U.S. Military recruitment slipping

shadow6899 said:
^damnit stern stop making me look bad :thumbs: Hey do they really check up ur nostrils to see if uve used cocaine? if so i guess im not going in the army :D

well no I dont think so ...you wouldnt be able to see anything unless that is you've done too much and it's eaten away at your nose cartiledge ..usually it's a simple urine test that will show if you did it or not ..on second thought ...ya they do check up your nose ..and you'll be executed ...I suggest you dont bother joining the military :)

just tell the recruiter that you think he's very handsome in his spiffy uniform ....guaranteed to work :E

No Limit said:
Classic Republican dipshit talk. Spare me, you aren't convincing anyone. You are forgetting your hero Bush got his family to help him dodge the draft.
Typical liberal dipshit talk. Spare me, you aren't convincing anyone.

Foxtrot said:
Typical liberal dipshit talk. Spare me, you aren't convincing anyone.
:thumbs:

Way to post with out actually adding any counter point to anything said. Yes, I know, there are no points. :dozey:

No Limit said:

Way to post with out actually adding any counter point to anything said. Yes, I know, there are no points. :dozey:
That is exactly what you posted, you assumed glirk was a republican because he is a conservative, and then you assumed he is a huge supported of Bush.

Foxtrot said:
and then you assumed he is a huge supported of Bush.
He is. And Bush is still a draft dodger which means you brother thinks he is a pussy. That is all, thank you.

No Limit said:
He is. And Bush is still a draft dodger which means you brother thinks he is a pussy. That is all, thank you.
Wow, I am glad you know my brother better than I do.

Foxtrot said:
Wow, I am glad you know my brother better than I do.
Yes, I seem to. If you don't know your brother is a huge Bush supporter I clearly know more.

No Limit said:
Yes, I seem to. If you don't know your brother is a huge Bush supporter I clearly know more.
I don't even know what to say to this, you are so full of yourself all that can possible come out of your mouth is shit.

Foxtrot said:
I don't even know what to say to this, you are so full of yourself all that can possible come out of your mouth is shit.
Please....Put forward a proper argument or stfu.

solaris152000 said:
Please....Put forward a proper argument or stfu.
Argument to what moron? There is nothing to argue because I have the facts and he doesn't.

jverne said:
man you seriously don't know what debate means!?

debating is exchanging presonal or someonelses thoughts so that you get the most people on your side and not your adversary...if it means using methods with causes someones emothions to raise...very well then...as long as you get them on your side! thats what i want, i'm trying to get them to personaly feel what i'm against for-in that case millitary draft (based on experiences, of course)!

ok, maybe the thread has gone a little off-topic, but surely you aren't helping!

You NEVER appeal to emotions in a debate. Debates are all about logic and reason, not playing off emotions and resorting to fallacy. The point is not to "get people on your side", the point is to present a compelling argument that can stand on its own merit while exposing the holes in your opponents argument. Debates are structured, and there are rules in place to PREVENT exactly what you just explained.

In any case, I dont see the draft coming back, not unless we see something much closer to WW3.

I don't think the draft will help tremendously - if people wanted to be in the corps, they would have signed up voluntarily. If they get drafted, how much loyalty, initiative, patriotism, etc. are you going to foster by hanging jailtime over their head and asking them to die for you?

How effective will the new corps be when it's staffed by people who weren't able to dodge the draft in the first place? I don't mean crude methods like moving to Canada or dealing with jailtime either.

Adabiviak said:
I don't think the draft will help tremendously - if people wanted to be in the corps, they would have signed up voluntarily. If they get drafted, how much loyalty, initiative, patriotism, etc. are you going to foster by hanging jailtime over their head and asking them to die for you?

How effective will the new corps be when it's staffed by people who weren't able to dodge the draft in the first place? I don't mean crude methods like moving to Canada or dealing with jailtime either.

In the right situations... drafting worked, tremendously as it did in WWII. But the Volunteers always fought better.

Raziaar said:
In the right situations... drafting worked, tremendously as it did in WWII. But the Volunteers always fought better.
True, but I don't think there is as much support for this war as that.

Adabiviak said:
True, but I don't think there is as much support for this war as that.

Well, this war would be a rediculous one to require a draft. Its not one of those world threatening or homeland threatening situations.

No Limit said:
Classic Republican dipshit talk. Spare me, you aren't convincing anyone. You are forgetting your hero Bush got his family to help him dodge the draft.

Bush isn't even a great president, and far from my hero. Bush at least served in the military...what did clinton do?

I honestly don't think we could pass a draft unless we got desperate. it would be career suicide for any politicians involved with it. People would never forget they tried to pass a draft and that politician would get no where.

Glirk Dient said:
Bush isn't even a great president, and far from my hero. Bush at least served in the military...what did clinton do?

Bush might as well have dodged the draft. Don't kid yourself otherwise.

Glirk Dient said:

I honestly don't think we could pass a draft unless we got desperate. it would be career suicide for any politicians involved with it. People would never forget they tried to pass a draft and that politician would get no where.
Yes, lets change the topic to Clinton. Clinton was honest about dodging the draft.

and Bush served in the military? Did you read anything I posted?

And yes, Bush is your hero; I swear, even if you deny it you sound exactly as O'reilly does; same talking points same bullshit about not loving Bush. Yet you won't accept basic facts that Bush lied and repeat the same old "intelligence failure" over and over no matter how many times it has been refuted. You also just proved you unconditional love for Bush by saying at least he served in the military when the clear facts show he got strings pulled to avoid Vietnam and then didn't show up half the time to where he was supposed to be. I don't really think this is "pussy" as you claimed it would be; but now you wont even admit by your standards that Bush is an american hating pussy.

