Minecraft = Love

I just had an awesome idea!.... *drum roll*.... pipes and pumps. It be a block that was hollow and water would flow though it. A pump block would be able to push the water uphill. You could have fountains, irrigation, showers etc.
Dwarf Fortress.

Well, if water had actual physics and displaced properly, you could do it by creating a hollow 3x3 length of any sort of block, filling it with water, dropping some sand into it, and it would displace out the other end. I don't like the idea of anything else in the minecraft world being less than 1 block in size, so water being able to travel down the centre of 1-block sized pipes seems weird.

does anyone know how to give yourself stuff in single player? I dig into a lava lack and lost 15 Diamond!!!!!

Edit: about the pipes. 3x3 pipes would be too impractical. If you can accept that an electrical charge cal flow though a red power sprinkled on the ground and be powered by a red stick... I think you can handle a 1x1 pipe.

That's kind of, like, part of the game bro.

I know!!! but is was so frustrating. I had the game on peaceful because of the bug that causes your stuff to disappear. But I die anyway and the bug killed all my stuff. Isn't that a good reason?

Edit: about the pipes. 3x3 pipes would be too impractical. If you can accept that an electrical charge cal flow though a red power sprinkled on the ground and be powered by a red stick... I think you can handle a 1x1 pipe.
Except that water already exists in 1x1 form and it doesn't work to then have to fit it into a 1x1 pipe. PS the whole point of minecraft is the blocks

I know!!! but is was so frustrating. I had the game on peaceful because of the bug that causes your stuff to disappear. But I die anyway and the bug killed all my stuff. Isn't that a good reason?

How did the bug kill your stuff? I thought the lava burned it all.

Except that water already exists in 1x1 form and it doesn't work to then have to fit it into a 1x1 pipe. PS the whole point of minecraft is the blocks

Can't you move the same volume of water through a smaller pipe by increasing the speed of the water's movement?

QUOTE=Vegeta897;3222561]How did the bug kill your stuff? I thought the lava burned it all.[/QUOTE]

Lava killed me... bug deleted my stuff. when you are on peaceful Lava is the only think that will kill you. If the bug hadn't gotten my stuff some would have splashed onto the nearby land. I don't even care about the iron or coal... I just want the diamond back.

Can't you move the same volume of water through a smaller pipe by increasing the speed of the water's movement?

QUOTE=Vegeta897;3222561]How did the bug kill your stuff? I thought the lava burned it all.

Lava killed me... bug deleted my stuff. when you are on peaceful Lava is the only think that will kill you. If the bug hadn't gotten my stuff some would have splashed onto the nearby land. I don't even care about the iron or coal... I just want the diamond back.

You took diamond on an excursion to the lava lake? I am dissapoint son.

If you really want to be cheaty and cheat your way back into cheaty prosperity, google mineedit.

I've used it to test tnt, since i'm too girly to play on anything other than peaceful.

I guess I'll just take this hit. I think, despite my frustration, if I cheat now it may open the door to giving myself all sorts of stuff... and that would ruin the game. *sigh* I WAS ON MY F**KING way back out! I was leaving my F**king mine to avoid that very F**king thing from happening!!!!

... ok I feel better now.

edit: does anyone know if there is a trick to finding diamond? I read that its most often near lava, but I still only find it rarely... is it really that rare or am I not looking well enough?

Apparently Deadmau5 is really into Minecraft:

http://soundcloud.com/****mylife/minecraft-02-test

kpajJ.jpg

Diamond is usually found down close to the bottom of the map and near lava, but it is still pretty rare. I've only found about 20+ or so blocks.

Speaking of lava hate, it looks like my "water conveyor belt sending zombies to a lava ledge" feather factory in SP doesn't work anymore. Wonder if Notch turned down the damage radius of lava in the last patch. Now when I get the flow of lava to stop right at a ledge, it doesn't hurt me anymore. Also it seems like zombies don't die as a result of lava exposure anymore D:

I don't remember the exact numbers, but I believe diamond is only found at level 16 and below. Bed rock can be found between the very bottom and the 5th level. Again I don't remember the exact numbers, but those are close at least.

sounds like the server is down cuz it says outdated client

I've noticed several things. There appears to be a lack of snow in the snow biomes so snow I dig out is not replaced.

