North and South Korean Tension

Korean Island Residents Describe Terror
On Wednesday afternoon, 11-year-old Park Sa-bin stood sobbing in the bathhouse that is being used as temporary accommodation for some villagers from Yeonpyeong. He had gotten separated from his mother.

The boy said teachers herded children into civil defense shelters when the firing started. He said he spent hours huddled in the dark fearing for the safety of his father, a South Korean marine sergeant stationed on the island.

"We didn't do anything to them, but they attacked us," said Mr. Park, who was later reunited with his mother. His father remains on duty on Yeonpyeong. "When I grow up, I want to be a soldier, like my dad," he said.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704526504575634282745579128.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

No wonder Nk is doing this it's like SK has a gaping hole where their balls should be,nothing will come of this in fact I think Nk will be rewarded wiith money and aid.

Who is going to reward North Korea with money and aid for this attack?

Oh shit, I forgot this is unozero. Never mind.

So, for years you have been condemning the US for attacking a country without knowing for sure if they were responsible, but here you are, insulting the US for not attacking a country because we weren't sure who was responsible.

you were sure who was responsible and you did retaliate through a proxy read the article

I'm calling him out for saying something stupid; as if the decision to retaliate is as easy as picking up a firearm and rushing the border; there are consequences to actions that we laymen can barely begin to understand. but armchair generals see everything in black and white ..or should I say in 2 coloumns; balls and no balls.

you were sure who was responsible and you did retaliate through a proxy read the article
Did you read the whole thing:
Some in the U.S. government continue to hold that culpability in the Marine barracks attack is undetermined. In 2001, former Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger stated: "But we still do not have the actual knowledge of who did the bombing of the Marine barracks at the Beirut Airport, and we certainly didn't then."
citation

as if the decision to retaliate is as easy as picking up a firearm and rushing the border; there are consequences to actions that we laymen can barely begin to understand. but armchair generals see everything in black and white ..or should I say in 2 coloumns; balls and no balls.
I agree with you on this; I made the point myself, for the record. (summary: " to suggest that they jump in a war without a second thought is retarded.")

7ccbeb39_KKmyM.jpg

Did you read the whole thing:

citation

weinberger also had this to say after the incident:

"U.S. must only use combat forces in a clearly defined mission and only as a last resort."

so according to unozero's logic; no balls

and they knew who was responsible because a group claimed responsibility and in the supposed retaliatory attack that's who was targeted. they just didnt have direct evidence

weinberger also had this to say after the incident:

"U.S. must only use combat forces in a clearly defined mission and only as a last resort."

so according to unozero's logic; no balls

and they knew who was responsible because a group claimed responsibility and in the supposed retaliatory attack that's who was targeted. they just didnt have direct evidence
I think they would say "I know you did it.", even if they weren't 100% sure. It seems there were several groups responsible. Terrorist groups could claim full responsibility to make themselves seem stronger (and to cover for governments, so it isn't 'state-sponsored terrorism'). Iran denied any involvement.

That [citation] is interesting, BTW, if anyone has time.
This is pretty good. I've got to watch all of them now.

nooooo but i like extremely young pussy :'( anyways, back on topic.
Do you know how we know you hotlinked? BECAUSE YOUR IMAGE DIDN'T SHOW UP. :shock: That's right, your post is blank. So, thank you for that insightful contribution. By the way I traced the link and it's pretty funny, though I'm not really sure what's going on in that picture.

Look, forget the chihuahua. Moving on, I seriously don't understand how you think that NK would attack China because they didn't help them fight. What are you talking about? I would guess that NK doesn't have a single weapon pointed at China.

Yes, "dragged into" is absolutely right. Finally, something I agree with. However, at this point, I don't think that China will contest it much if SK attacks NK.

China would rather NK on it's border than the US. Not because we aren't allied (the US and China are deeply tied economically), but because it's a powerful position... China doesn't have bases on a US border.

