Deus Ex Human Revolution

What mission is it/how do you get the mission?
There's a black prostitute hanging out on a corner with a bunch of other ones. I think they're by the north-most downtown apartments. She's an undercover cop though, and will ask for your help with stuff.

Still waiting for my copy to unlock.

Also pondering buying an extra copy of the Augmented Edition for the 360 so that I have the game in physical form as well with the art book and all.

My new favourite gun is that concussion rifle. Found it when I raided the armory in the police station. Can take out groups of enemies at once but only knocks them out :D. Low ammo though.

Also, discovered you can blind fire the stun gun from cover if enemies are real close. Works wonders when someone is looking for you.

EDIT: Well, my experience with Gamestop seemed to go much smoother than others. Said it was a manufacturing error and gave me a code over the phone.

Zavvi despatched mine yesterday. Goddamn, it better be here tomorrow.

They also despatched something for me on Tuesday and it didn't come today. Eek!

Uh don't forget this probably hurts the company that made the game some too.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that it will hurt the developers and the people not involved, but I don't care about the publishers so much. The customer is first, and when you deliberately steal something from the customer that they paid 60 dollars for, there should be consequences. The publishers shouldn't have done the sneaky exclusive mission pack shit with Gamestop in the first place; if you break up content like that so everyone can't have the full game, I have very little sympathy when it backfires on you. Even more so you shouldn't be opening something someone else bought and stealing it from them.

What bothers me most is that right now nothing is being done about it, what Square should be doing right now is giving out the Explosive Mission Pack Codes (Those are the ones that are gamestop exclusive) to anyone who has it registered on steam. And yeah, I know that would screw over Gamestop's entire selling point for the exclusive content, but whatever, that's what happens when you do unethical business.

New patch just went live. Should fix a lot of the major issues hl2.netters have been getting.

This latest patch addresses:
-A frequent issue for AMD/ATI hardware users that can cause the game to crash on startup.
-Improvements to loading speed. The speed increase depends on machine spec and settings, but loading time improvements of over 50% have been measured on some machines.

Some control fixes:
-Diagonal movement is no longer faster as intended.
-Adjustments have been made to mouse sensitivity in response to user feedback.
-Mouse sensitivity for X and Y axis can still be configured separately, but is now consistent when set to default settings.
-The range of settings for mouse sensitivity has been adjusted to provide for more accurate adjusting.
-The default mouse sensitivity has been altered to be somewhat less sensitive

So the big differences between Tranq and Crossbow-

Tranq is non-lethal, Crossbow is lethal, obviously. However, crossbow allows the victim to scream before they die, which attracts allies to their position. Haven't played around with it enough but from what I've read and played it seems like the crossbow is good for setting "traps" by attracting other guards to another location (where someone has died).

I felt the Tranq was a bit easy mode, dunno if I'll keep using it; seems just like the stun gun but long range, so it's really powerful.

I havent killed a single person so far, besides the first guys in the intro level where you only get a combat rifle. So the Tranq rifle is my tool of choice. I dont know if it can be considered easy mode, since anything but a headshot wont knock them out quickly, and its not very accurate. Plus they can hear the darts hitting the wall behind them and get alerted. I just got the pep gun though, and holy shit its awesome for my non-lethal style. And making concussion proximity mines is fantastic. Love me some traps. Plus it saves on inventory space, since for some reason mines stack while grenades don't.

Yeah I can totally understand the tranq on a non-lethal playthrough. I think I might get the tranq and crossbow and ditch the silenced pistol, which is ridiculously accurate and easy to kill with. Maybe I am just tired of silenced pistols in video games.

New patch just went live. Should fix a lot of the major issues hl2.netters have been getting.

Awesome, the game just loaded up in what seemed like less than half the time it usually took.

I havent killed a single person so far, besides the first guys in the intro level where you only get a combat rifle. So the Tranq rifle is my tool of choice. I dont know if it can be considered easy mode, since anything but a headshot wont knock them out quickly, and its not very accurate. Plus they can hear the darts hitting the wall behind them and get alerted. I just got the pep gun though, and holy shit its awesome for my non-lethal style. And making concussion proximity mines is fantastic. Love me some traps. Plus it saves on inventory space, since for some reason mines stack while grenades don't.

No deaths so far, besides a boss. I just sneaked by all the guys in the intro.

This is the only positive aspect of regional releases: not having to bother with launch bugs. Good thing the loading times are speeded up.

helplife2.net - do i go out and get this tomorrow even though a) i am headway into la noire and muchly enjoying it and b) my girlfriend is coming down for 8 days on sunday.

i do quite fancy just strolling into town tomorrow and getting it on a whim...

Well, that's what I'm going to do even though I haven't finished LA Noire either, kinda lost interest in it.

Does anybody know how inventory management and weapon selection is on the consoles? I would buy it on the PC but that sadly isn't an option in my current situation.

thing is, i really don't want to put la noire down because in the last year i've put both dead rising 2 and fallout new vegas down because of other games coming along and taking the limelight. i want my moneys worth! also like i said, i'm really enjoying it.

Man, the load times for this game suck...

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to check if you have killed a single person in the playthrough? By chance I checked an enemy I knocked out with the tranq and he was registered as dead, so now I'm super paranoid.

