Pit bulls to be extinct or destroyed, what's new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double_Blade

Reaction score
Over the years, there are many cannibalism reports from dogs in 20th and 21st century. The most notable cannibalism report in 2005 is the boy being mauled to death by pit bulls. Well, think dogs are not dangerous? Well, think again.

Pit Bulls To Be Destroyed

By John Lyon
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:44 AM CDT

Times Record • [email protected]

A Sebastian County judge on Monday granted a motion by prosecutors for the destruction of an adult female pit bull dog and her six puppies.

At a five-minute hearing in Sebastian County Circuit Court, Prosecuting Attorney Steve Tabor asked Judge James Marschewski to order the dogs destroyed for the protection of the public. The dog’s owners, Dustin McKinney, 22, and Shannon Nicole Selig, 22, told the judge they did not object.

The adult dog has attacked and bitten at least three people, and it was trained by McKinney to be aggressive, Tabor said. He also said witnesses for the state were prepared to testify that the mother’s behavior has likely been imprinted on the puppies, and therefore they are likely to grow up to be aggressive as well.

The puppies are about 6 weeks old, according to information their owners provided to police. Kate Myers, executive director of the Sebastian County Humane Society, said previously that she would estimate the puppies’ age at 8-10 months.

The dogs were placed in the care of the Sebastian County Humane Society after the most recent attack. According to a police report, the adult dog bit Sharon Sicard, 45, of Fort Smith on the left leg on April 8, after getting out of its owners’ yard in the 500 block of North 20th Street by jumping over a small chain-link fence.

Doctors at St. Edward Mercy Medical Center packed Sicard’s wound with gauze and referred her to a plastic surgeon.

The adult dog also bit people on March 10 and Sept. 19, the report states. In one of the incidents, it got out of its yard by jumping over the fence, and in the other incident it pushed open a gate in the fence.

McKinney has been seen training the dog to be aggressive, and he “has responded with hostility to individuals challenging his actions,” Tabor’s motion states.

McKinney and Selig also “made remarks to personnel at the Humane Society that they had trained the dog to be aggressive and made light of that fact,” according to the motion.

Marschewski ordered the dogs to be destroyed “in the most humane way possible.”

McKinney and Selig were on suspended sentences for theft convictions when the most recent attack occurred. Tabor has filed petitions for revocation of their suspended sentences, alleging they committed second-degree battery by means of a deadly weapon. A hearing on the petitions has not yet been held.

McKinney and Selig were represented at Monday’s hearing by Paul Hughes of the Sebastian County Public Defender’s Office

Either good or sad news. Well, for me it is good, because, well, we don't want anymore cannibalism reports from many countries because if there are many reports on that, it really makes me shiver and forces me to grab a revolver.

And to sum it all up, pit bulls must be banned in order to stop cannibalism on people from happening. You may say that Im harsh but hey, you read the news article on the top. Im just worrying for safety sake.

Double_Blade said:
Well, think dogs are not dangerous?

Who the hell thinks this?

And I don't think you quite know what cannibalism is...

Well, hey thanks for asking.

And you know what? I think I can get a better picture of what cannibalism is,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibalism

Eating humans by humans and it means Humans eat each other. But on this one, Im saying that it is Pit Bull attacking people with fangs tearing out their flesh out.

There is another reports about dog attacks,

Monday, June 13, 2005 Posted: 2:43 AM EDT (0643 GMT)

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.

Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs.
She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat.

"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: 'Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."

Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.

Despite her concerns about Rex that day, Faibish told the newspaper: "My kids got along great with (the dogs). We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."
Faibish found her son's body in a bedroom. He was covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury.

No charges have been filed.

"It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."

Ella was shot to death by a police officer the day of the attack.
Rex was taken to a shelter, but Faibish said she wanted him put down.

This is sick.

Double_Blade said:
And to sum it all up, pit bulls must be banned in order to stop cannibalism on people from happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

Therefore, human beings must be banned in order to stop genocide on people from happening.

Oh yeah:
Wikipedia said:
Cannibalism is the act or practice of eating members of one's own species
It should also be noted that the dog's owner trained her to be aggressive.