The chihuahua was used to exemplify the point that no one wants to mess with an unpredictable, uncontrollable and angry country, even if it poses a small overall threat, but let's move on.

No, for the last time I didn't say NK will attack China if China does not help them to fight, that's stupid. But if China abandoned them entirely, that is, cutting off their alliance, then I don't see why NK won't have their weapons pointed at China as well. I don't think NK will attack China if China refused to participate in NK's affairs, but NK will be pretty pissed at China if China abandoned their alliance (cutting off aids and imports)

Fair enough?

No, for the last time I didn't say NK will attack China if China does not help them to fight, that's stupid. But if China abandoned them entirely, that is, cutting off their alliance, then I don't see why NK won't have their weapons pointed at China as well. I don't think NK will attack China if China refused to participate in NK's affairs, but NK will be pretty pissed at China if China abandoned their alliance (cutting off aids and imports)

Fair enough?
Please re-read what you said:
China wants to stay off NK's hit list, so they're letting NK push them around at the moment. I'm pretty sure China would abandon NK if they could, except knowing how unpredictable NK is, who is to say China won't top their hit list if they ever did abandon NK? Heck, NK might just go war frenzy if their major good and aid provider abandoned them.
Here is what that means -

>China is intimidated (push them around) and doesn't want to be a target of NK (stay off hit list).
>China is afraid of what NK will do if they don't help NK (they would abandon NK, but NK is too unpredictable)
>If China doesn't back NK, NK might attack someone, and China might be the prime target. (top their hit list)

I'm not going to be constantly told that I don't know how to read. Why can't you just say "that's not what I meant", or something.

There are far too many players and variables, so I'm done wondering what China or NK is playing at. Obviously, China and SK are sitting pretty (extremely strong economy) and don't want anyone to mess that up.

Every country is looking out for its best interest - wealth, power, and security. And that's as far as an alliance will take you when it comes to crazy players like NK.

The West has many extremely strong allies, and China knows it. All they have is the crazy guy neighbor with an acme remote controlled nuke. NK is trying to become a recognized nuclear power, and that helps China because NK is an arm of theirs.

NK makes an attack on a small civilian fishing village out of the blue and China chalks it up to them being "tough". If China had any intention of getting rid of NK, all they have to do is say the word and the entire world is condemning NK to war. But no. It's China's say, because that's China's chihuahua. So the US will go to the table and say "look, this crazy dog just bit some civilians, put this bitch on a leash before we put this dog out of its misery."

The US would love to take NK out. An up and coming nuclear power on the border of a close ally, finger on the trigger, attacking at random and defying the UN. For the US, it's 'Remove this government now' policy in effect, I would guess. This could be really ugly, but it depends on a lot of players.

Please re-read what you said:

Here is what that means -

>China is intimidated (push them around) and doesn't want to be a target of NK (stay off hit list).
>China is afraid of what NK will do if they don't help NK (they would abandon NK, but NK is too unpredictable)
>If China doesn't back NK, NK might attack someone, and China might be the prime target. (top their hit list)

I'm not going to be constantly told that I don't know how to read. Why can't you just say "that's not what I meant", or something.

I did, you didn't get the memo?

Then you misinterpreted me completely. China will absolutely steam roll NK if they have to, but that doesn't mean they aren't afraid of NK, or the shit they'll be dragged into, or the consequences of everything.

I wouldn't blindly accuse you of misreading, but you just did here, but that isn't important, and I don't want to start a flame war, so my apologies.

And for your first two points, I agree.

The third point however, you didn't get correct. I've repeated so many times already that China not backing NK up in the war has nothing to do with my point. If China does not back NK in the case of the war, it doesn't mean they're not allies. If China abandoned NK however (hence breaking their alliance, which I've reiterated several times), then yes I do believe NK will start pointing their weapons at China as well.

