North and South Korean Tension

what an excellent time to get back from basic training

Well they'll (NK) think it's a reward but the U.S and China only make concessions to defuse the situation....as I pointed out already.
Are you brain dead or is this trying to be witty?

The situation seems defused now, so what did China and the United States give to North Korea in the last few days to defuse the situation? Got any links or anything?

And you are the one saying the the US government will reward NK for what they did, so you probably shouldn't be calling anyone brain dead. And if you think asking you a simple question is being witty then I really don't know what to say to that.

South Korea postpones planned military drills with U.S. on island that North Korea bombed last week
Monday, November 29th 2010, 10:20 AM

So much for getting tough with North Korea.

After declaring that "actions are more important than words," the South Koreans on Monday abruptly postponed military drills with the U.S. on an island the North Koreans shelled last week.

Link

KOMMIE KILLING KOWARDS

I love how you bend over backwards to prove SK are cowards ..as if your country (and by extension you) is the manliest of all like in vietnam when you turnedtail and ran or like in iraq where your little 5-6 months tops invasion adventure is closing in on 8 years with little to no progress. I think it's almost time to turn tail ....

Huh? The article says:

The reason the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff gave for shelving the show of force was that a marine unit on Yeonpyeong Island mistakenly announced them without first getting approval from South Korea's top brass, The Associated Press reported

So this is simply postponed because of a communication error and will probably still happen as soon as that is cleared up.

they only said that because they were covering up their cowardice

KOMMIE KILLING KOWARDS

I love how you bend over backwards to prove SK are cowards ..as if your country (and by extension you) is the manliest of all like in vietnam when you turnedtail and ran or like in iraq where your little 5-6 months tops invasion adventure is closing in on 8 years with little to no progress. I think it's almost time to turn tail ....
Don't treat everyone as the same person as an excuse to talk shit. What Some_God said was perfectly reasonable from any standpoint.

Yeah, America has had some bad results.

In every decade since the Revolutionary War, the United States has been militarily involved somewhere on Earth including, for its first century and a quarter, on the North American continent itself.
(list of dozens and dozens of wars)
In every case, without exception, the U.S. insisted it was acting to further the cause of peace, justice, liberty and, when it remembered, democracy. In every case it was compelled to act in the pursuit of sacred values. As an obscure writer named Michael Ignatieff once put it: The United States is “a global hegemon, whose grace notes are free markets, human rights and democracy, enforced by the most awesome military power the world has ever known.” A Vietnamese or Iraqi could hardly have put it better.

It’s true that some cranky Americans disagree. A tiny minority of self-hating Americans consider most of these interventions to have been immoral, illegal, imperialistic and murderous. Most of us know better. We can make the following statements with 100-per-cent confidence:

» None of these interventions constituted aggression. All were just wars.

» None was to expand the American empire, which doesn’t exist.

» None was to control the wealth of others, including natural resources, especially oil.

» None was to make the world safe for American corporations.

» None was promoted by the American arms industry.

» None was promoted by special interest constituencies in the US.

» None was to spread American hegemony.

» None was initiated by the United States. All were in self-defense.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...permanent-war-for-peace/article1815518/page1/

What is Canada - two for two? Nice win percentage. Congratulations, brave-hearts.

**** yeah, I say we bomb Canada to show President Stern who is boss.

In every case, without exception, the U.S. insisted it was acting to further the cause of peace, justice, liberty and, when it remembered, democracy. In every case it was compelled to act in the pursuit of sacred values. As an obscure writer named Michael Ignatieff once put it: The United States is “a global hegemon, whose grace notes are free markets, human rights and democracy, enforced by the most awesome military power the world has ever known.” A Vietnamese or Iraqi could hardly have put it better.

It’s true that some cranky Americans disagree. A tiny minority of self-hating Americans consider most of these interventions to have been immoral, illegal, imperialistic and murderous. Most of us know better. We can make the following statements with 100-per-cent confidence:

» None of these interventions constituted aggression. All were just wars.

» None was to expand the American empire, which doesn’t exist.

» None was to control the wealth of others, including natural resources, especially oil.

» None was to make the world safe for American corporations.

» None was promoted by the American arms industry.

» None was promoted by special interest constituencies in the US.

» None was to spread American hegemony.

» None was initiated by the United States. All were in self-defense.

Jesus christ Virus, you can't possibly be serious. You don't actually believe any of this bullshit, do you?

Attacking Iraq was self-defense? Getting involved in Vietnam was self-defense? None of those wars were based on outright lies? Special interests such as AIPAC and the neocons did not promote the war in Iraq?

Don't treat everyone as the same person as an excuse to talk shit.

huh? same person wha? some_god's posts in this thread have an underlying "sk are cowards" tone

The United States is “a global hegemon, whose grace notes are free markets, human rights and democracy, enforced by the most awesome military power the world has ever known.” A Vietnamese or Iraqi could hardly have put it better

lol

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...permanent-war-for-peace/article1815518/page1/

What is Canada - two for two? Nice win percentage. Congratulations, brave-hearts.

you do realize canada is part of NATO right?

**** yeah, I say we bomb Canada to show President Stern who is boss.

you're welcome to try. that is if you can even find us :p

you're welcome to try. that is if you can even find us :p

We know how to read a map, Stern.

20101129154053capture.jpg

You're going down.

Wikileaks cables reveal China 'ready to abandon North Korea'

The leaked North Korea dispatches detail how:

• South Korea's vice-foreign minister said he was told by two named senior Chinese officials that they believed Korea should be reunified under Seoul's control, and that this view was gaining ground with the leadership in Beijing.

• China's vice-foreign minister told US officials that Pyongyang was behaving like a "spoiled child" to get Washington's attention in April 2009 by carrying out missile tests.

