This proves we are stupid, and numb as a nation..

downthesun said:
It's so funny to see all these foreigners who think their opinions matter in this election. Guys, you all need to realize that until you're a citizen of the U.S.A. your opinion is usless and null about this election. Do you see me telling you tits on who I think should be running your countries? No. Why? Because I don't ****ing live in your God damn country.

And for all those people who are paranoid about a draft are pussies. These are the kind of people who are going to try and flee the country. There will be no draft anyway, you ****ing morons! Get over it!

Wake up, this is the internet, we all have our opinions here. The varst majority of foreigners have a strong distaste for Bush because of Iraq and foreign policies (that does affect those outside of the US you know?), so what do you expect? A pat on the back?

At least in the UK we don't have tons of religious nuts voting for one party over another and more than 2 realistic parties to choose from. A sad day to be honest.

Yeah downthesun, utter pisser :rolleyes:

I find it interesting that some people don't like other opinions coming in when it comes to their country - why not? Most are valid.

If I wanted to be a twat I could say
YOU guys started an illegal war
YOU guys are damaging the environment more than any other country
Blah blah.

I try not to be a twat so I won't. Cos its not true to start, it was ur administration.
But it's the ignorant people like you, mr downthesun, who give you Americans a bad name.

burner69 said:
Yeah downthesun, utter pisser :rolleyes:

I find it interesting that some people don't like other opinions coming in when it comes to their country - why not? Most are valid.

If I wanted to be a twat I could say
YOU guys started an illegal war
YOU guys are damaging the environment more than any other country
Blah blah.
Yes we have done all those..but the funny thing is...you guys can't do a damn thing to stop us. :p

Yes we can!!!!
By... ranting on a half-life 2 forum!!!! WAHAHAHAHA.

But the war on afghan, iraq is not funny at all.
And in 50 years time America is going to feel very guilty about not doing more to reduce emissions.

burner69 said:
Yes we can!!!!
By... ranting on a half-life 2 forum!!!! WAHAHAHAHA.

But the war on afghan, iraq is not funny at all.
And in 50 years time America is going to feel very guilty about not doing more to reduce emissions.
I know... :( I'm still waiting for a hydrogen powered car that can go over 200 mph. :naughty:

downthesun said:
It's so funny to see all these foreigners who think their opinions matter in this election. Guys, you all need to realize that until you're a citizen of the U.S.A. your opinion is usless and null about this election. Do you see me telling you tits on who I think should be running your countries? No. Why? Because I don't ****ing live in your God damn country.

And for all those people who are paranoid about a draft are pussies. These are the kind of people who are going to try and flee the country. There will be no draft anyway, you ****ing morons! Get over it!

Between this post and the fact that our country re-elected Bush... my country's ignorance astounds me. I mean, I knew a good majority of the people in the world were ignorant... but THIS ignorant?

I weep for the world.

On a lighter note, here's a funny conversation I had with a friend that voted Bush.

Me: What do you like about Bush anywho?
Friend: I'm voting for him because if I vote for Kerry it goes to the T's.
Friend: T's as in terrorists...
Me: Uh...?
Friend: Because Kerry won't back our troops in Iraq.
Me: Have you even read any articles about his standpoints on Iraq?
Friend: ...
Me: You haven't have you?
Friend: My mom is yelling at me, gotta go!
Me: ...

What is stupid and dumb is people calling other people stupid and dumb because they didn't vote for the same person he/she did.

Agreed.
People can say whatever they like, as long as they have something to back it up.

"That is correct"
Neil Armstrong on nothing to do with this subject at all.

I voted for bush.

Because i said this, aparently I am a complete fool.

From what i can tell "bush hating" is something that has transcended the issues. It has become a fad. People do it because its the popular thing to do. To me he doesn't look any worse than any other scumbag president. (most of them are scumbags) Clinton technically did more damage (helping out N. Korea, fuxing up the economy in certain places, etc.)