But yes you're right, there are too many variables to know for sure what will actually happen, but I know for sure China wants to avoid a war or being dragged into one or having to support one. And considering NK, it's not surprising if NK declares China as their biggest enemy if China ever decide to sever their alliance. So yes, I believe one of the reasons China is letting NK push them around for the moment is because they do not want to get dragged into NK's shit nor become NK's public enemy No.1.

Fair enough?

Who is going to reward North Korea with money and aid for this attack?

Oh shit, I forgot this is unozero. Never mind.

Do you really think they they are doing these stunts for kicks?
Same thing with holding U.S citizens hostage they only back off or let these people go if they get something out of it through backroom deals with the U.S,China and South Korea.
drop the insulting attitude btw.

We gotta stand with our North Korean allies.

Do you really think they they are doing these stunts for kicks?
Same thing with holding U.S citizens hostage they only back off or let these people go if they get something out of it through backroom deals with the U.S,China and South Korea.
drop the insulting attitude btw.

You do understand that you did not answer my question, correct?

So just to make sure I'm hearing you right, you are saying that BECAUSE North Korea killed 4 South Korean soldiers (a close ally to the United States) along with 2 innocent SK civillians, China and the United States are going to REWARD them with aid?

Why do you think that is?

Well they'll (NK) think it's a reward but the U.S and China only make concessions to defuse the situation....as I pointed out already.
Are you brain dead or is this trying to be witty?

Man, YELLOW BOLD TEXT IN CAPITALS LOOKS DAMN GOOD ON THIS NEW COLOR SCHEME.

Holy SHIT. You're RIGHT.

DAMN.

Anyway, is this like defused or what? I'm not so good at understanding these situations.

DUDE. ALL THESE COLORS ARE AWESOME.

EXCEPT FOR RED.

I overheard some guys talking while at a store today, and one of the guys said he was stationed on/near the border of the DMZ, and that their artillery could easily shoot over the DMZ and just obliterate towns on the other side. Its hard to believe the two nations have been able to keep their cool in such a frightening situation. The amount of crazyness in Numbers seems like nothing when you really think about the situation. America would flip its lid and go completely batshit insane with fear if Canada decided to aim guns at us for years.

Heh, this reminds me. Remember the Cuban Missile Crisis? I actually didn't understand why the US was so upset that Cuba was pointing missiles at her. Perhaps it's because we've had basically the same thing, but for 60 years now.

These crazy mofos actually want to start a war

North Korea places missiles in Yellow Sea
(Reuters) - North Korea has placed surface-to-surface missiles on launch pads in the Yellow Sea, Yonhap news agency reported on Sunday.

It said also the reclusive state had moved surface-to-air missiles near frontline areas.

The reports came as the United States and South Korea began joint military exercises in waters west of the Korean Peninsula in the face of opposition by regional giant China and threats of "consequences" from Pyongyang.

South Korea also ordered residents of an island shelled by North Korea last Tuesday to evacuate to shelters, a Reuters witness said.

"They ordered people here to move to shelters saying there is an emergency situation," the witness said, adding there were no details available.

S. Korea evacuates islanders on signs of N. Korean shelling
SEOUL, Nov. 28 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's military ordered civilians on Yeonpyeong Island to evacuate to shelters, military officials here said Sunday, as signs of North Korea's artillery firing were spotted.

"The emergency evacuation order was issued as of 11:18 a.m.," a military official at the South's Joint Chiefs of Staff said. "The military was also put on high alert."

Signs of North Korean provocations were spotted as sounds of artillery fire were heard, the official said.

The South Korean island was shelled by North Korea on Tuesday. Two marines and two civilians were killed in the North's artillery attack. Most of some 1,700 civilian residents on the island have already left the island, but some 20 residents are still there.

The emergency evacuation order came as Seoul and Washington started large-scale naval drills in a show of force against North Korean aggression.

Evacuation order lifted as of 1:38 PM, local time, btw.

What in the **** does China gain out of a relationship with North Korea other than a buffer zone?

I heard that Chinese media claim it was South Korea who fired first on Tuesday.

