Deus Ex Human Revolution

I don't even mind there are boss fights
they're just badly designed, it reminds me of alpha protocol
like I never have to guess when there is going to be a boss fight
one of them gave me a heavy rifle right before going into an objective
come the **** on

Please tell me you're joking. My x-axis isn't in direct proportion with the y-axis. High dpi induces mouse lag with a hefty amount of skipping.

Did you try disabling Vsync?

I don't even mind there are boss fights
they're just badly designed, it reminds me of alpha protocol

I liked the first boss fight, though that might be because I've been playing though not killing anyone, so I wasn't exactly equipped to deal damage at the time. It was fun working out a strategy to get what I needed to kill him.

So confusing, so they give you a second copy (code) of Deus Ex:HR for purchasing Deus Ex:HR?

I bought the augmented edition from gamestop first minute the store opened, and the game was sealed, I don't see an onlive code.

Woo, game has been sent today, so maybe I'll actually get to play this weekend.

BTW does anyone have an idea how big the first part of the game up until the first boss (so the part that was given to journalists and later leaked) is, percentage wise? I heard that it's around 1/3 of the game, but that could've just been someone's guess.

Woo, game has been sent today, so maybe I'll actually get to play this weekend.

BTW does anyone have an idea how big the first part of the game up until the first boss (so the part that was given to journalists and later leaked) is, percentage wise? I heard that it's around 1/3 of the game, but that could've just been someone's guess.

From what I remember the leak was about six to eight hours to play through, and the full game is supposedly somewhere between twenty and thirty hours, so the 1/3 makes sense.

These load times are killing me. Like ZT said to me, if makes me not really want to goof around or play with choices at all.

I can't believe Gamestop has the audacity to remove something from the retail box and sell it as new. I haven't shopped there in many years and am definitely never going to consider shopping there again.

That is so disgusting, I would ask for my money back immediately if my package was opened and anything removed; that's ****ing theft. I normally refuse not shop there, I hate everything that company represents; but I gave into pressure (shamefully) because of the unfair unlockables the Augmented Edition had restricted in the US (In Europe you can purchase the Aug Edition anywhere and still get the additional mission, etc)

When I picked up my game yesterday morning I was reminded why I hate that company, some of the most superficial and unsubtle trained employees.

*Me pulls out prepurchase receipt*

"Don't you have a gamestop card?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I have enough cards in my wallet."

"Well you actually don't have to carry the card! Whats your email address? Don't worry we wont send you promos or anything like that!"

*Me tells her email address I don't use so she shuts up*

"Are you interested in prepurchasing any other PC titles? There is a lot coming out this year."

"No."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

*Woman hands me Regular Edition of Deus Ex: HR*

"I ordered the Augmented Edition"

"Oops! Here you go! Oh and one more thing, make sure to fill out our survey online, we really need it, for some reason we have been getting reviews saying we are mean or something! I don't know why!"

*Me does takedown on woman and drags body into Gamestop Closet*

You should fill out the survey though and slam them for doing this. Not that it helps much, but at least it is a way to vent.

You should fill out the survey though and slam them for doing this. Not that it helps much, but at least it is a way to vent.

Being in a high pressure sales job, I know she's just doing the minimum to keep her job. All that would do would be her job in jeopardy and make the pressure even higher for them to push their stupid pre-order bullshit.

If I bought the augmented edition at gamestop should it register online as the augmented ed on steam? Or is that not the way it works...

and what's all this about an extra mission?

If I bought the augmented edition at gamestop should it register online as the augmented ed on steam? Or is that not the way it works...

and what's all this about an extra mission?

I thought you didnt live in the States? If not it shouldnt matter where you get the Aug Edition. It will register as the aug edition on steam and also you type in a promo code that comes with the receipt for the mission.

The extra mission includes an appearance of Tracer Tong, who is a main character in the first game. "Jay-Seeeee, we'll live in villagesss"

I can't get past the first mob of enemies with the shitty mouse handling. Yes Vsync is off, it should always be off.

Being in a high pressure sales job, I know she's just doing the minimum to keep her job. All that would do would be her job in jeopardy and make the pressure even higher for them to push their stupid pre-order bullshit.

Complaining about the policy wouldn't put her job in jeopardy.

The load times aren't too bad for me, I've saved/loaded several times to get things to happen the way I wanted. Mouse handling is fine for me too using the MX518.

