Miscellaneous

So apparently you can't post joking messages in Misc, which is for MISCELLANEOUS POSTS, because Jossi is a gigantic f*ckhead tool. Cool. Just warning you guys don't joke around about anything unless you want an infract keep things serious and businesslike or you will face the wrath of Jossi Rossi.
You can post jokes, but it's also necessary to have some content. This thread isn't a dump, it's an effort to let people talk about goings-on in their lives without having to derail another thread. I'd like for this thread to continue, but I think it's important that it continues with some quality control.

And yeah that means we have to exclude nonsense posts attacking other forum members

I'm super dedicated to my work, but I wish I could say I had the same dedication to myself and my home environment.

I'm such an awful slob and terrible procrastinator. Seems almost impossible to change these things.

So I just got Borderlands 2. Looking forward to playing it since my standby of Magicka has grown very tired for me. Also, I tried reinstalling Alien Swarm and I swear the netcode and loading protocols have gotten even MORE buggy and unreliable. I didn't think it was possible.

So I just got Borderlands 2. Looking forward to playing it since my standby of Magicka has grown very tired for me. Also, I tried reinstalling Alien Swarm and I swear the netcode and loading protocols have gotten even MORE buggy and unreliable. I didn't think it was possible.
wow enjoy your shit game lol nerd did your mom buy it

By the time I got to run Alien Swarm every server was dead. Most I got to play was a short SP game.

Speaking of Aliens I've been playing Colonial Marines and it is terrible. Aliens literally take 3 seconds to react to you in close quarters. They'll run around corners, hide, then continue to wait another 2 seconds when you spotlight them. God awful story. the first 2 missions after the intro are nothing but fighting humans hired by W-Y to cover up some kind of conspiracy on the Sulaco.

Gearbox are idiots.

Man seriously, what's up with all their outsourcing, it makes me uncomfortable that they're not up-front about it. :arms:

FortNite and their new Brothers in Arms thing better be ****ing amazing.

It was actually your mom. Alien Swarm is only really fun with a friend anyway. On public servers no one ever works together, so difficulties above hard are impossible.

I just deleted ten posts. Everyone please stop acting like clowns. Also no one quote this post to talk about the argument that I just deleted to talk about who was right. Just drop it. This thread is not going to last if it's just going to be a source of silly internet drama.

Oh man, I thought we could start our own "Days of our Lives" and I could play Dr. Ramoray.

I guess I didn't want to fall down an elevator shaft anyway.

is this thread about what is going on in people's lives because it starts out that way then the shit hits the fan

anyways, I got a new job that pays a lot more money, better benefits and is for a government agency. the downside is that it's a right downtown toronto so my commute is longer however there is no shortage of really hot women pretty much everywhere I go. also hot women in their early 20's at my work which is a nice distraction from my work. Also the clothes do make the man. I've changed my wardrobe to reflect my new job and people just take me way more seriously. also people come up to me and ask for directions or flirt with me which is kinda nice.

anyways, I got a new job that pays a lot more money, better benefits and is for a government agency. the downside is that it's a right downtown toronto so my commute is longer however there is no shortage of really hot women pretty much everywhere I go. also hot women in their early 20's at my work which is a nice distraction from my work. Also the clothes do make the man. I've changed my wardrobe to reflect my new job and people just take me way more seriously. also people come up to me and ask for directions or flirt with me which is kinda nice.
After 87 years, you've finally become a real man. Congrats!

