14 year old plays cop for a day

Reaction score
CHICAGO (Jan. 25) - A 14-year-old boy accused of impersonating a police officer and going on patrol has pleaded not guilty.

The teenager appeared in a juvenile courtroom on Monday with his hands cuffed behind his back. A judge ordered that he be held at the juvenile center because he could pose a danger to himself.

On Saturday the teen, wearing an officer's uniform, walked into a police station and was assigned to go on patrol. He partnered with another officer for about five hours.
Assistant Superintendent James Jackson said the ruse was discovered only after the boy's patrol ended. Officers noticed his uniform lacked a star that is part of the regulation uniform.

Police say the boy did not have a gun, never issued any tickets and didn't drive the squad car.

The Rev. Roosevelt Watkins says the boy had lived with him for much of the past year and is fascinated by police work.

Unbelievable.

billhader16ml0.jpg

Seriously for some reason I am reminded of this, even though it doesn't really apply. Well, it does apply in the sense that I imagine the cop who partnered with him knew all along and was just showing him an awesome time.

simply amazing. they should consider the kid for the academy

Great story.
Now tell me what really happend.

well unlike their TV counterparts for the most part police officers arent the brightest segment of the population. Besides their training lasts about as long as it would for someone to get a certificate at one of those hair cutting colleges so it's not like there's a heck of a lot of inside info to know ("here's the real number if you have an emergency: 912", and "you take half the cocaine for yourself and the other half for the evidence room, any cash you find goes to your CO") ...I jest but there's always some truth in most jokes/stereotypes

well unlike their TV counterparts for the most part police officers arent the brightest segment of the population. Besides their training lasts about as long as it would for someone to get a certificate at one of those hair cutting colleges so it's not like there's a heck of a lot of inside info to know ("here's the real number if you have an emergency: 912", and "you take half the cocaine for yourself and the other half for the evidence room, any cash you find goes to your CO") ...I jest but there's always some truth in most jokes/stereotypes

I don't like cops and find them personally dumb. Every time I've ever been around one or was pulled over I could not believe the dumb things that came out of their mouth.

I stalled my car out one time and the cop needed to notify me of that fact, as if I couldn't already tell myself.

Think about if the squad car came across a bank shoot out. What would happen?

The cop car comes under fire from vigilantes...

Cop: KID! TAKE THE GUN UNDER THE SEAT AND SHOOT AT THEM!

Kid: *shivers*

COP: GODDAMNIT, YOU LITTLE SHIT, DO SOMETHIIIIING!

*Bullet goes through cops head...*

Man, what a sucky story.

maybe the cops confused him whit a adult cop that is very short and has kiddy voice

real short cop whit kiddy voice: man what the hell? cant you diferentiate me from a kid you dumbasses?!

maybe the cops confused him whit a adult cop that is very short and has kiddy voice

real short cop whit kiddy voice: man what the hell? cant you diferentiate me from a kid you dumbasses?!

Maybe they thought he was a chick.

The cop car comes under fire from vigilantes...

Cop: KID! TAKE THE GUN UNDER THE SEAT AND SHOOT AT THEM!

Kid: *shivers*

COP: GODDAMNIT, YOU LITTLE SHIT, DO SOMETHIIIIING!

*Bullet goes through cops head...*

Man, what a sucky story.

I think someone just misused the word "vigilante"!!!

you got any basis for those stupid allegations other then your prior felony run ins with cops and your ignorance ?:dozey:

you got any basis for those stupid allegations other then your prior felony run ins with cops and your ignorance ?:dozey:

/me thinks that unozero is a cop, related to a cop, or has the intelligence of cops. I only know of ONE cop who is smart, and he's my friends dad.

What have you people got against law enforcement? To be honest, they're prolly smarter than most of you.

I love how they ONLY noticed because of a missing star, and not the fact that he was basically a kid.

Go US law enforcement. Its time to trim the herd and up the difficulty of those exams they take.

[Edit] I actually know how difficult it is to become a cop these days come to think of it.

But COME ON!

What have you people got against law enforcement? To be honest, they're prolly smarter than most of you.

I have two police officer life long friends, neither are smarter than me or most of the people we grew up with. in fact they're basically the "jock who loves guns/military/authority " types; quick to anger, very little in the way of common sense ..both support the war in iraq but if you ask them why they have no clue except "because they're terrorists"

I'm sorry but intelligence isnt a prerequisite in becoming a police officer ..obviously this does not apply to every police officer however from my experience it covers most of them. besides if you're intelligent chances are you're not going to pick a career that relies mostly on your brawn rather than your mind

/me thinks that unozero is a cop, related to a cop, or has the intelligence of cops. I only know of ONE cop who is smart, and he's my friends dad.

if that's the case then unzero supports my statement that they arent too bright. It doesnt take much effort to run circles around unzero in any debate. a mental giant he is not

Most of our geniuses don't go into Law Enforcement. : |

I think the main reason cops are generally so dumb is because smart cops dont stay cops for long. They move up the ladder and get better paying jobs. Dumb ones remain grunts that have to go out on patrols.

I have two police officer life long friends, neither are smarter than me or most of the people we grew up with. in fact they're basically the "jock who loves guns/military/authority " types; quick to anger, very little in the way of common sense ..both support the war in iraq but if you ask them why they have no clue except "because they're terrorists"

I'm sorry but intelligence isnt a prerequisite in becoming a police officer ..obviously this does not apply to every police officer however from my experience it covers most of them. besides if you're intelligent chances are you're not going to pick a career that relies mostly on your brawn rather than your mind

I see.

I think my different view is because I don't know any police officers that aren't conscripts who were university students here.

Most of our geniuses don't go into Law Enforcement. : |

Heh. One of the hardest universities to get into in Korea is the National Police University. And that's saying a lot.

Of course, NPU graduates don't stay long as the patrolmen, but rather platoon leaders or department chiefs.

Back