North and South Korean Tension

Warped

Reaction score
World News Now
BREAKING NEWS: SOUTH KOREA'S MILITARY CONFIRMS NORTH KOREA FIRES SEVERAL DOZEN ARTILLERY SHELLS.
SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea says North Korea has fired artillery onto an island and into the sea near the western border with South Korea.

A South Korean official says dozens of rounds of artillery landed on Yeonpyeong island. The official says South Korea fired back. The official had no other details.

The firing comes amid North Korea's claim that it has a new uranium enrichment facility.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40329037/ns/world_news-asiapacific/

SEOUL—North Korea fired artillery at South Korea's Yeonpyeong island in the Yellow Sea off the countries' west coast, setting houses on fire. South Korea returned fire, according to residents on the island speaking on South Korea's YTN television network.

A spokesman for South Korea's Joint Chief of Staff confirmed the exchange but didn't have details except to say "scores of rounds" were fired by the North.

The artillery—more than 50 rounds, according to island residents speaking on YTN—was fired from positions south of the North Korean city of Haeju.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703904804575631763523837910.html

wondering if this common or not

I just saw this on the news.

50 arty rounds fired, village and base on fire, casualties unknown, retaliation currently ongoing, residents (or whats left of them) being evacuated.

Man, it would suck so bad to live on that border. If theres ever a full-scale war, its going to be a god damn meatgrinder. Someone needs to take out Kim Jong-il before that crazy son of a bitch starts one.

4 soldiers and 2 civillians were confirmed as casulties, a moment ago.

GL Numbers people. I hope you kick ass and live.

****. Jesus Christ What the ****. The smoky area is where the village used to be.

Haven't I always said that we should have got them before they got us? ****.

EDIT: They're still exchanging fire. Norks have fired more than 150 rounds.

I guess all that brainwashing, shameless promotion and stalwart patriotism over the years will be summed up and tested for you over the next few months, dude.

Numbers. It was nice knowing you.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I really hope their military is eliminated with a quick blow.

If this actually turns into a full scale war and I die, I'd have like 2 regrets:

1. I didn't become an officer

2. I didn't kill more commies

Ok maybe also not having a girlfriend.

****ing commies. McArthur was right; we should have nuked them when we had the chance.

Might still happen, but I'd guess the U.S. and Korea would prefer using a MOAB. It's China's involvement that would scare me.

They've fired over 200 rounds so far; we've fired 240. Casulties still unknown.

Thank god we've been preparing for this for 60 years.

God damn, so this might turn out to be more than just a skirmish? It might've been nice if there was a more time based deterioration of the regime but this way will help the poor NK population get out of the suffering faster...one way or the other. GL to ya comrade.

Exchange fire still continuing. If it escalates, I feel that it would be wise to nuke NK.

They're sending in the Ghosts.

Which reminds me, I'm late for a, uh, meeting.

And now the Spectres are responding... no, wait... they're just sitting around doing drugs. Huh.

The exchange is said to have petered down somewhat. But they're still firing! WTF?

Silly Coyote. Spectres don't exist.

Besides, don't you remember that one line in the hl2.net rules?

HL2.net Citizen's Code of Conduct said:
Spectres don't exist. Discussing them in length will result in infractions and/or Death.

oh shit, is war about to break out? will shit hit the fan?

****, I hope Hong Kong doesn't get dragged into this shit by China.

And I severely hope they do not drop any bombs, that would be ****ing disaster.

You Southers need to glass them.

You make it sound like a bar fight :D

I bet with Kim-Jong il in poor health, near his death bed, he wanted to spark tension and possible war as a final insult to his son Kim-Jong un

I feel SO bad for North Koreans. How many of them secretly want to defect, but don't out of fear? They are the biggest cult in the world. 20+ million brainwashed.

I hope one day the people of North Korea are able to peacefully unite with their brothers in the south in a democratic society. Though I just can't find a path for that in my mind without violence...

I hope casualties are minimal - on both sides.

Be careful Numbers.

It doesn't look like it's going to escalate any further. 1 confirmed KIA marine private.

-North Korea is sending warship toward South Korea, preparing longer range artillery
-South Korea asking UN for advise, F-16 fighter jets awaiting orders

The attack is being deemed intentionally planned by SK defense minister *

BBC says a second Marine is dead, some sources claim PACOM has said that the NK fleet is massing and heading for the maritime border (though this I have not seen any confermation)

tumblr_lcc0lyqlDh1qz5ew6o1_500.jpg

Russia declaring NK attacks unacceptable, great news if Russia were to back SK and the US.

Russia demanding North Korean military preparations cease. They're acting pretty pissed about this, I wonder why.

Numbers, stay safe, good luck and godspeed.

North Korea is now vowing merciless attacks on South Korea, claimed they attacked first. If they continue to prep for attack, I would imagine a preemptive attack from the US so long as permission is granted from South Korea. Cutting the head off might stop it from escalation, EMP/Nuke/MOAB possibly?

Russia is once again claiming "colossal danger" if this continues. I've never seen Russia so involved. Demanding cease fire.

Back