We lost another one, RIP Operational

I actually remember Op's postings here and there. ;(

I'm not here at much as I used to be, but I've still been crying for the last few minutes.

I remember Op posting - he only lived about 30 minutes drive from me when you think about it. Sad to see someone with such potential pass away.

Hell, I might even buy SC2 in his honor.

RIP Operational

beeri.gif

Sorry about the watermark...

OH, NO! Operational was awesome! I am really sad to hear this.

His posts were always interesting and welcome; he was one of my favorites. I remember we had a misunderstanding once and I think because we had so much mutual respect for each other, well, it was cleared up so respectfully and neatly that I felt it made us friends.

Rest in peace, Operational; I miss you already.

QUKss.jpg

I think he would have liked this picture. When I saw it, I immediately thought of him.

Ah ****. Condolences to the family, thoughts to the friends.

He was a good bloke.

RIP, Operational.

Man....... what the shit, man.......RIP.

I definitely recognise him, especially due to the hypnotoad avatar, though I didn't know him as well as the Starcraft II-playing part of hl2.net. Still it is sad to see him go in such a way.

I hope he finds the peace he couldn't find during his life.

Oh my god... no, no no no...

Shit man, I loved Operational, as much as I love any of you guys.

**** why does this have to happen again? God, I'm a mess.

For the love of god, please don't anybody else ****ing kill themselves. Jesus Christ man, this is awful.

RIP, the guy with hypnotoad avatar.

Hey everyone,

I'm the friend of Operational's that taviow talked to today. Honestly, it's... amazing to see how he's touched the lives of so many people, all over the world. You just never know these sorts of things, and I'm glad that taviow was able to talk and find me about it, because it would have been a horrible shame if he'd just gone gently into that good night.

For those who are interested, my eulogy of him can be found through that link (or this link for LJers), and I welcome anyone's comments - I'll make sure that his friends become aware of them if people want.

Weird how you can never know someone until it's too late.

I didn't know him well although I recognize his name/avatar. Very sad :(. Condolences to his family and friends.

I got home from a 21st and just read Kirby's Livejournal entry and I've started to tear up a little again. Op or Steve was a good man and its sad to think of the world without another good person, without another part of the HL2.net family.

RIP Operational

Damn this sucks. RIP Operational. You will be missed.

Oh my, another terrible loss :( I'm still reeling from the loss of Nick...this is such an awful thing :( Operational was well respected and very well known here. It saddens me to hear the troubles he was going through when I'm sure many of us here would have done something to help someone we enjoyed being around. My deepest sympathies to Steve's family.

Shit, man, I hate suicides. There's always a better option and it really pains me down to my very soul when it happens. RIP Operational, I got a couple games in with you and stuff, you'll be missed.

Shit, man, I hate suicides. There's always a better option and it really pains me down to my very soul when it happens. RIP Operational, I got a couple games in with you and stuff, you'll be missed.

Exactly, sad part is also no one really knows whats on the other side of life. I for one would love to see all my old friends and family members and its hopeful to think of an afterlife of some sorts.

I wish we would have known he was so troubled, its possible we could have intervened.

things like this make me wonder how many of the old posters that don't post anymore or people that only have 57 posts and last logged in years ago could actually be dead.

we should set up a party in tf2

I just can't believe it. I remember seeing Operational around a lot when i first joined. I always recognized him from his fantastic hypnotoad av! Now I'll always be looking for it and feeling sad when I never come across it again. RIP, Op, you will be greatly missed. :(

Suicides are always the hardest for me to take in. I remember him posting, and I loved his frog avatar.

I wish we would have known he was so troubled, its possible we could have intervened.

This, very much.

I may be new here, but it's tragic when some one takes their own life. RIP Operational

Didn't know him by anything other than his forum handle but it's still immensely sad.

RIP :(

Oh my, another terrible loss :( I'm still reeling from the loss of Nick...this is such an awful thing :( Operational was well respected and very well known here. It saddens me to hear the troubles he was going through when I'm sure many of us here would have done something to help someone we enjoyed being around. My deepest sympathies to Steve's family.

It's over a year since we got word of bvasgm's death, and I still think about him almost every day. I don't think I could ever forget these guys, unless I literally lose the ability to remember through whatever condition.

I'm sure your mind will forcibly block it all out for you at some point in the future.

Hi everyone, I'm one of Steve's friends from RL and I was directed to this thread by another.

It's really great to read all your comments and remember that Steve had a lot of friends online as well. To be honest, when he died, I didn't think of any of you but I should have tracked you down to let you know like we did with others IRL. For this I sincerely apologise.

Steve was a great friend and I miss him very much. I was one of the last people to see him alive and he never gave anything away of what he was about to do. I wish that he could have talked about what went on inside his head, but as you all know, he was a very private person.

Thanks again for your kind words. I'm sorry I never posted this on HL2.net before to let you know.

Dave.

PS I miss you mate. RIP

Hi everyone, I'm one of Steve's friends from RL and I was directed to this thread by another.

It's really great to read all your comments and remember that Steve had a lot of friends online as well. To be honest, when he died, I didn't think of any of you but I should have tracked you down to let you know like we did with others IRL. For this I sincerely apologise.

Steve was a great friend and I miss him very much. I was one of the last people to see him alive and he never gave anything away of what he was about to do. I wish that he could have talked about what went on inside his head, but as you all know, he was a very private person.

Thanks again for your kind words. I'm sorry I never posted this on HL2.net before to let you know.

Dave.

PS I miss you mate. RIP

Thank you for the post, man. We're an incredibly tight knit community around here and he was one of the family. He will be sorely missed.

Back