This proves we are stupid, and numb as a nation..

JaegerMaster

Reaction score
We re-elect Bush, My god, we get what we deserve!!!! Kerry wasn't much better as I agree, but, Bush has done more damage in 4 years than all presidents before him... God help us... Oh, and if you think there isn't gonna be a draft! then you're really stupid. we're going to Iran....LoL We aint goin to N. Korea, cause China is behind them, lucky us huh? But we are goin to Iran, and there will be a draft... Hope enough of you eligible for the draft voted...LoL

It's a sad day for the world. But we never know, it's not over yet. Let's just hope for the best.

Christ, I'm really sick of this draft bullshit rumor. You do realize Bush didn't bring that up, right? In fact, it was brought up by a democratic senator I believe (I don't remember where he's from), and it was quickly squashed.

Don't misinterpret this as my support for Bush. I think both Kerry and Bush are losers, and didn't vote for either.

JaegerMaster said:
Oh, and if you think there isn't gonna be a draft! then you're really stupid...... and there will be a draft... Hope enough of you eligible for the draft voted...LoL

dude.... they have had Selective Service people go on the news and radio stations and say "THERE WILL BE NO DRAFT" .... can they make it any clearer for you? Oh wait, they can!!! ... just check their website ==> http://www.sss.gov/ ..... ITS ON THE F--KING FRONT PAGE ::

Both President George W. Bush and Senator John F. Kerry have stated for the record that they oppose a draft. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld also has opposed the draft on numerous occasions.

source - http://www.sss.gov/

god damn ignorant people :hmph:

A sad day for america if bush really wins

I really don't support kerry since he hasn't given any solid plans either, but i have more faith in him since he hasn't been saying "i am a vessel for god's word", our president - george w. bush

So now we can just all wait for the next terrorist attack (although its funny how the adminstration CLAIMS we are much safter, but screams about terrorist attacks immenent and not a matter of if, but when.... oh the irony...) , patriot act II and victory act, and fear+control over the american people, and invasions of other soverign nations. Now flame away and tell me what you heard on fox news and the other propaganda squak boxes, or how our messiah like president is the only one that stands in the way of terrorists :flame:

hmm.. Bush winning? HL2?
i don't see the connection.. someone wanna help me here? :p
btw, for those who don't know, we do have an off topic section which is flooded with threads talking about Bush.

I foresee a large rush of young people coming to Canada and Marrying people for Canadian citizenship. You guys can't just run here like during Vietnam (Bush made shure of that this time)

It's only obvious, which is why anyone would bring it up...DUH It's gonna happen....... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you... ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!... We're goin to Iran whther you want to believe it or not, and we don't have the personell to handle it without a draft while we're still in Iraq, and afghanistan,.... As Americans, we are gonna get what we deserve! I can't believe how stupid the majority of the US is, but I dont wanna hear the crying, I will slap the face of anyone who voted for Bush, and is whining about our state of emergency.... I personally can't wait to see it now...

If you believe there is going to be a draft, kill yourself, because you are too stupid to be a part of this world.

on a side note : why the hell did you post this in the "Half-Life 2 Discussion" forum? there is a whole Off-Topic section for stuff like this

It's only obvious, which is why anyone would bring it up...DUH It's gonna happen....... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you... ITS GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!... We're goin to Iran whther you want to believe it or not, and we don't have the personell to handle it without a draft while we're still in Iraq, and afghanistan,.... As Americans, we are gonna get what we deserve! I can't believe how stupid the majority of the US is, but I dont wanna hear the crying, I will slap the face of anyone who voted for Bush, and is whining about our state of emergency.... I personally can't wait to see it now...

Yes it will happen,after the next terrorist attack we're already being conditioned to accept is going to happen so will promptly fall in line when it happens. Also atthe rate bush says he is going to " " liberate " " countries we will need to draft everybody in the united states!

Like you should really believe what the president and his administration says anymore.

I have this bad feeling, the youth 18 years or so, are gonna regret not waiting in line to vote, they're gonna be the ones to lay this burden on... I was smart enough to know who was crooked, and who wasn't when I was 18, so, I have no sympathy, get ready for many kids to die!!!