Only problem is Bush has crappy PR and is a lousy speaker. So people with an agenda on the left find him as a nice fat easy target. So he gets blasted for doing normal president type stuff.

And he gets painted into representing this big bad evil. Seriously a lot of people are blowing everything out of porportion. And yeah, i'm not worried about a draft. If there is one i'll go, cause hell, i'll own all the terrorists with all my rocket/grenade jumping and bunnyhopping skillz.

They'll be trying to shoot me and will be all like "OMFGxx0rz, we cAn't H!txx0r h!m, H4X!!!"

To say that Bush went to war for the wrong reasons is like saying that we should have let Eroupe get taken over by NAZI Germany. Saddam Hussine was a monster that massicured anyone that stood in his way. He would kill thousands of people on end, showing no mercy or compassion. Anyone reason to go to war would have been valid to get a monster like that out of power. As for the situation now, it isn't as bad as it seems. People in Iraq want a democracy and they're not gonna let a few crazy terrorists stop that. As for invading Iran and another draft....let it happen if it needs to happen. I would give my life to know that I made the world a safer place and probably saved thousands of lives by removing a tryinistic dictator.

You've got bollocks, and I respect u 4 saying wat u did.
Fair play; bush is an easy target. Though I don't agree Clinton was as bad as him.
Let's be honest the Bush administration has caused some serious shit... which trails back to 9/11 which can be traced back to the first gulp a.k.a Bush senior.

But I'm glad you've brought up the point of bush haters to "be cool" it's stupid just to hate him on prinicple. I hate him because of his foreign policy, his belief that because the US is powerful it does not have to go along with environmental plans, that it can make decisions against the UN, that it can shift a country's eyes off it's own failing econimic state and onto warring with countries that are a 'threat'.

Saddam should have been overthrown. They should, however, have said what they were doing in the first place. You can't shoot a guy cuz you think he's slept with your wife, then find out he didnt and say "Oh it's ok, cuz I found out he had some cocaine on him so he was bad anyway." Duznt work like that.

And remember that the 2 most recent wars have taken many innocent lives, removing Saddam is good, full stop, but that doesn't mean its ok that innocents were killed.

Saddam killed many, many people for his own agenda.
American government (not America, big difference I believe) put Saddam there in the first place. They gave him money and weapons. Then when they try and remove him there's a war.
There's blood on everyones hands here. War sucks. I hate it.

Hmm you'll find that a lot of euros get offended when you try and compare WW2 where millions of people died to stop a German invasion of Europe to Iraq who the US took out based on what we know now to be false intelligence reports of WMD. Ofcourse, getting rid of him is one less 'tryanical dictator' but doesn't sound like the same thing, right?

you know what's funny, the british used to be the hegemony and they killed a lot of innocent people in wars just to get a little more land so they could be that much more powerful, we went to war to help further democracy, which is the only way to global peace

Yeah, I don't pretend that Britain doesn't have a messy history. We do. Oooo boy we do.
Did you know we invented concentration camps?
Did you know that it was IBM who helped Germany process the Jews through the system.

Everyone's got a bloody history, pretty much, and it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better. IF it ever gets better.

JaegerMaster said:
We re-elect Bush, My god, we get what we deserve!!!! Kerry wasn't much better as I agree, but, Bush has done more damage in 4 years than all presidents before him... God help us... Oh, and if you think there isn't gonna be a draft! then you're really stupid. we're going to Iran....LoL We aint goin to N. Korea, cause China is behind them, lucky us huh? But we are goin to Iran, and there will be a draft... Hope enough of you eligible for the draft voted...LoL
The President doesn't institute a draft, thats CONGRESS's domain. Its like saying Pete Coors was going to lower the drinking age from the US Senate when its a state's decision (yes I live in Colorado).

sorry for double posting but:

imachip - i agree totally. removing saddam was VERY different from removing hitler.

burner69 said:
Yeah, I don't pretend that Britain doesn't have a messy history. We do. Oooo boy we do.
Did you know we invented concentration camps?
Did you know that it was IBM who helped Germany process the Jews through the system.