So if I were to ask for something on my birthday this year, would you get it for me? :)

Man seriously, what's up with all their outsourcing, it makes me uncomfortable that they're not up-front about it. :arms:

FortNite and their new Brothers in Arms thing better be ****ing amazing.
Furious 4 basically looks like a WW2 version of Borderlands and I'm about goddamned sick of Borderlands. I'm glad (or terrified) they're at least making another installment in the real series.
It was actually your mom. Alien Swarm is only really fun with a friend anyway. On public servers no one ever works together, so difficulties above hard are impossible.
Pubs in any game are almost never fun unless you can just steamroll everyone. Team based shit is just not an option.
I just deleted ten posts. Everyone please stop acting like clowns. Also no one quote this post to talk about the argument that I just deleted to talk about who was right. Just drop it. This thread is not going to last if it's just going to be a source of silly internet drama.
I am the beast that I worship
is this thread about what is going on in people's lives because it starts out that way then the shit hits the fan

Did you stop wearing that ridiculous uniform covered in badges and get a better hairstyle?

I see you've dropped the missus then!

I chose not to get a cellphone until university. Never really felt I needed one in high school, got along fine with home homephone, email, ims. When I finally did get a phone, I got a cheap clamshell. All I needed was a phone that was, you know, a phone, and could even text.

My provider called me up a week ago, improved my plan and sent me a new smartphone, not the best model on the market, but a decent model with all the bells and whistles and bleepity boops.

And my god, do I ever feel like a futuristic spaceman. So many buttons...

I don't feel like a futuristic spaceman. All I do is touch glass :(

I didn't feel like a need for a phone for the longest time either.

I finally got a lot of pressure to get one, from Vegeta, and from a coworker. The coworker frequently said I should get a phone so we could text and stuff. But they pretty much never text me... so **** that.

It's good to have though. I can feel more protected when driving on the road in case I break down, I can make calls whenever I need to, and I can browse the web while I'm pooping!

I figure the few times i go out of the house (besides for work), I don't need the internet since I live on it at home. Might as well enjoy the outside and if there's a reason to call, well the phone's a phone.

I figure the few times i go out of the house (besides for work), I don't need the internet since I live on it at home. Might as well enjoy the outside and if there's a reason to call, well the phone's a phone.

What sucks is it's getting to the point now that the only phones made with quality hardware are the smartphones. That's why I got one: it's not made of cheap thermoplastic.

I thought Apple stuff was supposed to be bloody user friendly yet the iTunes website doesn't seem to actually let me search for ****ing anything or list anything other than the current charts. Trying to search just brings me to a thing telling me to download iTunes. No, I don't want to download iTunes. I was in fact checking some things out to help me decide if it was worth my time to download iTunes to buy a few things but, Apple, your annoying bloody website had made me decide not to bother. Well done.

I've heard that they've gotten rid of DRM from the music they sell on iTunes, what about TV shows and Movies? What's the DRM like on those? Is it easily crackable? Also just noticed your sig Eejit. A fantastic scene.

Smartphones are great but I've noticed no one really calls each other anymore. It's always texting, which is fine except for when people expect you to partake in these serious conversations with them that ought not to be said through text. It's hard to take someone seriously when they're trying to convey what they're feeling through words on a screen or silly emoticons, and it's difficult to show your sympathy towards them back. You can't really display emotion, or at least not as well as when you talk. There's no tone of voice, no body language, and what's worse is when you're misunderstood, but that's another story. At least when you call someone they can hear the sorrow or the happiness in your voice, you know?

I both agree and disagree. In a proper medium, the written word is more than adequate to express complex emotions about any particular subject matter. It all depends on how good at expressing themselves through the medium each party is, and how well they themselves know each other. Text limits on a phone I would pretty much agree that really deep conversation is not really feasible. But sending text through e-mail or dedicated messaging program, absolutely you can interact in some deep and expressive discussions. It's just like writing a letter, of which I'm sure nobody can dispute the power.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite of you. I feel I cannot express myself well in person or on the phone using my own voice. If I can type however, I feel there's no limit to what I can do. Where I might stumble over my words using my own tongue, my fingers and mind face no such obstacles.

I'm pretty much the exact opposite of you. I feel I cannot express myself well in person or on the phone using my own voice. If I can type however, I feel there's no limit to what I can do. Where I might stumble over my words using my own tongue, my fingers and mind face no such obstacles.
Yeah, when me and Raz argue we just flip on the capslock and then we both know we're angry.