• A Chinese ambassador warned that North Korean nuclear activity was "a threat to the whole world's security".

• Chinese officials assessed that it could cope with an influx of 300,000 North Koreans in the event of serious instability, according to a representative of an international agency, but might need to use the military to seal the border.

MORE: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/nov/29/wikileaks-cables-china-reunified-korea

Chinese Communist party leaders no longer regarded North Korea as a useful or reliable ally and would not risk renewed armed conflict on the peninsula, according to a secret cable to Washington.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/us-embassy-cables-documents/249870

They're certainly playing the part of a coward.

The least they could have done is destroy the North Korean artillery position that shelled the island.

I really hope China does abandon North Korea. It'll improve their relations with practically the entire world except North Korea and any other dicknose dictator states(Like The United States of America. HAHAHAHA OBAMA IS A DICTATOR GET IT? You conservatives crack me up).

Really, they could use that claim to fame for a long time to come. Though, it's not all that potent since they were basically the ones holding back the rest of the world from dismantling the regime in North Korea.

The least they could have done is destroy the North Korean artillery position that shelled the island.

Being a coward is literally the only reason I can think of for them not to have retaliated.

I stuck up for you because Stern confused you with unozero, but you're on your own this time!

No, it's just a few pages back we spent a couple pages explaining why rash military action isn't really a sign of bravery.

I personally don't think it's cowardice, but rather they don't want to get involved. China is the economic dream right now (unless you are a citizen there), and having a war on its border is surely not in its interest.

The situation seems defused now, so what did China and the United States give to North Korea in the last few days to defuse the situation? Got any links or anything?

And you are the one saying the the US government will reward NK for what they did, so you probably shouldn't be calling anyone brain dead. And if you think asking you a simple question is being witty then I really don't know what to say to that.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-sheet/item/china-calls-for-emergency-talks/korea-tension/

It go either way really but I'm pretty sure NK will promise to dismantle their Nuke program (again) in return they get AID this has been going on for years.The last time we rewarded them for bad behavior is when Clinton (or was it Gore?) went over there to talk in to letting those 2 Journalists go.

Virus I think the main reason why RoK isn't doing anything is because we can't promise them full backing at this time,If could afford it I'm pretty sure we'd tell tehm we got their backs but that's just not possible right now....

Yeah. Howitzers can't destroy the direct-fire coastal artillery because they are heavily, heavily sheltered. So, we have to use SLAM-ER, those guided precision missiles launched by F-15Ks that cost hundreds of millions of won per unit.

But the thing is, those artillery cost, what, around ten thousand dollars a unit? Economically speaking, it would be pretty inefficient.

But yes, I agree that the actions were somewhat cowardly, and the next time, I hope the politicians have the guts to blow up Kim Jong-il's palace like they are promising now. It's a really difficult problem, isn't it? We don't know to what extent we can retaliate without causing them to blow a fuse and go full-berserk mode.

Being a coward is literally the only reason I can think of for them not to have retaliated.

But you know, we did fire back.

"We have full deterrence to destroy our enemies at once," said cabinet newspaper Minju Chosun. "If the US and South Korean enemies dare to fire one shell in our territory and sea territory, they will have to pay for it."
http://www.hindustantimes.com/US-brushes-aside-China-s-call-for-N-Korea-talks/Article1-632537.aspx

Sounds pretty deadly. I wonder how many long range missiles they have and where they are pointed.

OTOH
"If the North commits any additional provocations against the South, we will make sure that it pays a dear price without fail"
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...-for-provocations-s-korea-20101129-18cly.html

So armistice continued then? I don't know if that's going to cut it anymore.

Pretty sure I could take a massive shit on NK and they'd be too gayqueer to do anything about it besides cower under my shit. Just goes to show what a bunch of cocksmoking analtaints they are.

from Monkey's BBC article

Officials reportedly told South Korean counterparts that Beijing placed little value on the North as a buffer state. The peninsula should be reunified under Seoul's control, they suggested

that's a pretty significant stance to take

Don't they have the tech level of ww2 in terms of arms?

No. More like 1960s, for the most part. They've got a few bits of more modern kit (some MiG-29s, a couple hundred tanks comparible to T-72, etc). Thier main issue, from what most open-source intelligence organisations say is that they don't have a great deal of training, particularly in regards to pilots, owing to fuel and ammunition shortages. To be honest though, provided thier long range artillery & rocket systems work and they've got the training to operate them the KPA should be able to do its job of ensuring that any war is very costly for the opposition. Particularly if they make use of thier chemical weapons and the possibility that they can actually make offensive use of thier nuclear weapons (though theres no guarentee of that. Some believe they can't make one small enough to deliver via conventional means, though even in this case there are creative ways in which such a weapon could be used effectivly.).

But in technological & training terms the South completly outclasses them in practically every field.

Yeah, maybe we should get nukes too. I know a lot of politicians here are screaming that we should get nukes, and while I've always believed that the less nukes in the world, the better, sometimes I wonder if nuclear weapons are our only answer to the Northern threat and the Chinese hegemony.

Dec. 1 (Bloomberg) -- China is blocking attempts by the UN Security Council to condemn North Korea over its attack on the South and its nuclear activities, Agence France-Presse reported today, citing unnamed diplomats.

“It is unacceptable to ‘condemn’ or even ‘express concern’ over North Korea,” the agency quoted a diplomat as saying.
China sounds a lot different in the media then they do behind the scenes.

hLQ57.gif

http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison.asp
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-comparison-detail.asp
12 vs 20 should be overwhelmingly in favor of S.Korea.
Bob_Marley said:
But in technological & training terms the South completly outclasses them in practically every field.
Quite simply, this.

Back