EDIT: Also, I made a turret hostile in the first mission by accident. Does that count as activating an alarm? No actual alarm went off IIRC.

thing is, i really don't want to put la noire down because in the last year i've put both dead rising 2 and fallout new vegas down because of other games coming along and taking the limelight. i want my moneys worth! also like i said, i'm really enjoying it.
Then you don't need Deus Ex now, it can be hard to convince your brain of that though.

I havent killed a single person so far, besides the first guys in the intro level where you only get a combat rifle.

I did this too. After the very first encounter with the two guys, though, I stopped being retarded and just sneaked past everyone instead of shooting.

Still ruined the achievement, though.

Game's finally unlocked for me, now to play it for five minutes before sleeping.:(

It just arrived, the augmented edition packaging is so nice!

I did this too. After the very first encounter with the two guys, though, I stopped being retarded and just sneaked past everyone instead of shooting.

Still ruined the achievement, though.

Sneaking past everyone is lame. I knock everybody out. I figured there'd be some kind of achievement for not killing anybody, which I broke in the first part. But whatever, this is me giving a **** about achievements.

Oh, and one thing I was really happy about was the fact that you can backtrack a long ways, without the game arbitrarily locking doors in your path to prevent you from doing so. For example in the first part of the game when you need to
rescue the hostages
I realized that I had just walked right past them while sneaking around. I was able to go back almost from the very end of the mission and complete that part of it. That made me happy, and left a really good initial impression.

I've just played through the intro section. The game runs just fine, except for a freeze after the starting titles. Apparently that patch fixed the long loading times, because I didn't have any problems with them. I can't say much about the sneaking yet. I thought you had to gun down everyone in the prologue, with all the alarm bells ringing and all. Oh well, I actually enjoyed the gunplay in combination with the cover mechanics. Can't wait to really dive into this game tomorrow and the rest of the weekend.

Loving it so far, up to the first mission without killing anyone in the prologue.

They let me change the FOV! I feel like buying a second copy just to say thank you.

Has Steam autopatched it? I haven't noticed mine updating.

It updated earlier for me, after I had to restart my PC because my power cable burst into flames because of how ****ing great this game is.

**** I love this game
so many little (and big) things that make me :D and :O

Just finished the game. Pretty good stuff. Endings were a little underwhelming but with 26 hours of buildup you can't expect too much I guess. I screwed up a side quest because I went beyond a point of no return that I didn't expect. The quest itself doesn't help in the matter either. I kind of figured it would be around 30 hours and I did pretty much everything that I could do leaving me at 26 hours. It's pretty thorough though. I guess that's all I'll say right now.

Has Steam autopatched it? I haven't noticed mine updating.

It patched it for me at 4pm EST, right before I posted about it. It was actually a small download not even 13Mb, so you may not have noticed it. I just happened to be looking at my screen when I saw the pop up say it finished.

If not for Red Orchestra 2, I'd be willing to say this is the best game out in the past couple years. It has everything I wanted in a DX game so far, and has completely nailed the atmosphere of the first one. Right down to the awkwardly flying helocopter animations.

Samon, if you're still watching this thread, I really do recommend not pulling a typical Samon with this game, and give it a shot. I think you'd be surprised by it.

It patched it for me at 4pm EST, right before I posted about it. It was actually a small download not even 13Mb, so you may not have noticed it. I just happened to be looking at my screen when I saw the pop up say it finished.

If not for Red Orchestra 2, I'd be willing to say this is the best game out in the past couple years. It has everything I wanted in a DX game so far, and has completely nailed the atmosphere of the first one. Right down to the awkwardly flying helocopter animations.

Samon, if you're still watching this thread, I really do recommend not pulling a typical Samon with this game, and give it a shot. I think you'd be surprised by it.

How's it not better than a game that's not out yet? You can't judge on speculation it's against the rules of engagement.

Also that patch made things load way too fast. First time I loaded back in after it, it loaded before I could read that little "recap" thing that they put on the first load screen. Can't imagine how fast it is on a good computer. I wrote up a review for GMG for my quarter. It'll probably be on there tomorrow but will be flooded out by 50 reviews that are comprised of a single run-on sentence so people can obtain their quarter for no effort.

A voice on the wind told me that disabling vsync decreases load times even further, if there's even any need for that now.

Best game I've played since S.T.A.L.K.E.R., before that System Shock 2, before that Deus Ex.

I'm pretty much an asshole elitist that is not impressed by much, and I am loving every minute of this game so far.

10 hours in so far according to Steam, doing some exploring and all side missions I can find, and the story is just getting underway as far as I can tell.

Samon and Barnz are mad inside that this game is amazin.

the only thing holding me back from going across town and getting this is that i don't want to/can't afford to pay 40 quid for this right now. i'm going to wait till it drops to about 20 quid on amazon in two or three weeks.

Yeah, I definitely can't afford it myself. Moreover, I'm not sure my computer can run it. I have to reformat and find out. Which occasions two questions: is there a demo available, and might it in the end be better to get it on my housemate's PS3 when we move in?

Yeah, I definitely can't afford it myself. Moreover, I'm not sure my computer can run it. I have to reformat and find out. Which occasions two questions: is there a demo available, and might it in the end be better to get it on my housemate's PS3 when we move in?

I don't think they optimized this game very well, or maybe it's just not happy with my ATI card. I can run the Space Marine demo perfectly at 1920x1200 on high with 60fps, but HR stutters every so often. It's annoying, but not unplayable, and my computer is pretty good.

Back