Changes.

I personally don't really like reading white text on a black background though, would it be a lot of work to make a lighter-colored variation of the template?

Before the vbulletin upgrade(like 6-12 months ago?) there was this Tan template which I found to be very comfortable to read.

I remember the tan and blue themes. I don't have pictures of what they had looked like, but I vaguely remember them. It's possible. I want to get this sorted before considering anything else though.

I don't really like how much height it uses that way.

It actually doesn't stretch at all, because of the size of the avatar / IM icons.

Frankly I think having it pop up in the form it was in originally (with the dark bg, not the light blue) upon clicking a button (perhaps placed next to the messenger icons) is the best solution. We get to see all the info with the game backgrounds and stuff, without having it intrude upon us until we want it.

HM. Perhaps.

I tried this once upon a time too, but the messenger icons seemed eh, and the left side felt text-heavy.

SteamProfile02.png

Something like this?

Sai1x.jpg

I think reducing the icon sizes alone would be a benefit.

And, it would even look good if it was always open, imo. But I think opening and closing would be a little more impressive.

I really don't like the width being 100%. A fixed width (1000px or so) would be much better IMO. Also, since you guys are messing about the PM limit is still 80.

can someone explain the steam ID thing. I don't really see mine linking up properly

Is your Steam Community ID set properly? I see numbers in your profile. It shouldn't be numbers.

I agree with NL and Vegeta. The steam thing's cool but a bit annoying inside of the post, and the set width is too big. Goin' in a good direction though. Need to fix my Steam ID.

so there where changes? that explains the weird buttons and things

but the manatee on the left side of the screen is for what?

Frankly I think having it pop up in the form it was in originally (with the dark bg, not the light blue) upon clicking a button (perhaps placed next to the messenger icons) is the best solution. We get to see all the info with the game backgrounds and stuff, without having it intrude upon us until we want it.
The button could also change colour depending on your status: Blue, green and grey.

Is your Steam Community ID set properly? I see numbers in your profile. It shouldn't be numbers.

someone all ready had the name Warped, so I set it to a number 111011. anyway it still seems messed up to me :(

Yeah these are terrible, but you already knew that.

someone all ready had the name Warped, so I set it to a number 111011. anyway it still seems messed up to me :(

Go to Settings (at the top of the site) then under My Settings click Edit Profile. Scroll down to Steam Community ID and enter 111011 in the box.

Go to Settings (at the top of the site) then under My Settings click Edit Profile. Scroll down to Steam Community ID and enter 111011 in the box.

I've had it set on there before our website conversion and it worked fine with the proper link. I've tried it many a times and it still doesn't work :(

Cool shit. But have you considered doing something a little more subtle like some imageboards do? I know FightingAmphibians has fantastic steam implementation.

I think a better location for the steam thing would be to the left of the Join Date stuff.

Without having read anything else in this thread, let me say that the steam thing where it is is distracting and annoying when I get to the far right of a post. It breaks my concentration!

It also overlaps the quote bubble which is kind of annoying as well. Doesn't look too good when it happens.

I want my ****ing blue theme back. :frown:

I wish I could ban everyone who posted without having read the previous posts in this thread.

I'll respond to everyone else and mess with more things in a couple hours when I get to work.

I wish I could ban everyone who posted without having read the previous posts in this thread.

I'll respond to everyone else and mess with more things in a couple hours when I get to work.

And I wish the steam thing would go away! Or at least moved to a better spot. Like where the MSN thing and everything was... which I don't even notice anymore.

I really don't like the width being 100%. A fixed width (1000px or so) would be much better IMO. Also, since you guys are messing about the PM limit is still 80.

If you bothered to read, there is going to be a fixed with option too.

And I do not have the ability to change the PM limit (I think only Munro does). And I'm not going out of my way to track him down and ask him to do it, because it really is such an absurd request, and no one else on the forums cares about it.

You should be able to use the Steam Community ID (17 digits) or the STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXXX format instead. This site - http://steamidfinder.com - should be able to pull up the second option.

Cool shit. But have you considered doing something a little more subtle like some imageboards do? I know FightingAmphibians has fantastic steam implementation.

Something like that is the plan, though probably not as detailed as theirs.

I said to the left of Join Date! Unless that's not possible, I understand some formatting can be a bitch.

And I wish the steam thing would go away! Or at least moved to a better spot. Like where the MSN thing and everything was... which I don't even notice anymore.
You could just delete your entry in options to get rid of it. Then you can be as skinny as me!

Getting rid of your own link to Steam isn't really going to help much. For those who want it hidden everywhere, I recommend using Adblock for Firefox or Chrome. Just right click it and block it.

I'm keeping it shown though because I want to see what Yorick does with it.

I prefer it under the join date where it is now, even if it does stretch things a little.

Yeah, like I had in my mockup, it should stay on the right there, but move the other info under the username and put the messaging icons over on the right.

The way it is now stretches that top bar quite a bit, though I wouldn't mind leaving it like that as long as we got bigger avatars.

You're not getting bigger avatars.

Yeah, like I had in my mockup, it should stay on the right there, but move the other info under the username and put the messaging icons over on the right.
I find myself agreeing with Vegeta more and more recently. It's a worrying trend.

I've moved it out of the posts while I decide exactly what to do with it (and do all the potentially damaging testing on my own board). I'm going to replace the images to make them darker for the moment now too.

I'll probably leave them where they are now, more or less, but remove the avatars and some of the extra spacing to make them not stretch the top quite so much.

In the meanwhile, if you notice anything else that seems a bit off, do let me know. Today I'll be doing the Calendar, and New Posts link for Higlac. I also will see about smaller Messaging icons, including better ones for Skype.

New colour is better! Just a reminder: You left the minimum post size even though you took the Steam community box out of the posts.

Now everybody will hate Oliver, omigosh Pi you're a genius.

Obviously not done just yet, but I did shrink the SteamProfile bit some more. Working on the Calendar now but it's being a douchebag.

I assume some heavy maintenance went on while the site was off. Everything is completely screwed up for me.

I assume some heavy maintenance went on while the site was off. Everything is completely screwed up for me.

I would love to say "yes", but I have no idea why the site was off. What is screwed up for you? Everything looks okay on my end.

Back