Minecraft = Love

Sorry Warped, build code regulations require all walls be at least two tiles thick. Time to gather some more stone.

Kidding.

Sneaki said:
Could someone please add me to the whitelist? (it's 'Sneaki' )

Gonna add you now.

We need a minecraft sub forum, complete with a screenshot thread!

Can't someone with a good connection just host a vent server occasionally? It'd be free and we'd probably appreciate it more. You don't know what you've got until it's gone, and all that.

I'm currently hosting a Minecraft Server on a friends Dedi box.

I can host a Vent server for you guys if you'd like?

Sorry Warped, build code regulations require all walls be at least two tiles thick. Time to gather some more stone.
Kidding.

I would pass out if that were true. I'm gunna add a lot to my home and fortress wall. its very time consuming with it being overly large.

also +1pt for me for living right next to a SALOON! its the wooden hut to the right

my ventrilo is already paid for and it has 35 slots free :) the free vents are 8slots max unless u use the illegal 100 slot copy. ill post the info when i get home and make a channel for minecraft

We need a minecraft sub forum, complete with a screenshot thread!

Considering how fast this thread is moving now, and how it only seems like its going to get more popular from here... probably not a bad idea.

Considering how fast this thread is moving now, and how it only seems like its going to get more popular from here... probably not a bad idea.

Yeah, and I can't really see it tapering off any time soon either... unlike some games.

Problem.

According to my friend, he got all of his supplies/stuff stolen from all of his chests in his cave. He's really pissed off, and isn't looking forward to playing on there again. Does anybody here know anything about this?

FUUUUUUUUUCK

i lost EVERYTHING. 28 diamonds and shitton of other resources, and all my tools (3x diamond pickaxes). It was all in my personal inventory so it couldnt of have been stolen.

God damnit. Its moment like this you feel hopeless and just want to quit the damn game. Probably gonna take a few days off cuz that pisses me off immensly, especially after spending so much time on finding all that stuff.

I was there when it happened. Nobody has really been on all day, other than EvilNic and myself for an hour or so. I have no reason to steal items, though. Everyone else started joining later on. I offered to compensate him, but he didn't take it.

FUUUUUUUUUCK

i lost EVERYTHING. 28 diamonds and shitton of other resources, and all my tools (3x diamond pickaxes). It was all in my personal inventory so it couldnt of have been stolen.

God damnit. Its moment like this you feel hopeless and just want to quit the damn game. Probably gonna take a few days off cuz that pisses me off immensly, especially after spending so much time on finding all that stuff.
Did you log in from a different PC? Your inventory is stored on your PC, not the server so if you signed in from a different PC your inventory would be blank.

EvilNic's my friend, there's no way they'd have swiped anything. Too busy building a massive-ass tunnel, for one thing.

Was it a natural cave or like a cave they'd dug out for their home? Sounds kind of like they just left a bunch of chests around a regular cave, someone could've thought the stuff was complimentary or something? Idunno. Still not cool if they just took it all, of course.

Did you log in from a different PC? Your inventory is stored on your PC, not the server so if you signed in from a different PC your inventory would be blank.

No im using the same PC ive always used. It crashed and when i logged back in everything was rinsed out. Makes no sense.

One thing people could do is build secret stashes. you burry a chest somewhere and then cover it. When you need your stuff you uncover. Its pretty simple and only someone who is grieffing in your house will find it... witch makes them a double asshole.

Woe to those found griefing. I can't imagine any HL2.net griefing anyway.

Woe to those found griefing. I can't imagine any HL2.net griefing anyway.

Exactly.

Also. Put us signs idtenifying that box as yours and that its a private stash. That will keep all honest players out.

logged on but kept getting "Connection reset by peer" errors, strange.

Well I'm rather proud of today's work. I made a proper habitat for my reed and cacti farms, planted some trees nearby. On my house I added some mossy cobble detailing as well as adding a tower that reaches the top of the map to my house (with a glass and obsidian beacon on top) and started expanding the living area too. I also plan on building a room under my lake.

No im using the same PC ive always used. It crashed and when i logged back in everything was rinsed out. Makes no sense.

I've had one of my single player worlds disappear on me when the game crashed. I went to load up my world and it was just gone from the menu, though I could still see it in my saves folder. I assume it crashed during a save and Notch performs saves in some unsafe/lazy way, thus it corrupts the save on crash. shit sucks

No I've played from different computers and had the same personal inventory.

God i wanted to play all night. This is why the world is full of angry people. Shit don't work and they go AWOL. But I feel like going bananas, this game is like Crack

people complaining

20100925024209capture.png

alpha yo

I've been extending the road out to mine and Ravioli's places. It just about reaches Ravioli's but I ran out of cobblestone. You can also now see my beacon from spawn :)

One thing people could do is build secret stashes. you burry a chest somewhere and then cover it. When you need your stuff you uncover. Its pretty simple and only someone who is grieffing in your house will find it... witch makes them a double asshole.

This is what I do. I have two secret treasure rooms where I keep gold/diamond/extra coal.

This is what I do. I have two secret treasure rooms where I keep gold/diamond/extra coal.

Yep. I've had a secret, untouched treasure stash since the start of the server.

Back