Who is your hero in history?

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Other than your parents. :p

So, wiki it, google it, ect. and explain who your hero is. :D
--------------------------------------------------------------

Mine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Park_Chung-hee

Wikipedia said:
Park Chung Hee (1917-1979) was the president of South Korea from 1961 to 1979. He has been credited with the modernization of South Korea through export-led growth, but also criticized for human rights abuses during his extended presidency. He was named one of the top 100 Asians of the Century by Time Magazine (1999).

Park is generally credited as playing a pivotal role in the development of South Korea's economy by shifting its focus to export-oriented industrialization. When he came to power in 1961, South Korean per capita income was only USD 72, and North Korea was regarded as the greater economic and military power on the peninsula because North Korea was industrialized under the Japanese regime due to its geographical proximity to Manchuria and merit in terms of natural resources. During Park's tenure, per capita income increased twentyfold, and South Korea's rural, undeveloped economy was transformed into an industrial powerhouse. Even Kim Dae-jung, one of Park's most prominent opponents during his rule, has retrospectively praised him for his role in creating the modern-day South Korea.

Originally, presidents were restricted to two consecutive terms. However, with the assistance of the KCIA, Park succeeded in amending the Constitution to allow the current president--himself--to run for three consecutive terms. The Yusin constitution was voted in by a national vote with 91.5% agreeing. In 1971, Park squeaked to victory again, this time over Kim Dae-jung.

Just after being sworn in for his third term, Park declared a state of emergency "based on the dangerous realities of the international situation." He then dissolved Parliament and suspended the Constitution. In 1972, he introduced the Yusin Constitution, which dramatically increased his power. Following the Constitution's passage, Park's regime grew markedly more repressive, with the KCIA becoming well-known for detaining and torturing opposition leaders. His leadership was justified by his contributions to economic development and defense from communism and North Korea. Park was reelected to six-year terms in 1972 and 1978, but voting was done by elected representatives and not by the people themselves. The Yusin Constitution effectively made him president for life.

POST! :D

Not as sad as creating threads to pimp Korea.

All the "prophets". I'm athiest. So why? Simple. Because of how well they managed to preserve their names in history.

If I had a dollar for every time I saw someone with that name in a multiplayer fps....

Don't ya know it. Half the people out there just love the movie, but I am one of the few who is not a fag, DreadLord. Thank you very much.:rolleyes:

Don't ya know it. Half the people out there just love the movie, but I am one of the few who is not a fag, DreadLord. Thank you very much.:rolleyes:

I didn't call you a fag. I couldn't care less if you like the man. Just don't put your name as such in a game.

Michael Thornton

Here's his wikipedia article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Thornton

And here's a quote about him from a book of mine.

The last SEAL Medal of Honor recipient was Petty Officer Michael E. Thornton of SEAL Team One. During the evening of 31 October 1972, Thornton was working with Tom Norris during an LDNN operation well behind enemy lines in the north part of South Vietnam. During their action, Tom Norris was horribly wounded when an AK-47 bullet struck him in the side of the head.

In spite of being told that his Teammate was dead, Mike Thornton did the only thing that seemed possible to him at the time: he went back through heavy enemy fire to recover his Teammate's body. No SEAL living or dead had ever been left behind. Everyone in the Teams always came home.

Finding the apparently lifeless body of his Teammate, Thornton lifted up Norris and ran back through enemy fire. In spite of being wounded across his back and legs by an enemy grenade, he ran with Norris as naval gunfire started landing behind them.

When he was blown off his legs by an exploding shell, Thornton was shocked to hear his dead Teammate spedk to him. Norris was alive. Now there was no way that Thornton could leave him behind.

In spite of his own wounds, Thornton carried his Teammate to the sea and swam offshore. In addition to pushing Norris ahead of him, Thornton towed one of the badly injured LDNNs for two hours before eventually being rescued. Even for a SEAL this was an incredible feat of endurance and strength. The Navy and the Congress of the United States agreed and a year later Michael Thornton became the last SEAL to recieve the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War.

Alexander the great. Conquered the known world by the time he was 16

Leo Da Vinci.

He deserved to be born 3 or 4 hundred years later.

Alexander the great. Conquered the known world by the time he was 16

Wrong bitch :p He died around the age of 32, and conquered the known world at around 30.

My Hero - Either Kurt Cobain or...I'm not sure.

APPLESAUCE!!!

applesauce.jpg

Justinian

350px-Byzantium550.png

Byzantine Empire in 550. The reconquests of Justinian are in green.

now thats a man.

Back