Minecraft = Love

Yeah, but it's still quite impressive. Also that's the best looking minecraft video I've ever seen. The textures and lighting that he uses are amazing. :)

1.3 is out!

Edit: Changes
* Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
* Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button
* Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
* Added three new half-size blocks
* Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
* Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”
* New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
* It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves
* Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
* Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors
* .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!

This update is insanely good. It implements smooth lighting into the game without the huge performance hit that it had as just a mod. Beds are nice as well.

I'm looking forward to the redstone circuit additions, personally. I won't need a dozen delay repeaters anymore to make my doorbell work.

Beds are the best addition since minecarts! I hope they can support 32x32+ sized textures without needing a mod soon.

Anyone else running like crap since this update? Turned the graphics back down to quick, view distance isn't full, fog is on. Just stutters every second or two no matter what I do.

if you are playing the de-bug version they released immediately on tuesday, re-installing might help as there was a memory leak issue they have since fixed i believe... i was getting slowdown too but it's fine now.

Is Pi still running a server and letting us on? I might start playing this again.

Yes, I have been eking out a humble existence on his server, quite alone, since about the time you guys left. Currently not able to connect since I have the latest client and the necessary server updates haven't been released yet.

I was wondering if someone could answer a Cartographer question for me. I rendered an oblique "cave mode" image. Can anyone tell me what the different colors mean. I see a lot of blue and a little bit of green, some read and and some yellow. I *think* green are places I've been but I'm definitely not sure. Any ideas?

I was wondering if someone could answer a Cartographer question for me. I rendered an oblique "cave mode" image. Can anyone tell me what the different colors mean. I see a lot of blue and a little bit of green, some read and and some yellow. I *think* green are places I've been but I'm definitely not sure. Any ideas?

From my understanding, blue means dark caves, green caves have some light in them, usually by torchlight. Yellow caves are brighter light usually from nearby lava and red caves are the brightest light from directly adjacent lava.

That's my understanding anyway.

From my understanding, blue means dark caves, green caves have some light in them, usually by torchlight. Yellow caves are brighter light usually from nearby lava and red caves are the brightest light from directly adjacent lava.

That's my understanding anyway.

Thanks, that definitely makes sense. The more and more I look at my maps the more that seems to be true.

Thanks again.

I am contemplating purchasing this. Do a lot of .netters still play this?

I do, but it is a hard life for a crafter with no server-home. There were once many of us but the great griefing that ravaged the promise land and the treachery of the false server provider scattered the .netters to far off servers. Many have forged new lives for themselves on new servers. It it the hope that with the revival of the promise land known as the Hokey server, the lost crafters of the HL2.net people will return home and forge a new civilization.

Short answer... yes,,, we just need to gather everyone from wherever they've gone off to.

I'm going to be getting into it here again pretty soon.

I'm not sure if this video was shared previously, I just watched it now. It's short, but amazing.

it was, but its worth a second watch!

and thanks a lot! I was about to go to bed but now I want to build a small sand castle

Snow, Rain, Lightning, Achievements.... need I say more?

1.5 can't get here fast enough

amazing, even more time lost to a game that should have came out a decade ago, lol

I really want that first shirt.

You can also get those T-shirt Iron-Ons for like $10 for a pack of 5. they make dark color and light color shirts and its far cheaper but I'm not too sure how long they last. Maybe you can't wash them everytime after you wear them or throw them in the wash inside out but its worth a shot. I've got a pack of 5 just waiting to be used

Just started playing this game a month ago. I can't get enough of it... for some odd reason. Haven't managed to create a giant cocknballs yet, however i'm working on it.

Just started playing this game a month ago. I can't get enough of it... for some odd reason. Haven't managed to create a giant cocknballs yet, however i'm working on it.

You playing multiplayer? If so, you should come play with the .netters!

So, I'm probably late to the party but I was never interested in this game before. I recently played the free version to see what all the fuss was about and found it quite fun so I bought the game and it turns out it's pretty awesome. I've already started building a tribal kind of town with wood houses in trees, sides of cliffs and on stilts in the lake it's based around. Good times.

That looks like it would be amazing to try for roughly fifteen minutes.

Back