Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost Rider was a fun popcorn flick, I'd probably give it a 6.7/10.

Rush Hour 3 6/10...
Meh, it was way too slow for a Rush Hour movie and it just wasn't as funny as the first two.
But the Eiffel tower fight was awesome.

John Rambo (aka rambo 4)

8/10 overall.
9/10 if rating from a sole action movie perspective.

awesome movie probably the best of the series...ok...maybe second best.

John Rambo (aka rambo 4)

8/10 overall.
9/10 if rating from a sole action movie perspective.

awesome movie probably the best of the series...ok...maybe second best.

The first was the only good movie in the series. It was an actual serious movie about veterans reintegrating into civilian life based on a book by the same name (Rambo was supposed to die in the original story). The total body count was only 3 or 4. The rest turned the series into cheap thrills.

Snatch - 8.6/10

Well acted, great camera techniques and a great watch.

Be sure to watch the DVD with Brad Pitt's subtitles on: even they don't know what he's saying.

Ghost Rider was a fun popcorn flick, I'd probably give it a 6.7/10.

I actually thought it was pretty good, up until he actually became Ghost Rider. Then it became M-M-M-MONSTER LAME

Drillbit Taylor - 6.5/10

It's outlandish, exaggerated and retarded, but in a really entertaining way. I lol'd many times.

Rescue Dawn - 8.4/10...

Christian Bale never ceases to amaze, fantastic Vietnam movie about a pilot shot down over nam.

Wayne's World 1 - 10/10
Wayne's World 2 - 10/10

I love these movies, especially in the first one - he starts playing the guitar, then the guy stops him, points to the sign 'NO STAIRWAY'. Hilarious.

Wayne's World 1 - 10/10
Wayne's World 2 - 10/10

I love these movies, especially in the first one - he starts playing the guitar, then the guy stops him, points to the sign 'NO STAIRWAY'. Hilarious.

What about the bit were he orders the food at the drive thru;
I'de like erm, 2 ch..... and a couple of f.... then i'de like 3 h...
Then the person on the other side of the speakerbox thing says it all out propley. That makes me giggle everytime :afro:

I would put Ghost Rider down there with Daredevil and Electra as the shittiest movies ever./QUOTE]

Agreed 100%

Why is everyone taking it so badly that I gave Ghost Rider a very high rating? What's it to you if someone gives a film a high rating? I don't see anyone else on here getting criticised if they give films low ratings. Why is it always me who gets picked on for posting MY OWN OPINION??? I'm getting ****ing sick of it and I want it to stop. NOW. :frown:

Because there is a thing as a wrong opinion, in my opinion.

The scene from the first Waynes World with Bohemian Rhapsody can be used as a test to see if someone has a soul. If they don't laugh, they don't have one.

Because there is a thing as a wrong opinion, in my opinion.

WTF!!!! I don't know how the hell you can say that but...God, you make me lol!!!:LOL: This is just so ridiculous it's funny!

Snatch - 8.6/10

Well acted, great camera techniques and a great watch.

Be sure to watch the DVD with Brad Pitt's subtitles on: even they don't know what he's saying.

while watching If you properly listen to their dialog's and if it's sound like "whada what" in this flick, be prepare to change with "what the ****?" ;)

Snatch : 7/10

Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
-10/10 if you can grade a movie that low?

Justice league the New Frontier 8/10

picked it up for my son ..a little too violent for him (batman breaks arm, korean gets shot in face ("look daddy he shot him in the face"), various monsters get torn apart)

it was well written for a superhero cartoon (based on comic series) although they seem to be rewritting DC history as if it were Marvel ..hell even the art work was at times reminiscent of Jack Kirby ..this is what DC should have been like in the 60's instead of the corny shit they had up until late 70's early 80's

"daddy why does wonder woman have red stuff all over her face ..and why is her jet covered in red stuff?"

"..umm that's paint"

"but why is she hurt"

"maybe she fell off the ladder while she was painting"

^- true story

In Bruges 7/10
Decent film. A bit of action and quite funny. Not the greatest film of the past few years but I enjoyed it a good bit.

Horton Hears a Who 6/10
Quite a funny film, though, as with many other films, the humour and the plot get in the way of each other and the jokes stop in the last twenty minutes or so so that the plot may be resolved.

Superbad - made me laugh
Resident Evil Extinction - bad movie great ending
American Gangster - nice but nothing special imo

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb 9/10 - Peter Sellers is legend.

Shoot 'Em Up - 10/10. Beautiful casting, extremly corny one-liners and shiteloads of action. This movie is exactly what the title describes it to be, and it lives up to it perfectly. Very highly recommended.

Be Kind Rewind 7.5/10
Really good, the sweded videos are obviously the best and funniest part of the film, but overall its just a great comedy about films and filmmaking. With some really clever incamera work (what Gondry does best, really)

He Was A Quiet Man - 8/10

Pretty entertaining, like a super-dark Office Space almost, but about Milton. Christian Slater plays a role that's almost completely unlike him in every way... and he does it excellently. I didn't even really notice it was Slater until close to the end of the movie when I realized it was him :D

The girl who leapt through time 10/10

Oh my sweet ****ing GOD!! Why have I not seen this earlier? This was simply amazing and I can't stop crying at the ending ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

First two Matrix films in 720p-resolution on a projector:
The Matrix - 8/10. Still pretty damn good.
The Matrix Reloaded - 7.5/10. Leaves a bit too many questions unanswered, leaving me a bit too confused :|

There Will Be Blood: Unknown/10

I can guarantee that I'll give this movie a high score, but its going to take at least another watch or two to figure out how high.

Michael Clayton - 7/10

I can't say I understand a lot of the rave reviews. It's fine enough and everybody plays their parts well. But not a lot happens and I was waiting for something profound to bleed through the plot.

Michael Clayton - 7/10

I can't say I understand a lot of the rave reviews. It's fine enough and everybody plays their parts well. But not a lot happens and I was waiting for something profound to bleed through the plot.

You're missing the whole point. It's about the characters, more than the events. You go to a movie with a very particular expectation and you are guaranteed to be disappointed. It's like going to an art gallery and running through the building looking for a painting of a battle and then decrying the exhibit when you don't find it. You've got to take art for what it is to appreciate it.

Into the Wild - 9/10...

Instant classic, an incredibly powerful film.

I Am Legend - 7.8/10...

Great, but it gets really preachy and cheesy in quite a few spots.

Balls of Fury - shit/10

I seriously laughed (only a little chuckle, too. Not full blown laughter) only 3 times. This movie is terrible.. Normally movies have a little bit of merit for SOMETHING, and I like them a little for whatever they've got, but EVERYTHING in this movie seemed rushed.. It was just shit

what the hell, it said I couldn't post, so I tried again, and it made me post twice.. Disregard this post..

You're missing the whole point. It's about the characters, more than the events. You go to a movie with a very particular expectation and you are guaranteed to be disappointed. It's like going to an art gallery and running through the building looking for a painting of a battle and then decrying the exhibit when you don't find it. You've got to take art for what it is to appreciate it.

I entered the film with no expectations, although I generated a few along the way. And I don't even see what was so brilliant about the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back