Sorry for offending people though, but I am just trying to show you guys the news articles well, if you guys are interested. I will be happy to discuss this further.

Anyway,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breed-specific_legislation

Thank God for the Breed Specific Legislation. The legislation must impose even more taxes on buying dogs so people won't even be able to get their hands on them.

Otherwise, there will be many dog killing happening even more and more and the whole city will soon be infested with many dog killers like Resident evil 2 and 3 the Raccoon City was infested with zombies.

And for the article I had shown, the mother was really wicked and vile, she thinks that dogs were her gods and she doesn't even care about her real life human son! Thankfully my mother isn't a witch like her. I hope that mother or Mrs. Fablish locked up with a gang of evil dogs in the future to see if she had learnt her lesson, if she is still alive and with many bite marks around her.

Er...

1. I don't think you've offended anybody. Just mystified them.
2. In this case, the dog was trained specifically by its owner to be aggressive and nasty; in many cases inexperienced people get pitbulls because they want a dog that's big and tough and mean. It's pretty silly to suggest pitbull ownership should be banned just because some people condition their pitbulls to be crazy, or can't look after them properly.

Wikipedia said:
The American Temperament Test Society, Inc. breed statistics as of December 2005 show an 83.5% passing rate for the APBT as compared to an 81.2% overall pass rate for all the different breeds they test, showing that many of these dogs have stable and dependable temperaments.

3. These dog attacks (dog killings? nobody was killed!) are publicised because they're unusual and scary; fear sells. They make a good story. Like many things (eg, 'political correctness' in the UK is not nearly as mad as the media can make it sounds), one-off incidents are emphasised but obviously, no attention is ever drawn to the thousands and thousands of dogs that don't attack people. In this way, the illusion of an epidemic is created, and people like you start thinking that the dogs are going to take over and rule America with an iron fist or something. It's likely that for every pitbull that bites a leg, there will be a hell of a lot that don't. Care to find some statistics?
4. Dogs are not going to infest the cities. Dog attacks are not likely to increase drastically. There is no reason to believe that 'there will be many more dog killing happening' and there is no Pit Bull Conspiracy.
5. You sound crazy. Were you attacked by a dog as a child? I used to be scared of dogs, but now I like 'em.

Mr-Fusion said:
Pit bull vs porcupine
http://thenewts.net/media/albums/images/website/porcupine_dog.jpg
http://animals.timduru.org/dirlist/misc/Porcupine v Pit Bull.jpg

Would many dog breeds be so intent on killing its prey? I mean honestly, what a stupid dog. Kill them for being so stupid.

"It's a shark on a leash" - Billy Connolly.

Yeah. I agree... BSL (Breed Specific Legislation) rules! I hope all dog breeds be banned so that there will be no more dog killers in this world.

Dogs are mean, they always love to kill and bite people. They only love those who worship them.

I hate both dogs and their owners. The owners are dog worshipping cretins, they don't even care about their children just like Mrs.Fablish in the article shown above.

Mrs.Fablish said:
"When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."

This word she said in interview makes me sick and forces me to blow her head with a revolver. She only cares about dogs not human beings like her son. This shows that dogs are hypnotisers and murderers.

Sulkdodds said:
Er...

1. I don't think you've offended anybody. Just mystified them.
2. In this case, the dog was trained specifically by its owner to be aggressive and nasty; in many cases inexperienced people get pitbulls because they want a dog that's big and tough and mean. It's pretty silly to suggest pitbull ownership should be banned just because some people condition their pitbulls to be crazy, or can't look after them properly.

3. These dog attacks (dog killings? nobody was killed!) are publicised because they're unusual and scary; fear sells. They make a good story. Like many things (eg, 'political correctness' in the UK is not nearly as mad as the media can make it sounds), one-off incidents are emphasised but obviously, no attention is ever drawn to the thousands and thousands of dogs that don't attack people. In this way, the illusion of an epidemic is created, and people like you start thinking that the dogs are going to take over and rule America with an iron fist or something. It's likely that for every pitbull that bites a leg, there will be a hell of a lot that don't. Care to find some statistics?
4. Dogs are not going to infest the cities. Dog attacks are not likely to increase drastically. There is no reason to believe that 'there will be many more dog killing happening' and there is no Pit Bull Conspiracy.
5. You sound crazy. Were you attacked by a dog as a child? I used to be scared of dogs, but now I like 'em.