BTW, did North Korea got wiped of map info on Google Maps/Earth? I remember looking at Pyongyang some time ago, but now I can't find it because the cities and roads are not marked. Of course I understand we won't get detailed stuff in this case and Google won't drive around in their Streetview van over there, but I'm pretty sure the map contained basic info.

EDIT: Nvm, Pyongyang eventually got marked on Google Earth (I guess it loaded much slower than the surrounding countries), though that's the only thing there is.

I heard that Chinese media claim it was South Korea who fired first on Tuesday.
Lol, right...

2008 in Beijing Olympics:

Child singer revealed as fake
Yang Peiyi was replaced by Lin Miaoke who mimed "Ode to the Motherland" as her face was "not suitable" for the Olympics opening ceremony.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/aug/12/olympics2008.china1

How about age falsification?

2000 Sydney Olympics: Busted cheating; medal stripped

If the Chinese were willing to use an under-age gymnast in Sydney, how believable is it that they would not do the same thing to win a gold medal in front of their own citizens during the 2008 Beijing Olympics? The IOC was just not prepared to rule that the Chinese Olympic Committee would cheat while the IOC members are sitting in the host city.
http://www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?thread=70160

Yang_Yilin_HKPolyU.JPG

225px-He_Kexin.jpg

225px-Deng_Linlin.jpg

You must be 16 to compete in Gymnastics in the Olympics. Do these girls look at least 16 to you?

The New York Times claimed that official media and some official Web sites in China, including that of the State General Administration of Sport, listed Chinese gymnasts' details which indicated that He Kexin, Jiang Yuyuan and Yang Yilin may have been as young as 14. (pictured above)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concerns_and_controversies_over_the_2008_Summer_Olympics

North Korea entered a girl who … she was still losing her baby teeth.

Major verified cases of age falsification

Kim Gwang Suk (North Korea)

Hong Su Jong (North Korea)

Dong Fangxiao (People's Republic of China)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_requirements_in_gymnastics

I mean come on, these guys can't even compete in a sport without lying and cheating. What do you think will be the case when it comes to something like this? Whatever it takes to make themselves look good.

Maybe we should hear what North Korean television might say. "Superior North Korean soldiers valiantly defended themselves..." :LOL:

I smell a big shit torm brewing.

By the way. China's just as bad as North Korea. They just have a bigger budget and a better pr department.

I smell a big shit torm brewing.

By the way. China's just as bad as North Korea. They just have a bigger budget and a better pr department.
You don't know what you're talking about.

China does have a poor record human rights wise, but NK system of concentration camps for family members of 'criminals' where they are tortured and babies kicked to death is incomparable to what China do.

Then again, it isn't a competition.

You must be 16 to compete in Gymnastics in the Olympics. Do these girls look at least 16 to you?

Don't know. Quick, call Vegeta, we need his expert opinion!

You don't know what you're talking about.

China does have a poor record human rights wise, but NK system of concentration camps for family members of 'criminals' where they are tortured and babies kicked to death is incomparable to what China do.

Then again, it isn't a competition.

Like a said. Better public relations.

What in the **** does China gain out of a relationship with North Korea other than a buffer zone?

For them its a relic of the Korean War that they're stuck with - they can't stop supporting the NK regieme or they'd have a bunch of refugees streaming across the border.

Uh yeah, that's entirely plausible.

Have you seen some of the girls I've posted on here?

Even Kathy looks like she could be 16 when she's actually 21.

Don't know. Quick, call Vegeta, we need his expert opinion!

hue

Uh yeah, that's entirely plausible.

Have you seen some of the girls I've posted on here?

Even Kathy looks like she could be 16 when she's actually 21.

Uhhh... she does?

Thing is, SK fired in an area which NK claims belonged to them. Of course, SK practiced their drills in that area several times before NK decided to fire back.

This is like a bunch of kids on the playground

"I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you, I'm not touching you"

then finally the other kid goes *smack*

Back