Foxtrot said:
Wow, I hope this doesn't get deleted so people can see what an ignorant asshole you are.

Another great argument on your behalf, you say you have all the facts: show them.

solaris152000 said:
Another great argument on your behalf, you say you have all the facts: show them.
You don't even know what you are talking about.

Its cool...Israel with the 2nd strongest army will help us out. I say 2nd instead of 3rd (which 3rd is what everyone says) because Russia has no control over its own army and its very unorganized...so I say Israel has a stronger army than Russia putting it at 2 instead of 3. Israel has not helped us in the past because the US refuses to let them for several reasons. Im sure the US and Israel will be fighting side by side in the near future.

Im not nervous one bit...I am willing to fight for the US. Im the generation that will probably be involved in the draft...Im turning 17 in January then 18 a year later. Im positive the draft (if there ever will be one) will come in no less than 2 years.

Its the truth. The people who benifitted from the war are the oil companies (fatcats). >Have fun shooting children
Thats what you will be doing directley or indirectley. By signing up you are helping the illegal ocupation and the murder of Iraqis. The brave men are thoose who refuse to fight.

No Limit said:
Yes, lets change the topic to Clinton. Clinton was honest about dodging the draft.

And yes, Bush is your hero; I swear, even if you deny it you sound exactly as O'reilly does; same talking points same bullshit about not loving Bush. Yet you won't accept basic facts that Bush lied and repeat the same old "intelligence failure" over and over no matter how many times it has been refuted. You also just proved you unconditional love for Bush by saying at least he served in the military when the clear facts show he got strings pulled to avoid Vietnam and then didn't show up half the time to where he was supposed to be. I don't really think this is "pussy" as you claimed it would be; but now you wont even admit by your standards that Bush is an american hating pussy.
Quoted for truth.

Foxtrot said:
Quoted for truth.

BTW: This is my last reply to you; I am sick of this childish elemantary school bullshit. Sorry.

No Limit said:

BTW: This is my last reply to you; I am sick of this childish elemantary school bullshit. Sorry.
That is pretty ironic.

No Limit said:

I agree there was an intelligence failure. I do not agree that bush lied. The only evidence you seem to have is the downing street memo which is just as good as the memo from bush's "general". It is funny you still believe that, even after it has been proven fake. If you believe that after it has been undoubtedly proven fake, how can we trust what you say?

You admit that clinton dodged the draft(very illegal) and also lied(very illegal). Not to mention he was married and cheated, the president of the united states, americas role model. If only every american could reap the benefits society provides them and when society needs their help they simply run away. Not to mention he values marriage, he values it so much he cheats and then lies about it. What a great role model.

Last I checked, the President runs a country. Wether or not he's banging a mistress on the side is irrelevant to me. I can't remember a single solitary person throughout my life thus far who has ever looked upon the President as a role model.

His draft dodging is also irrelevant to me. The Vietnam War was a shit stain on America's history, and I don't hold anything against those that scrambled out of it. "If only every american could reap the benefits society provides them and when society needs their help they simply run away." Of course, because American society was really quenching for bloodshed in Indochina. Damn that dastardly Bill Clinton for cheating the people!

Glirk Dient said:
I agree there was an intelligence failure. I do not agree that bush lied. The only evidence you seem to have is the downing street memo which is just as good as the memo from bush's "general". It is funny you still believe that, even after it has been proven fake. If you believe that after it has been undoubtedly proven fake, how can we trust what you say?
No, I have a lot more evidance, you just chose to ignore it.

No the memo has not been proven fake, you are just making things up now and you haven't shown any evidance of this. Nobody but you and your brother has disputed the memo's authenticity. Because of that you will live with a lie to defend Bush at all costs and there is nothing I can do to help you. Have a good life.

Foxtrot No Limit and Solaris clean it up please.

Sorry ComradeBadger, it should have never went this far. I got frustrated and will leave it at that.

>Have fun shooting children
Don't even go there ok? US forces HAVE NOT EVER SHOT A CHILD PURPOSEFULLY. It really bugs me becuase you have no clue what it is like to be in war at all. You say this crap based on what? Nothing nothing at all.

Glirk Dient said:
Not to mention he was married and cheated, the president of the united states, americas role model.
since when is the president of the united states ever a role model? if your role models are corrupt, lying politicians, then you have serious issues.

what is the age limit on the draft? does anyone know?

I wouldn't want to go fight for a bullshit war let alone one where the very people you try to defend will kill you for defending them..

U.S. troops and Iraqi guardsmen were outside of a Mosque,defending those within from insurgents and one of the insurgents got through and blew himself up inside the Mosque..

couple killed many injured..crowd goes outside takes gun from Iraqi Guardsman,shoots him dead and continues to fire on the other defenders..I read this in the San Jose Mercury News a few days ago..

whammo!! linkage...http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/05/31/pakistan.deathtoll.ap/

yet another reason to get the **** out of there and stay out..let them take themselves out..or whatever they plan to do,but that seems to be something they are good at..killing EVERYONE!!

EDIT: BTW I am not trying to start any shit, just giving (what I think is) a good reason not to sign up for military service right now..

I can see it right now. All immigrants from Mexico (legal or illegal) will automatically become a US citizen, then they'll all become drafted

Kebean PFC said:
Don't even go there ok? US forces HAVE NOT EVER SHOT A CHILD PURPOSEFULLY. It really bugs me becuase you have no clue what it is like to be in war at all. You say this crap based on what? Nothing nothing at all.

Not in the Gulf War or second Gulf War to public knowledge, but most definately in Vietnam.

But to turn round to every person who wants to be in the military and say "enjoy killing children" is absolutely and utterly disgusting. Soldiers might cause some great attrocities around the world but they are also create stability, save many, many lives and bring peace and hope to entire peoples.

Back