This proves we are stupid, and numb as a nation..

burner69 said:
Oh and deputy - very well said on the beer fags and pot front.
It's hard to say stuff like that without being labelled a 'pot head' or just plain stupid. But it's crazy when you look at all the research that points quite blatently at weed being MUCH safer than beer and tobacco.
And also how many stoners do you know who go around starting fights and generally being a**eholes? None. But beer makes you do that.
And dya know why pot is still illegal and beer not. Trace it back through religion. Because the bible does not say its ok to smoke dope the political figures will not endorse it because of a few important religious figures who would kick off "this is not in the bible" etc. We can drink booze because its done in the bible. Can't think of many examples apart from the last supper.
In India weed, I'm told, is in their religious book (apologies I can't remember the name) - and so it is smoked quite openly.

Moderators, sorry for taking this down a controversial lane but it's just something I feel strongly about.

And YOU SIR, are one of the fools of which I speak.

Let a whole new wave of fear wash over America...

JaegerMaster said:
I hear so many claim with conviction they know something will, or wont happen, but I never see anyone own up to it, same charachteristic that has us in this mess, But I will come here and say "I was wrong" if it doesn't happen, However, I don't think that will be necessary now

then how can you say :

JaegerMaster said:
THERE WILL BE A DRAFT AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT!!!

and as for this :

JaegerMaster said:
But I will eat my words if a draft doesn't happen, can you say the same if it does?....Although, I'm sure you won't come here acknowledging that fact that you were also blind right?

let me begin to answer this by saying that first off you don't ****ing know me so don't even try to make this "but you won't live up to it" crap ok? I'm not a ****ing tart, if I'm wrong I will gladely come here and admit that I was wrong... i have enough honor to admit my mistakes

but you know what? you have no honor, you resort to personal attacks by ASSUMING things about me .... and before you even say "but you assumed thing about me too!" ... no I didnt because you obviously had not read the frontpage on the selective service website

oh and lemme say this so that you don't ASSUME this as well : I am not a republican, I am not a democrat, I didn't vote for Bush or Kerry and I could very well have if I had wanted you. Part of the reason I am a conservative is because of people like you.

JaegerMaster said:
No, regurgitating what has happened this last 4 years, if you can't see it, you're part of the problem... Yes Kerry sucks ass as well, but it's definitley the lesser of two evils at this point... Could we ever elect an honest person to the whitehouse? Prolly not, go do some research into what Bush has stood for, then come back and argue your point... I'm still so astounded and dissapointed at how easily indoctrinated the American people can be in such a short period of time, it's almost scary!

Fortunately, I didn't vote for Bush (nor Kerry), so I think you may be a little misguided. I never said Bush was a good president - quite the opposite, there were very few of his policies and views I agreed with, and even most of those had caveats.

The thing is, I'm sick of voting for the 'lesser of two evils'. I'm sick of the binary, left/right, white/black, up/down, good/evil bullshit that everyone tries to force every situation into.

SOMETIMES THERE IS MORE THAN 2 VIEWS ON A SUBJECT

Unfortunately, people think "oh, I have to get this guy out of office, I'll vote for the other guy everyone else is voting for." The problem is, you don't agree with what the other guy is doing either. It's lead to a lot of the problems and confusion (at least as far as I can see it) present today. If people would vote for a candidate whose views pretty much match theirs, I find it quite possible America would lose a lot of those "wtf" moments. You know, like supporting one rise to power only to attack it a few months later, supporting one thing one day and the exact opposite the next. Not to mention the unintelligible shit pile that tries to pass as foreign relations.

But...no one ever listens. It's their right not to I guess, but it does make me a little sad. ;(

EDIT: Lexo: Bodnerick!? :D

Bush has it won for all practical purposes...it would take a miracle for Kerry to come back in Ohio at this point. Oh yea, and hell will freeze over before we see a draft for anything less than WWIII, anyone who says otherwise clearly doesn't have much of an understanding of our government.

Maui said:
The thing is, I'm sick of voting for the 'lesser of two evils'. I'm sick of the binary, left/right, white/black, up/down, good/evil bullshit that everyone tries to force every situation into.

But...no one ever listens. It's their right not to I guess, but it does make me a little sad. ;(

agreed 100%

Maui said:
EDIT: Lexo: Bodnerick!? :D

nope, sorry :rolling:

LoL... Goodnight guys, It should be another interesting and ultimately destructive 4 years... Alls I can say is, I don't wanna hear anyone ****ing whine!!!! If you voted Bush in.....

