Osama bin Laden is dead

I didn't really find the article all that substantial. It didn't really give any numbers on how many Americans were searching that, not that that would've really been meaningful evidence anyway. Even if you know he's responsible for 911, you may want to look him up more now that he's in the news. And everything Korrn said.

I think he meant especially retarded, you creep.

No, is funny cause girls are hot and fun to sex with! Craaaazy stern!

Funny how thats the way most of the country reacted, yet we're still portrayed as over-reacting assholes by our own media.

That's the job of the media... be as subjective as possible about every event then pretend it's actually objective.

I find your lack of enthusiasm (in the form of exclamation marks) disturbing.

Looks like the white house changed the story again, out of the 4 men in the house 3 were unarmed. When they found Osama he was unarmed in his room but the report says he made a threatening gesture (not sure what that means). So I think it's becoming pretty clear the order was to kill, not capture.

I think if his hands went out of sight, they would have to assume he was reaching for a weapon.

A dead bin Laden was the best option, and for Osama they can bend the rules of engagment.

when it was first announced I heard an interview with an american military spokesperson who said something like the operatives called out Osama's name, Osama denied it was him, the operative said something like "we know who you are" and then shot him twice; once in the chest and once in the head (kill shot). I havent heard this scenario repeated since the first time but some of the details matched the details the whitehouse later released (2 shots, head and chest, unarmed etc)

was this lawful ..idk. it certainly seems so if you take the US' pov; unlawful combatant, threat to national sec etc but that doesnt exonerate them completely. if osama is a war criminal, which admittedly is not a black and white issue, and if he were unarmed and posing no threat the killing was unlawful under the geneva conventions. however I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I'd rather they had done this long ago

I'm with Stern. Even if the killing was an unlawful killing I'm not going to be phased when it comes to Osama Bin Laden, assuming that the shooting WAS technically unlawful and that it WAS a special case scenario to bend the rules.

Looks like the white house changed the story again, out of the 4 men in the house 3 were unarmed. When they found Osama he was unarmed in his room but the report says he made a threatening gesture (not sure what that means). So I think it's becoming pretty clear the order was to kill, not capture.
Threatening gesture?

Makes me think the whole thing played out like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxD7mRs3wo

I think it would have been important to find out precisely what he's guilty of, and also what he's not guilty of.

that would be a sticky situation because under what authority would he be tried? a regular court couldnt try him because evidence would probably be a national security concern. a military tribunal would probably lead to questions of impartiality and since the US doesnt recognise the international criminal court they couldnt go through that route. and they couldnt exactly go through the International Criminal Tribunal either as that would make them beholded to the geneva conventions. it's just easier to put a bullet in his head. evidence be damned

Right, I'm just making sure that because he's the evil boogeyman, it's okay that we've crossed the line of basic justice being waived.

"we" nothing. I'm canadian we respect the rule of law ...most of the time <lights doobie>

Catching Osama will make gas cheaper, in the short term at least. The price of oil has fallen 12 percent in the last three days.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110505/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_bin_laden_rail_threat

As of February 2010, the terror organization was considering tampering with an unspecified U.S. rail track so that a train would fall off the track at a valley or a bridge, according to a Homeland Security intelligence warning sent to law enforcement officials around the country Thursday.

This information appears to be the first widely circulated intelligence pulled from the raid this week on bin Laden's secret compound in Pakistan. After killing the terror leader and four of his associates, Navy SEALs confiscated a treasure trove of computers, DVDs and documents from the home where he had been hiding for six years.

Catching Osama will make gas cheaper, in the short term at least. The price of oil has fallen 12 percent in the last three days.

Well, he's contributing to future oil for the slug people by depositing his organic matter on the bottom of the ocean.

The thing I always found funny about Al Qudea (trust me, they can be funny at times) is that it takes their A-team to come up with the most obvious plots such as that one. Imagine that meeting:

Gee guys...maybe strapping fireworks to propane tanks wasn't such a good idea, lets get the big guns in here. Fireworks on propane tanks didn't work. Bombs in the underpants didn't work. Wait...hold on. I just watched a trailer for the movie Unstoppable. What if there was a way to derail a train? Brilliant!

Seriously, not to sound ****ed up, and I know this sounds ****ed up. But if your sole job is to kill Americans you would think this job wouldn't be all that difficult. Yet Al Queda makes it seem like you need a doctorate to perform such a task. And these are the idiots we started 2 wars over?

Seriously, not to sound ****ed up, and I know this sounds ****ed up. But if your sole job is to kill Americans you would think this job wouldn't be all that difficult. Yet Al Queda makes it seem like you need a doctorate to perform such a task. And these are the idiots we started 2 wars over?

Thats what I've been thinking for ages now. The attacks they pull off are so few and far between given how many chances they've got, they must be composed entirely of imbeciles. Which is pretty much a given considering their ideologies, but its because of them that our country has been driving to the point of insanity out of fear of these idiots. All these freedoms and rights we've given up out of fear don't make us any safer. Honestly, at times, its hard to tell who is the bigger group of idiots. I know its too much to hope for, but god I wish that people would stop being such pussies now that we've killed the symbol of our fear.

Note, the spoiler contains a photoshopped image of a dead man's face. There's no blood or gore, but the dude is dead so it might offend. sorry for not spoilering it before.

tSV2w.png

Am I going to hell? No... no... I think I'm pretty safe on this one. Well, maybe for my photoshopping skills I might... and for my unholy ACTING TALENT!

I am actually a bit disappointed in myself that I chose to do this. Was a bit disturbing photoshopping out real blood.

^ Who's that?

One of Osama's henchmen that died in the raid on the compound. I spoilered it, sorry. There was a lot of blood in the original photo, but it wasn't that disturbing. I was somehow mesmerized by it, which isn't like me.

How much safer has anyone really become since 2001?

Fortunatley most bin laden supporters are illiterate peasants and not likely to show up in the west, they may well end up in Afganistan fighting for the taliban though.

So basically Al-Qaeda is promising new attacks? How original.

yeah alqaeda has not made such big attacks froma long time and how knows if there is followers left

also ironically most of theyr attacks has been in arabian countryes

Was is ever established that the Madrid, Bali and London bombing were by al-queda?

Wait, is it Osama or Usama? I'll start calling my president Barack Ubama if I don't get a straight answer.

Back