Is anyone who finally realizes this gonna come here and say, "Oh shit, he's right"!, No, that kind of integrity no longer flows in America...

John Kerry was going to bring back slavery.

I heard it, and it must be true.

I can not do but agree with the fact that 50% of the US is stupid.
Damn hillbillies.

This just proves that just over 50% of Americans (well voting americans) are morons. If you can't see that Bush is full of shit there has to be something wrong with you. Enough said.

draft rumor or not, i planned on joining the marines any ways. should be interesting to see what the hell happens now that bush has another 4 years.

"dude.... they have had Selective Service people go on the news and radio stations and say "THERE WILL BE NO DRAFT" .... can they make it any clearer for you? Oh wait, they can!!! ... just check their website ==> http://www.sss.gov/ ..... ITS ON THE F--KING FRONT PAGE ::

I really laugh at this!!!! It will happen, and where will you be when it happens, here saying you were wrong????... LoL The blindness is what scares me, THERE WILL BE A DRAFT AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT!!!... Although, I'm sure you won't come here acknowledging that fact that you were also blind right? I hear so many claim with conviction they know something will, or wont happen, but I never see anyone own up to it, same charachteristic that has us in this mess, But I will come here and say "I was wrong" if it doesn't happen, However, I don't think that will be necessary now, But I will eat my words if a draft doesn't happen, can you say the same if it does?

Ummmm.....
[1] Why the hell is this in the Half Life 2 section?
[2] It is very tempting to argue that anyone who actually supports Kerry must be stupid, but I didn't come to halflife2.net to discus politics.

Now, lets just see how long it take for a moderator to close this stupid thread.

My god! You guys haven`t heard?! Bush is really the G-man...

Another-User... My heart goes out to you....Truly, I hope the best for you, Hopefully this all passes you by... It's been hard for me to sit and watch our just graduated from highschool kids get killed by So-Called Christians from these other countries, I would give everything in my life to stop our kids, and their citizens from getting killed in this... Anyways, I should just keep my own thoughts to myself right?

Yes, I do agree that Bush seems like an idiot... and Yes, i don't car if people call me a Bush hater.... because i guess you could say I am..... Although i'm Australian... so what would you expect? However I think that Kerry hasn't done enough to convince the so-called "dumb" Americans about which President to choose....and in the end "dumb" people which is usually about 80 percent of any country will vote for the "safe" option which is always the one that's been there and done that before.....

I hate conservatists and conservatism as it is just an excuse to be ignorant and arrogant... but if another candidate wants to beat Bush they need to prove to the Americans that they are worthy of doing so... and I don't think he has done that and that is why it will be very close?? Has the rsults come through yet? Sorry... i don't like care much..... or listen to crappy news about it>?

Look - the bloody head of the U.S. armed forces said explicitly that he is not only against the draft, but he wouldn't accept soldiers that have been drafted to serve under him. He says it's because they make bad soldiers because they don't want to be there. Since they're bad soldiers they will do little more than add to the body count, and he doesn't want to order anyone to their grave.

People seem to forget that calling for a draft in this day and age is political suicide. Remember that we attempted to have a president thrown out of office for having an affair in the White House and then lying about it. To the individual people of the nation, that's not such a big deal. Now imagine someone supporting something that will so drastically affect every bloody citizen, and try to tell me with a straight face that will work. If you can do that, there's no way in hell I'm playing poker with you.

Anyway - go Bodnerick!

EDIT: Election Update:
Bush: 249 Electoral Votes
Kerry: 242
Needed to win: 270
Number still in the air: 47

It can still easily swing either way.

JaegerMaster said:
Another-User... My heart goes out to you....Truly, I hope the best for you, Hopefully this all passes you by... It's been hard for me to sit and watch our just graduated from highschool kids get killed by So-Called Christians from these other countries, I would give everything in my life to stop our kids, and their citizens from getting killed in this... Anyways, I should just keep my own thoughts to myself right?

would you prefer seeing millions of moslims invading your country and suicide bombimg citizen after another?

I can't help but think Wesley Clark would've wiped the floor with Bush. Why couldn't the democrats have nominated a guy that didn't have a history of political shenanigans?