I was attacked by dogs before and my hatred of them grew stronger. I still have the scar on my back and I grew angry with them.

Read the Fablish incident article, the boy was being mauled to death. Well, for me I don't think this is a joke of people being killed. Dogs are murderers.

First, STOP DOUBLE POSTING. There is an edit button; you can change what you've written and add new stuff instead of making lots of posts.
Secondly, you're bonkers. Either that or you're just a troll, since you've completely ignored everything I've said.

Look, you can't just make generalisations about all dogs and all dog owners. You can't just look at three or four incidents and conclude 'all dogs are sick. all dogs are killers. all dog owners are mad dog-worshipping psychos'. You can't. How many people get murdered by people every day? More people kill people than dogs kill people. Does that mean all people are murderers? Do you think all people should just be banned? Have you gone and met every dog owner, and every dog, so that you can support your mad assertions about them? You're seeing a couple of news stories and saying 'dogs are murderers'. Hello, bullshit alert?

I don't own a dog (I'm more of a cat person) but I have known many lovely dog owners and many equally lovely dogs. You cannot, I repeat, cannot just claim all dog owners don't love their children because of one example. There really is something wrong with you if past experience and isolated incidents has convinced you to hate all dog owners so much and to hate all dogs so much you'd rather they were all destroyed. You're going on about dog 'killers' but you want to shoot a lady in the head with a revolver. Nice one.

As an aside, Fablish obviously did care about her son since she told him to stay in the basement. Now obviously that was pretty reprehensible (as is the casual way she discusses his death - 'silly nicky, never does what I tell him'), but still.

Double_Blade said:
I was attacked by dogs before and my hatred of them grew stronger. I still have the scar on my back and I grew angry with them.

Read the Fablish incident article, the boy was being mauled to death. Well, for me I don't think this is a joke of people being killed. Dogs are murderers.
Bullshit. I cannot express in words how deluded you are.

Sorry that I made double postings.

Mrs.Fablish could have locked up the dogs in the basement and left his son at the living room.

She was thinking, "Oh, I shall lock my son in a musty basement jammed with a shovel so that my pit bull and his girlfriend can have a hell of a time", what? Fire up the Jacuzzi and light up the candles so that the dogs can relax?

Nicholas could have survived if he wasn't been locked in the basement. The dogs should be deserved to locked in the basement.

And secondly, Im not a troll, Im just trying to express my frustration against dogs and I still have the dog bite scar on my back.

I hate dogs too, what I hate more however is the dog owners.

I like nice freindly dogs that are well looked after.
However I hate stepping in dog shit, it ruins your day. I hate getting licked and covered in mud by a dog after an owner lets it run around and it goes straight for me....

Double_Blade said:

Cry more, chump.

This is either a horrid gimmick or you are a right idiot.

I can't tell if the OP is a troll or just mentally handicapped. Piss off and cry elsewhere if you don't like dogs, or at least do it with more eloquence.

it was trained by McKinney to be aggressive

What if I had a child and trained it from birth to attack and kill people? In case you haven't noticed, dogs aren't quite as capable of questioning themselves or their actions as people are. And yet it's the DOG that gets destroyed in cases where the owner has deliberately turned it into a menace.

And the puppies get killed too? Wth is that? How are they a danger? More like noone can be arsed to relocate them so it's easier to just dispose of them all in one sitting.

I swear there is no other animal (excluding extinct species...) whose development has been so informed - or deformed - by co-existence with and domestication by humans. Dogs can be highly intelligent, loyal, conscientious, even compassionate creatures, yet people will still fanny about casually saying 'lol hate dogs' and then turn around and go 'AWWWWW' at a picture of a kitten in a sock. You image-obsessed furry-rapist fans are the type of people who contributed to the rise of Hitler! DISCLAIMER: Possibly.

Sick of people. Dog haters FTmfL.