Everyone's got a bloody history, pretty much, and it will get a whole lot worse before it gets better. IF it ever gets better.

that's very true, we probably won;t see the end of war in our time, or even our children's time, its gonna take a while, maybe til humans die out as a species

I despised history at school. But I think if it was compulsory, and went into more depth our kids will realise that all we keep doing is making the same mistakes over and over.
I'd luv to just wake up one day and see on the news: "All country's have said; screw it, you're alright really we'll let you get on with your own thing. All nasty dictators have turned nice. And all weapons of any sort have become non existant."
"In other news; half life 78 is out, boasting big guns that you shoot folk with, a nasty dictator who you can overthrow and a manipulator gun."

Imo its kind of anoying how Bush got re-elected (nearly) but you need to think about who actually voted for him (christians) I have nothing against the christian religion but Bush is using releigion along with a lot of other people to minipulate and get power.

On another note, Kerry was more pro to attack Iran than Bush. Why does no one know this?

I hate it when religion get's used like that.
I'm atheist, but think that the morals behind all religions are a very good thing to have. It sux when ppl interpret them wrong and have wars: "Argh, you're wearing different clothes to us" "Argh, you save money with your ways!" its BS.

And I had no idea Kerry was all up for Iran.
The media that we see can be very selective, IS very selective. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

you know what's funny, the british used to be the hegemony and they killed a lot of innocent people in wars just to get a little more land so they could be that much more powerful, we went to war to help further democracy, which is the only way to global peace
meh most of this stuff occured ages ago. Its like saying all germans are nazis. Anyway the war on Iraqi was just, the war on Afganistan was not however.

edit- Oh and btw we have about 5 different threads on the same subject. Well done :upstare:

Iraq war I disagreed with the method, particularly the way we were told 'why' we were fighting it.
Afgan war was total tripe, I agree. You can't possibily start a war with a country for having terrorists there. Britain has terrorists hiding within - lets bomb Britain. ooo, America has them two, call in the marines. It was daft, and totally unfair to the Afgan people. I heard somewhere that in the first week of the war more Afgan innocents were killed than in 9/11. Nasty comparison to make, I know, but shows how f**kd up war is.

well, as far as I can tell, Bush is the lesser of two evils.

go Bush.

But then again, I can't even vote!

Just to be fair bush has nothing to do with the quito protocol it was failed by your congress.
Actually most of bushs decisions have to be agreed by the congress or they dont get out the door

abconners said:
To say that Bush went to war for the wrong reasons is like saying that we should have let Eroupe get taken over by NAZI Germany. Saddam Hussine was a monster that massicured anyone that stood in his way. He would kill thousands of people on end, showing no mercy or compassion. Anyone reason to go to war would have been valid to get a monster like that out of power. As for the situation now, it isn't as bad as it seems. People in Iraq want a democracy and they're not gonna let a few crazy terrorists stop that. As for invading Iran and another draft....let it happen if it needs to happen. I would give my life to know that I made the world a safer place and probably saved thousands of lives by removing a tryinistic dictator.

Removing Saddam from power resulted in the deaths of over 1000 US troops, 100000 dead Iraqis, and the transformation of Iraq into a playground for terrorists and insurgents.

We burned down a village in order to save it. How's that for ****ing irony?

Yeah, yeah, Saddam was a monster. I don't know any right-minded person that would say otherwise. However, America had bigger priorities than deposing a dictator. How about... Oh, I don't know. Bringing Osama bin Laden to justice? Putting an end to Al Qaeda? The people that murdered thousands of people on our own soil? Oh wait, Bush already said that he couldn't give a flying crap about those guys any more. How about getting our economy back on track before dumping a few billion dollars into an unnecessary war?

Also, our "success" (I say it like that seeing as how our business in that country is far from over) does not change the fact that we were either A) lied to about the reasons for going to war, or B) went to war because our incompetent administration based their reasoning off of questionable intelligence. Face it. Removing Saddam from power was a consolation prize when our claims of WMD's and ties to Al Qaeda turned out to be baseless. Liberating the Iraqi people was never our primary reason for going over there.