LeXo5 said:
agreed 100%

nope, sorry :rolling:

Oh well, at least it wasn't dumb or dumber :LOL:

And no, I'm not telling anyone which is which either. :)

Anyways, Bush in America is good for Europe, cuz the hate for Bush (or even America) will grow. That will make Europe stronger, some Oil Company's are starting to think about using the Euro instead of the Dollar, so if they keep this up, Europe will rule the world! And that's good, cuz I'm dutch :p

JaegerMaster said:
I have this bad feeling, the youth 18 years or so, are gonna regret not waiting in line to vote, they're gonna be the ones to lay this burden on...

I'm 18. And I voted for Bush. If I get drafted (which isn't going to happen), then so be it.

Flame on.

Juggy said:
Anyways, Bush in America is good for Europe, cuz the hate for Bush (or even America) will grow. That will make Europe stronger, some Oil Company's are starting to think about using the Euro instead of the Dollar, so if they keep this up, Europe will rule the world! And that's good, cuz I'm dutch :p

Yeah, the gap between Europe and the US will grow for sure. Being European with a lot of friends in the US I'm sad about it though.

But it's good for Europe, no doubt

Wow, sad day for democrats, it looks like even the senate minority leader is getting voted out of office.

I'd like to remind everyone that the US has had more presidents in the past who were deemed "evil"/"bad"/"stupid" by other nations.

But never were other nations so serious about it.

Makes me wonder what's next. I really hope we're all just blowing smoke, and there really is nothing to worry about. I really do. Kerry sucked donkey woozles anyway. This was inevitable.

Good luck everyone.

edit: try to enjoy hl2 the best you can, because things might just go down the drain, you never know :D

I vote North Korea! They are a danger to the world! They are harbouring terrorist! they are helping al quaeda and saddam! They are EEEVIL!!!

/sarcasm

Maui said:
Don't misinterpret this as my support for Bush. I think both Kerry and Bush are losers, and didn't vote for either.

Then, at least in theory, you have taken away your right to complain. Only ignorant or careless people choose not to vote.

EDIT: I retract that comment. You might have voted for Nader or some of the others.

Champ said:
Then, at least in theory, you have taken away your right to complain. Only ignorant or careless people choose not to vote.

That is not true...People often say what you just said but it isn't so.

Basically, you can choose to not vote for any party because you do not beleive they are up for the job. Look at it another way. You could say people who chose the party that lost can't complain because they didn't vote...for the elected party.

You may say, that doesn't make sense, but it does.

Edit: My point still stands for that type of comment :p

Farrowlesparrow said:
That is not true...People often say what you just said but it isn't so.

Basically, you can choose to not vote for any party because you do not beleive they are up for the job. Look at it another way. You could say people who chose the party that lost can't complain because they didn't vote...for the elected party.

You may say, that doesn't make sense, but it does.

Edit: My point still stands for that type of comment :p

I wouldn't say people who don't vote don't have a right to complain. Every citizen has a right to criticize the system.

But to not actually use of one of the most fundamental rights of a democracy is just wrong in my opinion. People fought and died to bring us this privilege and that's what it is, a privilege. I can't understand why someone would throw that away.

There are people in other countries that would literally kill to have a chance to vote for their leaders. I think the least we can do as American citizens is actually use this right that we take for granted so much. We may not always like the candidates, but atleast we have some choice in the matter.

That's what I think about voting anyway.

Champ said:

EDIT: I retract that comment. You might have voted for Nader or some of the others.

Badnarik
Nader's a nut :D
EDIT: No offense to any Nader voters out there ;)

Its not about throwing away the vote...its about not voting for people you don't think deserve to run the country.
If they don't cut it, then I'm not going to choose "the lesser of two evils". That doesn't mean I'm jsut gonna shut up though...I'd try to make it known that I didn't vote for a reason.

As long as Europe keeps growing it's good enough for me.

Ecthe|ioN said:
As long as Europe keeps growing it's good enough for me.

Word...

3uR0p3 pwnZ 4LL...w3 r 1337...!!!11!!11!!!ELEVEN

:cheers:

Yeah, I agree with neutrino. If you have a choice between what you think is the evil and lesser evil, why not vote for the lesser evil? it will weaken the chance that the evil has of getting voted.

Farrowlesparrow said:
Its not about throwing away the vote...its about not voting for people you don't think deserve to run the country.
If they don't cut it, then I'm not going to choose "the lesser of two evils". That doesn't mean I'm jsut gonna shut up though...I'd try to make it known that I didn't vote for a reason.

Like I said, I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain just as much as the next person. Voting or not voting has nothing to do with one's right to question the government.

But I still consider it throwing away one's right to vote. Even if it's "the lesser of two evils" it's still an important vote. If someone thinks one candidate is better than the other, no matter by how small a margin, I think they have a civic duty to vote for that candidate for the good of the country. Even if the effect is small, it is still significant.

The world itself is FULL of fools, regardless of whatever country they are originally from.

Thank. You.

