Secret Santa Discussion 2011

I dont know about you but I would like that people post about what they will be planning to buy,cuz I worry I may end up buying something soon and them find out my secret santa has already bought it
so I prefer to wait til the day before the deadline to buy the gift

or maybe we all made a pact of no buying anything that is in our wishlist but that may be dumb and maybe the holyday sales will be over before deadline

First gift purchased! Lets just hope my recipient doesn't buy it in the sale themselves! xD

By the way, I won't be buying anything off of my wishlist, just in case my secret santa wants to.

Yeah, i made my wish list saying i wouldn't buy anything on it

I'm not buying anything in the sales, as hard as it is :<

Well, not for myself...

Yeah it's going to be hard not to buy for myself, but then I save money, get a nice surprise from secret Santa and I have a ton of other games to play so it gives me chance to play those.

I'm getting all excited! :D

Is there any way of seeing past deals? I have one game in mind but i may have missed the daily deal already.

Is there any way of seeing past deals? I have one game in mind but i may have missed the daily deal already.

Day 2

Double Fine Pack [steampowered.com] - $5.74
Modern Warfare 2 [steampowered.com] (DLC discounted as well) - $14.99
Dungeons of Dredmor [steampowered.com] - $1.24
Tropico 4: Steam Edition [steampowered.com] - $13.59
Witcher Series [steampowered.com] - 40% (2) and 75% (1)
Half-life Complete [steampowered.com] - $9.99
Theatre of War [steampowered.com]- 75%
Lego Batman [steampowered.com] - $4.99
Duke Nukem Forever [steampowered.com] - $4.99
Sacred Series [steampowered.com] - 50%
Costume Quest [steampowered.com]- $3.74
Red Orchestra 2 [steampowered.com]- $19.99
Carpe Fulgur Games [steampowered.com] (Recetter and Chantelis) - 75%
Psychonauts [steampowered.com] - $2.49

Day 1
Pendulo Adventure Pack [steampowered.com] - $12.49
Bunch of Heroes [steampowered.com] - $2.49
Singularity [steampowered.com] - $7.49
Sam and Max [steampowered.com] - 75% off series
Fable III [steampowered.com]- $12.49
Just Cause 2 [steampowered.com] (DLC is also discounted) - $4.99
Rift [steampowered.com] - $7.49
Metro 2033 [steampowered.com] - $4.99
Max Payne [steampowered.com] - 75% off
Portal [steampowered.com] - $2.49
Portal 2 [steampowered.com] - $7.49
Orcs Must Die [steampowered.com] - $3.74
Amnesia [steampowered.com]- $4.99

copypasta

To those that are scared their SS might buy them something that they bought themselves, I submit that you PM Sliver on Steam or the Forums and say, "can you tell my SS that I bought <insert sexy game here>?" I'm sure he'd be more than willing to do that for us, and plus, it makes complete sense. It saves us money and actually helps us since we don't have to worry if the person we have for an SS is buying games or not.

I suppose I could pass along message, but keep in mind that purchases have already been made by people and sent to me..purchasing a game on your wishlist could very much be the same game and you will have RUINED CHRISTMAS.

If anything, I suggest buying the game as a gift to yourself and not opening it until you get your Secret gifts. If you end up having an extra that way you can trade your copy.

I suppose I could pass along message, but keep in mind that purchases have already been made by people and sent to me..purchasing a game on your wishlist could very much be the same game and you will have RUINED CHRISTMAS.

I just bought every game on my wishlist just to be sure that I ruin Christmas.

I didn't actually buy anything

I just bought every game on my wishlist just to be sure that I ruin Christmas.

I didn't actually buy anything
0JHli.jpg
FTFY.

When is the deadline for sending your gift? I would like to know how many more days I can wait for games to get a daily deal.

When is the deadline for sending your gift? I would like to know how many more days I can wait for games to get a daily deal.

29th, check your secret details message.

Mine's sent.

I still didn't get any message. What up dudes?

EDIT Nevermind, got it. I guess I missed the forum notification. Gift sent.

I already bought rock of ages so my secret santa knows

Sent, hope my SS (or KK, but both sound like an evil dictator's elite group) enjoys it. Might buy it myself and then play a few rounds with him, if the lag isn't that bad...

Still holding out for tomorrow's deals. I'm surprised the game I'm waiting for still hasn't been on a daily deal. Hoping to be able to do two items, but its good enough on its own too I suppose. Oh well, we'll see tomorrow.

I got really lucky and two games my SS wanted went on the daily deal the first day. Shopping was real quick for me.

Still waiting on daily deals. When's the deadline?

29th I believe. I bought the game(s) and sent them to Sliver! Should be fun.

Oh shit that's tomorrow. Must finish up in the morning then.

Sended. I'ma be pissed if it goes on sale tomorrow.

I'll buy the last item I plan on buying tomorrow, I know it won't go on sale (not a big enough game to). Looking forward to the presents being sent out and hearing some reactions now! :D

Sent, hope my SS (or KK, but both sound like an evil dictator's elite group) enjoys it. Might buy it myself and then play a few rounds with him, if the lag isn't that bad...

.... KGB Kringle? Where are these Ks coming from

Also sent.

I doubt my santa shelled out for SotS2 when it wasn't on sale so I'm just going to go ahead and buy that. I can't help myself.

Maybe Kovert Kringle, but that gives it an unwanted KKK / Mortal Kombat / Krusty the Clown vibe.

Now I have a mental image of Santa in a weird red and white digital camouflage, zip-lining into chimneys, just to deliver presents...

HEY SILVER SAID THERE'S ONLY 1 PERSON LEFT TO GIVE THE GIFTS TO HIM. HURRY UP MOTHER ****ER.

Well my gifts are sent... I might have been the last person though, heh.

Back