Oh, and ZT, I found that F5 is quicksave, weird that its not listed in the controls menu.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I had my copy of the regular edition reserved at the Gamestop near me because I am fairly tight with two of the guys that work there. Picked it up tonight at ~7:15 and it was sealed and brand new as ever. They said a few people had mentioned the removal email to them but they never got one. Mind you, it is not like its the Gamestop in Times Square, so maybe this is just a small enough store to get the email later or not at all? Either way, the guys working there tonight agreed that it is such a bullshit dick move to open people's packages and remove something which is rightfully theirs and then try to sell it as brand new. Utter BS. I will be installing shortly--it sounds like people are digging it which is nice. :)

I thought you didnt live in the States? If not it shouldnt matter where you get the Aug Edition. It will register as the aug edition on steam and also you type in a promo code that comes with the receipt for the mission.

The extra mission includes an appearance of Tracer Tong, who is a main character in the first game. "Jay-Seeeee, we'll live in villagesss"

but it didn't register as the augmented edition on steam :(

...and I have no such code on my receipt...

Jesus, I got completely boned. Gonna raise high ****ing hell at GS tomorrow. HOLY ****ING HELL. Not even joking, haha. I won't leave the store until I get my money back in cash. Opened the game, key registers regular version of game despite buying aug edition (they obviously just tampered with it, threw in a regular copy manual while removing the Onlive codes, now they ****ing removed all the Onlive.

They're already in trouble for this bullshit.

Jesus, I got completely boned. Gonna raise high ****ing hell at GS tomorrow. HOLY ****ING HELL. Not even joking, haha. I won't leave the store until I get my money back in cash. Opened the game, key registers regular version of game despite buying aug edition (they obviously just tampered with it, threw in a regular copy manual while removing the Onlive codes, now they ****ing removed all the Onlive.

Was your package opened? Also, does the box actually say its the augmented edition?

Just in case anyone is wondering, I had my copy of the regular edition reserved at the Gamestop near me because I am fairly tight with two of the guys that work there. Picked it up tonight at ~7:15 and it was sealed and brand new as ever. They said a few people had mentioned the removal email to them but they never got one. Mind you, it is not like its the Gamestop in Times Square, so maybe this is just a small enough store to get the email later or not at all? Either way, the guys working there tonight agreed that it is such a bullshit dick move to open people's packages and remove something which is rightfully theirs and then try to sell it as brand new. Utter BS. I will be installing shortly--it sounds like people are digging it which is nice. :)

So did your version have the code?

FYI, I'm pretty sure they have equipment in-store to reseal games. Makes the shit they peddle used more presentable.

I had this problem too. Gonna call Gamestop tomorrow and ask whats going on.

The augmented edition is about twice as thick as a regular game case. You sure you dont have regular?

Yes. It says aug and is twice and thick and includes the hard plastic overcase and artbook. I'm absolutely positive. Gamestop took out the Onlive code and it looks like replaced my manual with a normal version and completely omitted my secret mission receipt code.

After taking a break I tried the boss again and beat 'them' on the first try.

It sounds like no one in the US is playing that bonus mission.

The bonus mission was registered on Steam for me, so it must have worked out for some people. I wonder if it was because I was there right when the door opened.

I can't find the damn crossbow. People tell me its behind the big "Fragile" boxes across from your apartment, but it's not there. I've been holding out on buying the tranq gun to see which is better. Anyone try both of them? What's the difference? Is one significantly better?

Which crossbow, the one for the mission? Theres a trash heap inside of a building, in the hallway, near the big crates piled up to block the way. If you have the mission it should show up on your map exactly where it is.

Well the tranquilizer rifle is horrible I can tell you that much... I've never bothered with the crossbow.

How is the tranq rifle terrible? I've used it exclusively this whole time, with melee as my close range attacks.

BTW, anyone figure out how to skip the ****ing logos when you start the game?

Got my $63 refunded and still have a Steam game. Can't complain... got a $50 game free!

Thanks for being a butt****ing stupid company, Gamestop. I hope you go out of business!

Icarus Landing System is a must. Uses no energy consumption, very handy for avoiding that unforgiving fall damage. Also you can do take downs with them, but I haven't tried yet.

Which crossbow, the one for the mission? Theres a trash heap inside of a building, in the hallway, near the big crates piled up to block the way. If you have the mission it should show up on your map exactly where it is.

What mission is it/how do you get the mission?

Got my $63 refunded and still have a Steam game. Can't complain... got a $50 game free!

Very nice. I encourage anyone else who got screwed over to do this.

Very nice. I encourage anyone else who got screwed over to do this.
Looks like Square is basically excusing it =/, we'll see what happens. But yeah, I encourage folks to try - keep asking to talk to managers, etc.

Uh don't forget this probably hurts the company that made the game some too.

Back