We went over there because they were a supposed threat. Turns out they weren't.

Your comparison to Nazi Germany is bullshit. Hitler was already making sweeping advances across Europe at that time. He actually DID pose a threat, but people thought they could appease him. Iraq? They weren't really going anywhere at all. It's also great that you say the people of Iraq wanted a democracy. What's so priceless about this comment is that if we actually DID let them decide for themselves, they would have voted themselves straight back into a dictatorship. So much for democracy when a foreign power kicks out the candidates of your choosing and replaces them with their own.

If you have no problem with a draft, then good for you. I wish that I too could give my life to a bullshit cause with no care.

K e r b e r o s said:
Thank. You.

Well, at least the Terrorists in Fallujah get paved.
don't mess with Falluja :frown:
I hope you get paved.

don't mess with Falluja
I hope you get paved.

Bush is in office--whose going to do it?

Oh yea, I forgot. Kerry gave up. Look, how about coming down from Canada, and trying to do something about the vote?

Needless to say, hoping wont help. Hope is a blind faith--without the action it requires. But I would'nt hope anything horrible for you, and if you noted Hasan, like you, I can be sarcastic.

I was being sarcastic with that Fallujah thing; oh, and dont forget what I said about people on the internet.

You Americans are ****ed. I would love to hear from someone who voted Bush. Are you out of your mind. Your country is going to burn for your ignorance and it's not like Kerry is a great guy but he is saner.

Sit back and wait for 4 years of fear mongering, religous propaganda, race card, terrorist bullshit to flood your country. He is not what your country needs. How the hell are you supposed to sustain an economy that's fueld by war? Are you going to keep fighting for ever?

To all sane Americans good luck. If you want; you can come to Canada. It's not perfect either but at least we discuss a peacfull solution before force is necissary. We have health care and reasonable housing. Low crime but crowded highways. Your choice really.

Hopefully we don't get backlash from you guys. Don't need any fallout drifting over here.

You Americans are ****ed. I would love to hear from someone who voted Bush. Are you out of your mind. Your country is going to burn for your ignorance and it's not like Kerry is a great guy but he is saner.

Burn for its ignorance? Were not ignorant, we did our civic duties as encouraged...and Kerry lost. Then of course, he also gave up.

Sit back and wait for 4 years of fear mongering, religous propaganda, race card, terrorist bullshit to flood your country. He is not what your country needs. How the hell are you supposed to sustain an economy that's fueld by war? Are you going to keep fighting for ever?

If it keeps enraged Kerry lovers from flying over here and attacking our populace, then yes.

To all sane Americans good luck. If you want; you can come to Canada. It's not perfect either but at least we discuss a peacfull solution before force is necissary. We have health care and reasonable housing. Low crime but crowded highways. Your choice really.

No. Canada? Its going to be attacked next. I cant imagine by what though...

Hopefully we don't get backlash from you guys. Don't need any fallout drifting over here.

Well, when you post in the forums who we should vote for, based on personal opinion...you create the fallout yourselves. If you wanted Kerry to win, you should've become a US Citizen years ago.

Americans get whats coming to them if bush is re-elected... poor bastards, grow a brain.

And as for canada, the world is behind us.... can you say that for yourselves?

By no means am i pro kerry, but he is the lesser evil.. Good luck in the draft :)

ABSINTHE Quote

"Removing Saddam from power resulted in the deaths of over 1000 US troops, 100000 dead Iraqis, and the transformation of Iraq into a playground for terrorists and insurgents.

We burned down a village in order to save it. How's that for ****ing irony?

Yeah, yeah, Saddam was a monster. I don't know any right-minded person that would say otherwise. However, America had bigger priorities than deposing a dictator. How about... Oh, I don't know. Bringing Osama bin Laden to justice? Putting an end to Al Qaeda? The people that murdered thousands of people on our own soil? Oh wait, Bush already said that he couldn't give a flying crap about those guys any more. How about getting our economy back on track before dumping a few billion dollars into an unnecessary war?