I'm using the painterly pack with the grass textures set to run down 1/3 of the way down the side, but in game there are no grass textures on the side of the dirt blocks.

Finally: leaf blocks do not deteriorate naturally after you harvest the wood. Normally I leave them to drop saplings on their own but now they just sit there looking ugly.

The leaf thing has been a problem of mine forever.

Yeah the snow biomes need some work. It doesn't 'snow' in them either, which is why the snow will not get replaced.

Random problem, so I figured this thread was the most appropriate.

I have built a portal on top of a temple. It teleports me to a tunnel in the nether. It does this every time. When I go through the nether portal, though, it generated and consistently spawns me at a random portal several hundred yards away. That portal takes me back to the same Nether portal. What. The heck.

That's a bug with portals. Basically, when you make the first portal, it tried to place an appropriate twin portal in the Nether for it, but the prime location was obstructed, so it had to move the nether twin portal some number of blocks to a free spot. In doing so, it created ANOTHER "entrance" portal in the corresponding real-world location of that Nether portal. Does that make sense? Basically Portal 1 creates Portal 2 in the Nether, but since Portal 2 has to be moved, Portal 2 also creates a corresponding entrance in the real world (Portal 3) which represents the true physical location of Portal 2 relative to the nether.

Makes sense. I always thought the Nether was only constructed upon being entered, thus it would be designed specifically so such things wouldn't happen.

How do you get the programs needed to make a map render and do a block count?

How do you get the programs needed to make a map render and do a block count?

IIRC cartograph output those statistics back when rendering the hl2.net world was a collaborative task. But it's been a while and may not be compatible with the current iteration of the game. Idunno.

Built a giant tower today, and made it into a "mob trap". Turns out that monsters don't spawn in it. I spent like 3-4 hours doing it too.

I'm itching to play Minecraft again, its been at least a month. guys do we have a new server going?

Me and my friend have our own private server. Once we get some admin tools installed we can let people come in and play. Wont be an official hl2.net server but open for you guys to play at. Got our own teamspeak server too, but it only allows 8 people atm.

How long has the server been up for?

I'd be willing to jump in and help. Any plans for this server?

Me and my friend have our own private server. Once we get some admin tools installed we can let people come in and play. Wont be an official hl2.net server but open for you guys to play at. Got our own teamspeak server too, but it only allows 8 people atm.

If you need help installing or configuring hmod or any other plugins / mods let me know. I've been looking for a small minecraft server to play on since my friends and I shut ours down.

If you need help installing or configuring hmod or any other plugins / mods let me know. I've been looking for a small minecraft server to play on since my friends and I shut ours down.

How long has the server been up for?

I'd be willing to jump in and help. Any plans for this server?

Been up for about a week, were running it on a Multiplay.co.uk server hosted in Germany. So far we just built a small little town with some buildings, a farm, a spleefing arena, and an in-progress sand castle. My friend is in control of all the server stuff, so i dont really know much about that. He says that the latest version of minecraft is incompatible with hmod and whatnot, so we are currently just waiting for them to update the mod tools (or the new one called bukkit http://fill.bukkit.org/), until then we dont really feel comfortable giving out the IP due to griefing.

We cant roll back the server version either because the map becomes incompatible too, so unless there is any other workarounds, we just have to sit and wait :(

EDIT: YAY, they released an un-offical version that works. Setting it up right now :D

EDIT: Alright everything works, im going to sleep now but il post the IP next time il play.

BALLS!!!

I lost 60 lapis lazuli. You get careless for one moment and then you die at the worst possible time.

Cool video by the way. Is that a mod?

Back