I often still call people and get called but I prefer to use texting more often because I prefer to get texts myself. When you get a text you can check it and respond at your own pace. A phone call demands an answer right then and their and takes you out of whatever you're doing, which is pretty damn annoying when you're trying to get some work done. I don't go into a rage whenever I get a phonecall but getting four in the space of an hour when I'm doing some work starts to drive me nuts.

Smartphones are great but I've noticed no one really calls each other anymore. It's always texting, which is fine except for when people expect you to partake in these serious conversations with them that ought not to be said through text. It's hard to take someone seriously when they're trying to convey what they're feeling through words on a screen or silly emoticons, and it's difficult to show your sympathy towards them back. You can't really display emotion, or at least not as well as when you talk. There's no tone of voice, no body language, and what's worse is when you're misunderstood, but that's another story. At least when you call someone they can hear the sorrow or the happiness in your voice, you know?

This drives me up a damn wall when I'm trying to figure out where someone is in my city or in a conference and they keep ****ing texting me! Call me, dipshit, it will take literally 30 seconds to convey the information you've spent the last 10 minutes texting me about. What really makes me go apeshit is when I call someone and then 10 seconds later I get a text back. There's no damn reason for it aside from the fact that half my generation seems to have a phobia of just talking on the phone for once.

I prefer texting cause it's easier for me. I hate talking on phones. The slightest noise around me distracts me from what I'm hearing in one ear. Is it a thing to suck at hearing something in one ear if there are even the slightest other noises going on around you that don't even have to be very loud? Cause I have that thing, man. I have that.

I don't like talking on cellphones mainly because the call quality always seems like total ass. I usually only catch like 80% of the sentence they're speaking and need to mentally fill in the gaps. Every cellphone I've used since 2004 has been this way, with both ATT and Verizon. Have no problem when using landlines though.

I wish I could just have a cellphone for data only, no minutes and for a decent price. Then I'd get a landline at home and just text on the go. I could use google voice to have one line for both phones and get the texts on my cell and calls on my house phone without having to use two different numbers.

Also, I'm very tempted to spend $600 on a 2650x1440 monitor. I'm about to get back into 3D modeling a lot more soon, and this single monitor setup is annoying me, but $600 is a lot, but I want to get something good because I hate buying a compromise thing and being disappointed and wishing I spent the extra cash for the perfect thing.

Also, I'm very tempted to spend $600 on a 2650x1440 monitor. I'm about to get back into 3D modeling a lot more soon, and this single monitor setup is annoying me, but $600 is a lot, but I want to get something good because I hate buying a compromise thing and being disappointed and wishing I spent the extra cash for the perfect thing.
You mean those $1000+ 2560x1600s?

Glad to hear you're gonna get back into 3D Modeling again. I didn't know you ever stopped or slowed down, despite your change in professions.

Why not get two monitors instead of a single high resolution one? I'm liking my dual monitors.

You mean those $1000+ 2560x1600s?
Nyope.
Glad to hear you're gonna get back into 3D Modeling again. I didn't know you ever stopped or slowed down, despite your change in professions.
I've slowed down. Havent stopped, but there's been weeks where I havent touched a thing.
Why not get two monitors instead of a single high resolution one? I'm liking my dual monitors.
I already have one, so this would be a second monitor. I'd be using the 2650x1440 along with my 1920x1200.

Oh. But you really think you can justify that much money for a single monitor? If you can, go for it.

I don't think I can justify it... but I still want it.

Turned 21 at midnight last night. I'm probably covered in ticks. My entire body is a canvas of mud and alcohol and cigarette burns. I smell like hickory smoke and death. I need a shower. I'm hungry as hell. It's 9:29AM and I haven't slept in 2 days.

Love you guys L8R

Back