Also, our "success" (I say it like that seeing as how our business in that country is far from over) does not change the fact that we were either A) lied to about the reasons for going to war, or B) went to war because our incompetent administration based their reasoning off of questionable intelligence. Face it. Removing Saddam from power was a consolation prize when our claims of WMD's and ties to Al Qaeda turned out to be baseless. Liberating the Iraqi people was never our primary reason for going over there.

We went over there because they were a supposed threat. Turns out they weren't.

Your comparison to Nazi Germany is bullshit. Hitler was already making sweeping advances across Europe at that time. He actually DID pose a threat, but people thought they could appease him. Iraq? They weren't really going anywhere at all. It's also great that you say the people of Iraq wanted a democracy. What's so priceless about this comment is that if we actually DID let them decide for themselves, they would have voted themselves straight back into a dictatorship. So much for democracy when a foreign power kicks out the candidates of your choosing and replaces them with their own.

If you have no problem with a draft, then good for you. I wish that I too could give my life to a bullshit cause with no care."
\

It's people like this guy Absinthe that come along and restore my hope that your average person isn't a moron. If everyone in the US had their eyes open and their head outta their ass like Absinthe, we wouldn't be having this conversation, we'd be rejoycing over our economic successes, abundance of peace, and what we're gonna do this weekend, Doesn't that sound nice? Now back to reality, since Bush found a way to spend that surplus of money Clinton managed to build up... See, Anyone remember when Bush was Elected in 2000???? Do you remember what he said at his acceptance speach?? Hmmm First thing he said was... "We are in a recession", Do any of you remember this? Prolly very few, that's how much we pay attention... And when he said that, The American people were like, "What?" What recession"?...LoL The one Bush is going to create by simply saying "We are in a recession", This panicked stockholders, and everyone started pulling their money out, and keeeping it out of the system, the president has made his intentions known... Here comes the funny part, Then after our system got ****ed!, he tries to tell us, "Our economy is surgin", LoL It's alot easier to talk us int ot a recession than to talk us out of one Mr President, Anyway, that doesn't matter anymore, he's won the second term, he doesn't have to prove SHIT now, wait til you see what he does when there's nothing keeping him in check, like another election..lol We just granted him a liscense to even do more damage than he has already done except, with as much velocity as he pleases, So congratulations America, This generation will go down as the most braindead in US history... There's one for the history books..

Americans get whats coming to them if bush is re-elected... poor bastards, grow a brain.

Thats okay, I knew you supported the Holocaust. Oh, dont worry! ^^ See, you like death. You like to have it around you--it gives you enemies, allies, and points of discussion.

Sad to see you sulk around your country--too bad, maybe you should've helped us vote. Nevermind, I'm glad you did'nt. Only one name would make sense on the ticket...

BTW: I noticed that almost all people who were in the background at president speeches looked like dumb americans.. why is that always so?

As much as I didn't want Bush to win all I can say is you fools who keep on calling 50% of Americans morons are really just acting like big jackasses. You are just as bad and often worse than the people you are directing your insults at.

If 50% of the US are morons then shouldn't that mean 50% of the population in all other countries are also morons? Stop your useless whining and destructive insulting.

BTW: I noticed that almost all people who were in the background at president speeches looked like dumb americans.. why is that always so?

Because they're not dumb Netherlanders.

Go back to worshipping the one thing the Netherland's did great: Produce a CnC Mod known as "CnC Holland".

...and guess what? That, was'nt even, THAT, good.

Kerb, i sincerely feel for ya... You are as washed as the rest.. There is no "insult" that can ignore the fact you just put that dictator back in power...

And ps- Really who cared about iraq before bush was president... nobody.. now that he is its all about "save the iraqies" they "want" to become a democracy.. gimme a break..

Back