Record a Police Officer in Illinois, Get 15 Years in Prison

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
What about when police have a recording device in their car?

they'll erase the parts where they beat up the suspect like they usually do

Well, I'll have to keep this in mind.

I was at a show recently where a friend was kicked out because he was physically pushed into the VIP area of the venue. Security took him out through the doors and handed him off to the cops. At this point I was recording the entire thing with my cell phone because security was being pretty damn rough with the him (i.e. dragging him through the over-capacity venue). If he got hurt, I was thinking he potentially might be able to use my recording for a lawsuit (if there needed to be one). As soon as he was handed over to the cops, they noticed me with my phone out and told me shut it off. I don't mind giving security guards shit, but denying a cop's request is a whole different thing. I politely put my phone away and turned back into the venue.

(btw, my friend explained his story and the cops believed him or figured it was just a waste of time to charge him with anything. They let him go, but he was unable to return inside).

Well, I'll have to keep this in mind.

I was at a show recently where a friend was kicked out because he was physically pushed into the VIP area of the venue. Security took him out through the doors and handed him off to the cops. At this point I was recording the entire thing with my cell phone because security was being pretty damn rough with the him (i.e. dragging him through the over-capacity venue). If he got hurt, I was thinking he potentially might be able to use my recording for a lawsuit (if there needed to be one). As soon as he was handed over to the cops, they noticed me with my phone out and told me shut it off. I don't mind giving security guards shit, but denying a cop's request is a whole different thing. I politely put my phone away and turned back into the venue.

(btw, my friend explained his story and the cops believed him or figured it was just a waste of time to charge him with anything. They let him go, but he was unable to return inside).

Well according to Stern you should have stayed there to witness the part where they ruthlessly beat him.

Police State shit right there. This should not be allowed.

eavesdropping laws that make it a crime to record a conversation without the consent of all parties involved.

So, I guess good-bye CCTVs?

looks like its time to join Civil Protection I mean the COPS!

I'm increasingly frustrated. America is supposed to be a democratic society where the power and authority of government is granted by the will of the people. Then things like this happen where it looks like this is no longer the case. I then resolve that we should act to return more of our rightful power back to the people.

However, I then read an article about the Loughner's trial and in the comments people are complaining that they don't need a trail and they should just execute him. I am then reminded why we don't have a direct democracy and I wonder if the people are capable of wisely using more power.

*sigh* I can't win.

The only solution I can see is the revival of an unofficial "Natural Aristocracy" (thomas jefferson and the other founding fathers were fans of that idea)

Hell, I'd erase the parts where I beat up the suspect if I was a cop (and I beat up the suspect).

so would I my friend, so would I. I mean if you cant get away with a little suspect beating every now and again what's the use of being a cop?

and what if a police officer use his recording camera in the car ti fine someone and the person dont want to get filmed? cops goes to jail?

Back