Hey GLO, you think that's gonna come from Iraq? ... I can see if we invaded Iraq, and Afghanistan to surround Iran, Maybe thats what the case is, and if you don't understand what I'm talking about, look at a world map and see...... The Muslim movement wasn't a Muslim movement until we made it one, I don't know what part of that you can't understand... The US has only escalted this movement.... Anyway, I'm not gonna sit here and explain everything, If we a s people can't see it for our own eyes, and make our own decisions, and think for ourselves, then we get everything that's coming to us... Goodnight everyone, I'm going to sleep!!

wow, you guys are funny, this just proves that 100% of america is ****ing retarded. every single person here has arguements that are based on rumors and propaganda. Since kerry's policies are basically identical to bush's i don't see the point in argueing over shit thats not going to change either way. If you would open your eyes you would see that all politics at this level are a ****ing joke. The president is just a figurehead to take the blame for all the **** ups. he doesn't make any decisions, the big businesses that pay off congress and fund the presidential campains make the decisions, thats why the two things that kill the most people(alcohol and tobacco) are still legal and marijuana are still illegal.

JaegerMaster said:
If we a s people can't see it for our own eyes, and make our own decisions, and think for ourselves, then we get everything that's coming to us... Goodnight everyone, I'm going to sleep!!

Yes, regurgitating what you've been told is definitely seeing it with our own eyes and making our own decisions. :rolleyes:

Good night.

Is it confirmed yet then? Has bush won?
Shit.
Well you American guys, I have to admit I half feel sorry for you and half say "why did you let him get elected?!"

Are any of you guys eligible for the draft? If so I do feel very sorry for you, I think it's a breach of pretty much every human right we've got to force you to fight in an army that's been marched around into wars we don't need to be having (but we shan't go into that now).

These are crazy times, REALLY crazy times and certain political figures - Tony Blair as well, I do not like his strategy at the moment - are not helping the situation. And I cannot believe bush said that about being a messiah kinda thing. If anyone else said that they'd be on the FBI's most wanted.

It's times like these that I'm glad there's things that can be done to forget bout stuff like this; roll a J with a mate, go down the pub.... and in 13 days, play half life 2.

Everyone, especially you Americans, good luck.

We'll need it

*sigh*...more draft bullshit.

Did you even read the last pages?

EDIT: And no, Bush hasn't won yet. He has 249 electoral votes, Kerry has 242, 47 are still up in the air, and they need more than 270 to win. It can still go either way.

Oh and deputy - very well said on the beer fags and pot front.
It's hard to say stuff like that without being labelled a 'pot head' or just plain stupid. But it's crazy when you look at all the research that points quite blatently at weed being MUCH safer than beer and tobacco.
And also how many stoners do you know who go around starting fights and generally being a**eholes? None. But beer makes you do that.
And dya know why pot is still illegal and beer not. Trace it back through religion. Because the bible does not say its ok to smoke dope the political figures will not endorse it because of a few important religious figures who would kick off "this is not in the bible" etc. We can drink booze because its done in the bible. Can't think of many examples apart from the last supper.
In India weed, I'm told, is in their religious book (apologies I can't remember the name) - and so it is smoked quite openly.

Moderators, sorry for taking this down a controversial lane but it's just something I feel strongly about.

The world itself is FULL of fools, regardless of whatever country they are originally from.

Political leaders (in western countrys) these days are not even leaders anymore. They have group intellegence and NEVER answer anything directly.
The entire spectrum of government needs to change otherwise we will continue down the perpetual path of inactivity....
Much needs to be done with the environment, assisting other countrys, education...you name it. Yet the only thing leaders are interested in these days is the ECONOMY.
Hard to make money when terrorists are blowing up in your face and your skin is peeling off due to increased levels of UV rays. But hey, it dosn't matter, the rising ocean will cool you down a little.

No, regurgitating what has happened this last 4 years, if you can't see it, you're part of the problem... Yes Kerry sucks ass as well, but it's definitley the lesser of two evils at this point... Could we ever elect an honest person to the whitehouse? Prolly not, go do some research into what Bush has stood for, then come back and argue your point... I'm still so astounded and dissapointed at how easily indoctrinated the American people can be in such a short period of time, it's almost scary!

Back