Rate the last movie you watched (DON'T POST SPOILERS Y' EEJITS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We Own The Night - 7/10...

Pretty decent although it was a little slow.

Rec - 7/10

Too much talking for the first half of the film IMHO but overall it was pretty good.

Also, it would've probably be significantly more intense watched in a cinema not on a notebook.

EDIT: Heh, looks like the Americans are doing a remake already, by the name "Quarantine".

really? Did we see the same movie or is there another We Own the Night?

It's actually a remake of an older movie that came out years ago. :p

But I'm talking about the remake, I enjoyed it.

Evil Dead - 9/10. cheese
Evil Dead II - 9.5/10. Cheesier ummmm
Army of Darkness -8/10. Ok a bit too much cheese but still filling.

The Big Lebowski - 10/10

Watched this for the first time... I always knew my older brother loved it, so I finally saw it and wow, I can see why. That was both ****ing hilarious, a great story, and just overall damn enjoyable. Loved every bit.

Clone Wars Vol. 1 & 2 - 9/10...

Glad I finally got around to catching up with these, awesome.

Revenge of the Sith - 9/10...

Still damn great even if Anakin's transition feels really rushed.

The godfather 10/10 best film ever :D

5 cm per second 9/10 I can't stop crying ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(

Admittedly I was dissappointed with the lack of closure concerning the main characters but I'm sure that was intentional. I can't *sniffles* stop crying ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(

ALL STAR WARS (Episodes 1-6) - 9/10

They played the newest (but oldest through storyline) last fri/sat/sun and played the oldest (but newest through storyline) this fri/sat/sun, and they are all the first time I've ever seen a whole Star Wars movie (I know, I know, but I've seen bits and pieces of them alot of times), and I watched them all in chronological order, and I must say they are all very good movies.

Saw Clerks II last night. Very funny. Haha. 8/10

Bubba Ho-tep - 8/10

Elvis Presley and black JFK save the nursing home from a soul sucking mummy. What's there not to like?
Also not at all what I thought it would be. It's funny, but surprisingly moving at points too.

how violent is it? is it appropriate for younger audiences? my son is starting to get into star wars (lego star wars)

There's just a lot of action and stuff, if you've ever watched Samurai Jack the art style is just like that.

You see droids get blown apart mostly, all the violence is as violent as a Star Wars battle scene really.

I couldn't really judge, although my 12 year old nephew loved it... How old is your son? If you think he can handle cartoon explosions and stuff, feel free to let him watch it.

Knocked Up - This movie is much better the second time watching it, just like Superbad.

There's just a lot of action and stuff, if you've ever watched Samurai Jack the art style is just like that.

You see droids get blown apart mostly, all the violence is as violent as a Star Wars battle scene really.

I couldn't really judge, although my 12 year old nephew loved it... How old is your son? If you think he can handle cartoon explosions and stuff, feel free to let him watch it.

he's 4 ..we've been watching Justice League, loves it ..kind of scared of The Batman

oh and does clone wars have any of the more popular SW characters? I've seen it a few times years ago but cant remember anything besides c3po/r2d2

he's 4 ..we've been watching Justice League, loves it ..kind of scared of The Batman

oh and does clone wars have any of the more popular SW characters? I've seen it a few times years ago but cant remember anything besides c3po/r2d2

It has everyone from Episode 1, 2 and 3.

And if he can handle watching Justice League then he should be able to watch Clone Wars no problem, even though it has a considerably larger amount of action... and some of the creatures could probably scare him a little.

You should probably watch it yourself first... if you look around youtube you can find some episodes.

The Lost Highway - 9/10

I watched this late at night and it seemed really ****ing good. The whole movie follows a psychological fugue like the movie Jacob's Ladder since

Everything happening in the film after Fred is executed in the electric chair is simply what's going through his head as he dies, which is highlighted by him having a violent seizure like in the beginning.

Which I thought was really ****ing cool. Also, Trent Reznor wrote a song just for the final scene of this movie called Driver Down which kicks ass.

I recently watched through Volume 1 and 2 of The Clone Wars and absolutely loved it.

how violent is it? is it appropriate for younger audiences? my son is starting to get into star wars (lego star wars)

How old is your son?? I've let my little brother into Star Wars ever since I can remember tbh, and thats the same way it was with me.

Anyways, The Mist, very good for a recent sci-fi/horror movie, and very Half-Life-ish. 7.5/10

Leatherheads 7/10

Good movie, nothing particularly memorable about it. Great lighting and post production. Excellent sets. Fun story. Not very deep at all. Some slapstick humour in the style of the 20s. George Clooney is George Clooney.

It has everyone from Episode 1, 2 and 3.

And if he can handle watching Justice League then he should be able to watch Clone Wars no problem, even though it has a considerably larger amount of action... and some of the creatures could probably scare him a little.

You should probably watch it yourself first... if you look around youtube you can find some episodes.

watched an episode last night ..might be a little scary ..the sith guy in particular ..he's at the point where the original Scooby-doo scares him at times ..so I'll wait a little before letting him watch clone wars ...the episode I watch ed last night was pretty cool, much better than the movies (although I've only seen bits and pieces of SW pe 2.3) ...not sure if I like the art direction of Clone Wars ..keep thinking it's going to be a comedy, it's a little light hearted for the subject matter

Syriana or however it's spelled

I wated at the story but then I sort of fell into it.

Was my first Blu-Ray on my HDTV.

Semi-Pro 7/10 - Had some good laughs, but it was too short, and I expected more.

No country for old men - 9/WTF

It was nice, fast paced, really good at holding your attention, but wtf.

When it reached that point, I remembered hearing that the ending was messed. Considering how long the film had been running, I said to myself "I bet they're gonna end the movie here and throw the audience the **** off".

And sure enough, not ten seconds later, the screen went black and a low confused murmur began to settle across the crowd.

No country for old men - 9/WTF

It was nice, fast paced, really good at holding your attention, but wtf.

I watched the movie twice and solved atleast 10 confused folks regarding the ending.

Wikipedia for wtf?

Cormac McCarthy likes to do alot of stuff about finding God in mankinds violent nature. Its kind of his thing. So with that in mind, the ending should be easier to comprehend.

Hard Candy 5/10

One big long tease of a movie with no payoff. Morally ambiguous too.

He was a Quiet Man: 9/10

Watch this if you havent already.

I saw that recently, pretty interesting movie. I give it a 7/10 though.

Idunno, I like movies that feature psychos. Roman was another sweet movie with a psycho as the main character.

Definitely not.

Before The Devil Knows You're Dead: 6/10

Was alright. The style of story telling it had has been done before, and better. The story isnt terrible, but nothing special. Character development was pretty bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back