Well, at least the Terrorists in Fallujah get paved.

Why the hell is everyone calling it over when the vote counting isn't? Sure Bush is ahead at the moment but only very slightly. Kerry could still hit 270 and I desperately want him to, but well... We'll see.
F*cking Fox and those other stupid agenda-ridden news networks trying to convince everyone of some premature victory. This is exactly how they helped Bush steal the election in 2000. History, it would seem, is repeating itself and it makes me sick to the f*cking core.

What makes me sick? Is all of these pacifistsisisififist...that dick around, believing that the "vote" is weak.

The vote, is'int weak. If there was one vote, for one thing, that one thing would win, and be enacted. People should've clearly voted this year.

Looks like they have'nt, and it looks like others are suffering for their lack of aptitude.

Neutrino said:
Like I said, I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain just as much as the next person. Voting or not voting has nothing to do with one's right to question the government.

But I still consider it throwing away one's right to vote. Even if it's "the lesser of two evils" it's still an important vote. If someone thinks one candidate is better than the other, no matter by how small a margin, I think they have a civic duty to vote for that candidate for the good of the country. Even if the effect is small, it is still significant.

This is interesting. Maybe I'm interpreting you incorrectly, but wouldn't that make you vote for...well, let's take my example.

Alright, I'll say that the evil was Kerry. That would make the lesser evil Bush, because Bush is the lesser of the two evils. But now, if you compare Badnerik and Bush, Bush is the new evil, and Badnerik is the new lesser-of-two-evils...

I think I know what you meant though. Doesn't mean I have to agree. :)

Damn my discrete structures class - all I kept thinking while writing that was "it's an insertion sort, it's an insertion sort!" :D

Imo Bush and the Republicans will lose a lot of support in the coming years...just a couple of months until the taxes will be raised...another year of failure in Iraq.. more deaths...less jobs, and stocks dropping like stones already!

This will hurt the Republicans like never seen before :)

Tiddalick, I was reading your first point nodding to myself.
Though I fail to see how supporting the smoking of cannabis makes me a fool when it comes to politics.
Don't mind people being against certain things, I just don't see how my opinion on that relates to my being a fool.

Imo Bush and the Republicans will lose a lot of support in the coming years...just a couple of months until the taxes will be raised...another year of failure in Iraq.. more deaths...less jobs, and stocks dropping like stones already!

This will hurt the Republicans like never seen before

...says the Belgian from Ghent.

Some of you make it seem like the world is coming to an end, and it might well be. But what are you doing to help? If you aren't then I suggest you go and help an old lady cross the street or something, and stop complaining about it.

Yea, I agree with that. People need to just shutup, because the world is'int going to end.

Oi. ****in. Vei!

There is a valid point on the whole "what are YOU doing to stop this this and that" in that, what CAN we do?

Vote. Voting is important, and because of it's history alone we should all do it. But an individual's vote, let's be quite honest, isn't going to swing round a country's politics.

So what else? Anything that you do to protest that ACTUALLY HAS AN IMPACT AND MEDIA COVERAGE, which would be bloody hard to get, can very easily be turned back on you.
Par example; In the UK recently a man protesting for Father's rights donned a batman costume and broke into buckingham palace. Made front page news.
Weeks later he's being slated by all major newspapers for 'hitting a woman' at a party. "How can this terrible man protest for father's rights when he hits women" blah blah. Whoopy doo, he hit somebody once. I bet nobody's ever done that.

It's debateable but most media forms have an agenda. Read the Sun in the UK. Shit, Tony Blair could do just about anything and they'd still come back to him with open arms.

So would it be worth all the struggle to take action against something you disagree on, when we see people being knocked straight back down when they try.

I personally like to do little things here and there. Perhaps not helping old folk across roads, but tipping nice taxi drivers, helping me mates out when they need it, writing to my MP if something stupid is going on, and if I get the chance expressing what I believe to be valid opinions. (Though it gets me called a fool sometimes... grr.)

If I could, I'd change things in this country and many others. I can't, I've accepted that, so I'll just do what good I can amongst the people who're going thru the same shit as me. And vote. That too.

F**king saint, me (j/k)

It's so funny to see all these foreigners who think their opinions matter in this election. Guys, you all need to realize that until you're a citizen of the U.S.A. your opinion is usless and null about this election. Do you see me telling you tits on who I think should be running your countries? No. Why? Because I don't ****ing live in your God damn country.

And for all those people who are paranoid about a draft are pussies. These are the kind of people who are going to try and flee the country. There will be no draft anyway, you ****ing morons! Get over it!

Bush has acted the way he has in the recent years because he had to worry about reelection. Imagine what he'll do now that he doesn't.

Well I'm not stupid or dumb...cause I can't vote. :p

Back