Post a screenshot!

And then from others you forget the game's built on an engine only a decade old.

They obviously use a decade old engine to make it feel closer to the originals!

Let's face it, the textures on the character could be from Morrowind.

hp18.jpg

hp23.jpg

hp14.jpg

As if it wasn't obvious enough, you can check the file names.

It was pretty obvious, I just wanted to make sure. Is it worth buying? I wanted to get it a while ago, but wasn't sure if it was worth $60.

It's fun. Definitely different than first person games that I'm used to. I also like the art direction a lot, although the over exposed look can be hard on the eyes at times.

I look at this game then look at other FPS games where you can't even jump (yes I'm looking at you Condemned).

We need more of that beautiful sunny, colorful graphics in videogames.

Mirror's Edge is a great game, replay it all the time. Like 10 minutes ago.

Yeah, Mirrors Edge is an underrated classic. Shame no ****er bought it.

Yeah, Mirrors Edge is an underrated classic. Shame no ****er bought it.

Indeed so, most indeededly.

Mirror's Edge was probably GOTY for me when I got it. I even bought it twice.

I bought it, replayed it twice, greatly enjoyed it.

Still own it by the way, on the XB360.

Indeed so, most indeededly.

Mirror's Edge was probably GOTY for me when I got it. I even bought it twice.

Same, bought it on EA Store and got the physical copy when it came down in price. Did that with Dead Space as well.

Mirrors Edge is one of the most frustrating/stressing games I've ever played, being followed and the fights are no fun at all.

Well, I like it. *arms*

The only thing that's really frustrating is climbing somewhere high up, missing a jump, then having to climb up again and again untill you get it right. UGHH

Well, I like it. *arms*

The only thing that's really frustrating is climbing somewhere high up, missing a jump, then having to climb up again and again untill you get it right. UGHH
Welcome to video games, circa 1980

It was pretty obvious, I just wanted to make sure. Is it worth buying? I wanted to get it a while ago, but wasn't sure if it was worth $60.

It's not. Wait for christmas sales on Steam, it'll probably go down again. Snatched it for like $5 last year.

I really liked Mirrors Edge, but orange/green areas were very difficult to navigate for me. Also some very frustrating jumps, but when strung together was hugely satisfying.

The only thing I ask for is new levels. Unless things change dramatically in any sequels, I'm never using runner vision again (red objects).

Do the crashes dynamically deform the vehicles like in Burnout: Paradise?

Do the crashes dynamically deform the vehicles like in Burnout: Paradise?

I haven't played, but the review I read says no. At a guess, it's probably a licensing issue. Manufacturers don't like seeing their cars get messed up too bad, and Burnout is all fictional.

Console version :(

The joke was that there are no quick saves in either the PC or Console version of the game. To me this should be a standard feature in every game, but noooo CHECKPOINTS ARE ENOUGH GUYZ!!11

I haven't played, but the review I read says no. At a guess, it's probably a licensing issue. Manufacturers don't like seeing their cars get messed up too bad, and Burnout is all fictional.
Oh, you are most likely right, I wasn't aware it used licensed cars.

But even Forza had car damage.. somewhat. And it had licensed cars.

This has car damage, they just don't go into a car compactor when they hit a wall like in Burnout. :)

Edit: Also I'm not sure what you mean by "even" Forza. Licensing this stuff seems to be largely a matter of cash, and... well, Forza is published by M$. :p

Yes, Hot Pursuit has car damage, quite a good bit too, just not as massive as Burnout's wrecks were. As Badhat said, it was all due to licensing issues. The damage level is a nice medium between Forza damage and Burnout damage though (IE - Your car can flip, glass shatters, bumpers fall off either all the way or half way).

Ridge, I figured out the wreck thing during my first real race. Slammed into a pickup in the oncoming lane, and then another Porsche hit me, sending my car 5 feet into the air and off a cliff. Took a screen of it, just wish there was a way to upload it off xbox and onto the NFS site (Like Forza has).

Back