate.

It's all just innocent gun lovers to you, simply scared of policies that haven't even been proposed or enacted.

Racism doesn't exist! Only Reverse Racism!

Of course this doesn't mean all of them are racists. And they should stop ****ing believing that we're calling them all racists. But it's certainly a large number of people. It's no small ****ing minority of intolerance and bigotry out there. It's racism... it's not an obscure vice. It's rampant, in this country and in others as well.

Back