Pitbull are more dangerouse then other dog's. We do not allow people to keep bears because they can be so dangerouse, we do not allow them to be kept as pets. The same can go for pitbulls as far as I am conserned. But the thing is, it would suffice IMO to just make the owners let the pitbull follow special lessons to not be aggressive. What I mean by that is that pitbulls are by nature very territorial, and more agressive.

So even dog that have not been trained specifically to be agressive can be so against strangers. I have experieced that myself when visiting my nice. So anyone who has a pitbull should be forbidden in training them agressivle, and for like the first years of it's life they should also make them train the dogs to be milder, and constantly bring them to public places so they are less afraid of starngers.

But then again, lets be honest people breed pitbulls for their agressivness, they breed because they want a lean mean killing machine.

Lol Double Blade is so miss informed. Dogs are not murderers, they are very friendly.

Pitbulls are indeed bred for their strength and aggression, like quite a few other breeds of dog, but there again you have breeders to blame for that. It's not like you can't raise a pitbull to be gentle; I knew such a dog myself. As such it's a horrible waste to propose that you wipe out a whole breed because they came about due to the machismo of a few human chumps.

I might be reaching a bit - probably not though... - but I think a large part of the reason you see pitbulls appearing a lot in these stories is because the type of person who is attracted by the image of a pitbull unfortunately often makes the worst type of dog owner.

Laivasse said:
I think a large part of the reason you see pitbulls appearing a lot in these stories is because the type of person who is attracted by the image of a pitbull unfortunately often makes the worst type of dog owner.
Aye, seems very likely.

I'd like to see the problem of shit dog owners causing problems dealt with.

Cannibalism is the eating of other species?

Wow, i'm a cannibal! I'm going to tell everybody.

Also... pit bulls will never be extinct. However, there are some cities banning them because people keep breeding them for fighting.

Grey Fox said:
Pitbull are more dangerouse then other dog's. We do not allow people to keep bears because they can be so dangerouse
It isn't illegal to have a bear.

ríomhaire said:
How do circuses get them?

Those groups are DIFFERENT than your average joe bob citizen. They have licenses and permits.

The idea of specific dog species going extinct is not very unusual. It has been happening for centuries due to the unusual relationship we have with dogs and our selective breeding desires for them. Many dog species that existed centuries ago are now totally extinct today. Mind you there were no conscious efforts to make past dog species extinct that I know of, it happened more or less naturally due to selective breeding (if you call that natural).

I thought circii weren't allowed to have any animals at all in them?

depending where you are ..in parts of canada there's a complete ban (usually in large cities) ..while in others there's no regulations at all

theSteven should realy put his "let's ban hydrogen" image here.

its all on how you raise them
my friend has 3 of them, thinks they look pretty, and have yet to bite or be agressive to a singal person. hell my mothers dashhound has bit more people or started more fights with dogs than those pitbulls have.

ríomhaire said:
It isn't illegal to have a bear.
Well thats just my point, they are illegal to have cause they can be so dangerouse, and I could understand if the same happend to pitbulls.

Double_Blade said:
Over the years, there are many cannibalism reports from dogs in 20th and 21st century. The most notable cannibalism report in 2005 is the boy being mauled to death by pit bulls. Well, think dogs are not dangerous? Well, think again.

Either good or sad news. Well, for me it is good, because, well, we don't want anymore cannibalism reports from many countries because if there are many reports on that, it really makes me shiver and forces me to grab a revolver.

And to sum it all up, pit bulls must be banned in order to stop cannibalism on people from happening. You may say that Im harsh but hey, you read the news article on the top. Im just worrying for safety sake.

It's people like you that make them attack. Being tortured and being treated like shit would make you want to attack too. :|

The violence can be bred out of them in short time... if only people would stop breeding them for violence.

Bulldogs are no longer a violent species... the same can be done to pit bulls.

Grey Fox said:
Well thats just my point, they are illegal to have cause they can be so dangerouse, and I could understand if the same happend to pitbulls.

it has nothing to do with the fact that a bear is a wild animal and dogs are domesticated? nooooo that couldnt be it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back