Minecraft = Love

I take all of my sand from underwater, so you can't really blame me.

I don't even care about the sand itself, but they left the beach looking awful.

There's a huge wall of sand and then a huge pit where they dug down. They left the one wall of sand up so water wouldn't flow in. Could have atleast filled it in with dirt.

its a shame minecarts don't work so well yet. i'd love to be able to tour all the buildings in one sitting

I don't even care about the sand itself, but they left the beach looking awful.

There's a huge wall of sand and then a huge pit where they dug down. They left the one wall of sand up so water wouldn't flow in. Could have atleast filled it in with dirt.
That's been like that for ages (days).

I'm not going to lie. I still don't know what Minecraft is.

^This.

I feel like I should sit down and remedy it, but just haven't.

I'm not going to explain it for the 30th time. Click around youtube and read some wiki.

I wouldn't say it's more complex than legos, at least as far as the geometry goes. With legos you have all kinds of weird pieces and those flat pieces, in minecraft everything's just a cube in a 3d grid.

But overall as a game, at least survival mode, it is a lot more engaging than building with legos.

I wouldn't want to introduce someone to minecraft by showing them the freebuild. I was staying away from minecraft all this time because I thought it only was freebuild. I was like, "wow that's boring". I have found that the best way to get someone interested in the game is to have them watch you play survival.

Or get them to watch some of the "Lets Play" series on Youtube. Some users have commentary that makes it a little more entertaining to watch, and the videos generally show what Minecraft is really like the first time you generate a world.

I showed a friend of mine Minecraft and as soon as he saw it he said "Oh God turn it off it burns my eyes! How can you enjoy that!"

20 minutes later and I couldn't get him off the thing.

Yeah it's a "let's play" type video that reeled me in before I knew what was happening.

I found a sizeable underground lava river which I am in the process of excavating, as I go along mining away the rock at its edges I replace it with glass, brick by brick. Going to get a big suspended (kinda, near bedrock) magma river you can walk around and see all the sides of, in its natural shape.

you really have no excuse. go to minecraft.net and click on minecraft classic; free demo

Your face has no excuse.

Also, I'm going to watch a few YouTube videos after I finish my paper. It's 7 AM, and this paper is due at 10! I'm about half way done however so I should be good! :D

Found a neat little program for doing mock-ups of complex projects. It's in moon language but it's pretty basic and self-explanatory. Click to place a block (or use any of the tools in the top left), right click and drag to rotate, middle click to move the camera around. It's not really designed for Minecraft so isn't perfect, but a few of the textures look quite similar, so it's easy enough to substitute them.

http://cubekingdom.web.fc2.com/ (download is the first link after the image)

Edit: Oh hey, and a server browser mod! Well, not so much a browser as a favourites lists, but at least I can delete that pointless txt file on my desktop that served only to copy+paste the IP from. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=30661

Oh, speaking of let's plays - a Modern Warfare 2 commentator decides to give Minecraft a go with little to no information. Hijinx ensue. (skip to like a minute in)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v6eC0TkCUQ

I should be getting broadband in my apartment in a week or two and then I'll be able to play again :D

I caved in and bought it. >_<

Just learning how to do stuff in single player then wouldn't mind coming online with you guys :) Can you add Ren182 to the whitelist please? No rush though :)

Buying it as we speak. Shamrock13 is me name to be added to the list, please! :D

This is awesome. Looking forward to seeing all your new establishments going up.

Is this natural or did someone carve this?

mineiv.jpg

Also, I am chilling on one of the platforms in front of my estate and suddenly I see this shit:

mine2.jpg

Who the hell built these single-block horizontal and vertical lines? Is this going to evolve into something, cause right now it's an eyesore and it ruins the view.

EDIT: It appears to emanate from the complex of buildings (temple?) made from halt-tiles. Who is the owner?

Since I can't convince my guild mates to play it, can I join you guys? pwetty pwease?

Name's Septih

@Unfocused, the first pic looks natural to me. I'm building my base in an area that looks similar.

Also, I am chilling on one of the platforms in front of my estate and suddenly I see this shit:

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2905/mine2.jpg[/img

Who the hell built these single-block horizontal and vertical lines? Is this going to evolve into something, cause right now it's an eyesore and it ruins the view.

EDIT: It appears to emanate from the complex of buildings (temple?) made from halt-tiles. Who is the owner?[/QUOTE]

One was a failed path to my place, I'll remove it when I next get a chance. And that temple-looking thing is krynn's.

I just started building near Warped I think. :D
Also, if you guys see me land, I dropped some supply crates down for anyone to toss stuff in there! :D

I just started building near Warped I think. :D
Also, if you guys see me land, I dropped some supply crates down for anyone to toss stuff in there! :D

I'm out in that general direction too.

One was a failed path to my place, I'll remove it when I next get a chance. And that temple-looking thing is krynn's.

OK then. As you could see from the screenshot the view wasn't pleasant, so it would be nice if you took care of it.

EDIT: Once again (I think that's been said already). Could we agree not to build stuff like single-tile vertical lines, unless it's really temporary? I've seen a few of those, matter of fact I'm standing next to one, which one of the members apparently decided to use as a point of reference for his mine. That doesn't look good. Please either use other points of reference, or reconstruct your pole to make it not stand out like this.

Sorry about the server guys. My computer updated AND rebooted itself when I was sleeping. I didn't even know it could do that. I sleep during the day too, so yeah.

/just woke up
:dozey:

Back