Deus Ex Human Revolution

Did you watch past the credits? I hope you didn't skip them...

Yeah? The part with Bob Page talking to Megan? Why do you think I mentioned that in my post lol.

I wonder: when you return to Detroit late in the game and you walk into your apartment...

during the cut-scene the "apartment voice" says you've got new messages, to which Jensen responds "seems that's not the only thing I have". But after the cut-scene, when I check my computer there are no new messages. Is this normal?

Also, it seems I missed out on a sidequest :|

I didn't convince Sarif to tell me more earlier in the game (apparently I'd learn some backstory etc.) and so after returning to Detroit, Pritchard didn't contact me with an alternative to Sarif's quest.

Problems with the second boss:
What is the point in electrocuting the water? As far as I can tell there is nowhere in the room you can stand where the water doesn't just electrocute you too and kill you (with 150 health it brings me down to less than twenty so I can only do it once without dying, even when my health recharges to 100). Even with the high-jump aug I can't jump up to anywhere to stand to avoid it.

What is the point in electrocuting the water? As far as I can tell there is nowhere in the room you can stand where the water doesn't just electrocute you too and kill you (with 150 health it brings me down to less than twenty so I can only do it once without dying, even when my health recharges to 100). Even with the high-jump aug I can't jump up to anywhere to stand to avoid it.

By then, if you went a certain path your augs(a generally worthless path) you could have electricity invulnerability. She doesn't.

Yeah? The part with Bob Page talking to Megan? Why do you think I mentioned that in my post lol.

acepilotf14_1314873261.png

It takes out her cloak and stuns her. You can't avoid it, and that's the trade off. I used it twice against her to bring her down. Just popped a hypostim when My health decreased too far.

Idunno, I thought maybe you had figured it out on your own, since it seemed like you weren't sure if that was what happened.

So I'll continue my recap. This goes as far as the start of the fourth (I think?) hub area and I think it may also be the final one judging from what's already been said in the thread.
So I went through TYM without much fuss. Again going for minimal kills route. I found the emails declaring it illegal to have more than four emails in your inbox pretty amusing. Makes perfect sense!

It was pretty obvious the CEO was lying. Jesus Christ Jensen everyone was constantly calling her the Queen Bitch over and over! Anyway after she went into her panic room and the guards were gathered around in a nice little circle I was just able to toss a gas grenade in the middle of them and knock all bar two of them out at once. Made the fight a little too easy :p. Also gas resistance is occasionally useful. A guy tossed one back at me and I was just able to ignore it.

Then in Montreal. Obvious trap and then it was pretty obvious from anyone who's watched enough bad sci-fi films that the TV host woman thing was an AI the moment she started talking. I didn't restrain myself from killing the grunts in the secure section of the tower though. Red and black uniform = acceptable targets as far as I'm concerned. I did use stealth though, snuck up to the security control panels and turned the bots against them. Pretty funny to watch the bots get headshots for me.

That boss was annoying as shit. I eventually got her using a shitload of mines (frag and EMP) a heavy rifle and the use of three ****ing shots of the drug that gives you an extra 50 health. I was tempted to upgrade to Typhoon to deal with her but I didn't bother.

Back to Detroit. Didn't kill anyone in the city during my quest. Confronted Taggert in the middle of his speech and got him to give me his aide's address. I take it the alternative option is to break into his computer? Snuck through the secret base (Zeke didn't seem to happy to see me again, so I punched him in the face) and bought cloaking specifically to walk through the lasers without having to deal with the purity first thugs. Talked the guy out of his suicide and then finished the mission and flew off back to Hengsha.

Of course I did the sidequests. The one where you have to find the guy with the bomb (finally got a silencer for my pistol for that and I bought a laser sight off the arms dealer for it, meaning I have all three major upgrades). I also did the digging up on Jensen's past. I'd already figured out there was something crazy about him (I talked Sarif into giving me some of the emails earlier and there were other hints) but I didn't think explicit genetic engineering was going to come into this. I thought it was going to be something about nanotechnology. Interested to see where it goes.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. That guy who was being blackmailed earlier and who I went and punched the blackmailer in the face for to get the footage back for him showed up at the hotel lobby with a gun, saying it was my fault he got fired. Ungrateful bastard. Obviously I punched him in the face and took his gun. Speaking of the lobby, I assume you all read your own emails in the apartment? About the mirror being backended? If you hack the lobby computer there's an email from the mirror company saying it's been in a warehouse for four weeks and if they don't confirm the order it's going to be shipped away again. Bastard hotel manager!

I also bought out every Paraxis kit in the LIMB clinic again before heading off back to Hengsha. Quite a mess there when you land. Must deal with that tomorrow!

Edit: I realised sometime later it wasn't the blackmail guy who tried to kill me, but the cop I talked into letting me into the station. Guess I should remember my former squadmates.

Finally finished it.

I didn't like the quantum computer AI with the female drones thing. It looked like something out of Quake 4 or something. In other words something that doesn't really make sense but put there for the sole purpose of being shocking/disgusting.

As for the choice at the end. I picked Sarif's transmission, although I still felt uneasy of the whole "corporations free to experiment with human evolution" bit. However it still felt like a better option than choosing Darow's transmission, exposing everything, and risking the second Dark Ages.

Oh and on the third boss. I made the mistake of getting the updated implant, and when I got to the boss fight, all my abilities were disabled. I died a few times until I remembered, hey I've got a ****ing rocket launcher. Blasted him 3 times with that and he was done, fastest boss fight ever.

Current DLC rumor below.. spoiler warning for the main game!

Remember that moment in the game, when Adam decided to randomly FedEx himself to the next mission via a cargo container? Rumor has it that the DLC will come in the form of a lost chapter, fitting inside the two day blackout. Adam will wake up, mess around on the ship for a while, before going back to sleep and rejoining the main plot again. This may be because the communication blackout means they only need to get Adam's voice actor back. It sounds a little dull if true, but more information is rumored to appear over the weekend.

The source on this information is the mini-ARG they ran this week, along with some external mutterings on VG247, so nothing is confirmed yet.

Image from ARG: http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-what-is-the-missing-link.jpg

Current DLC rumor below.. spoiler warning for the main game!

Remember that moment in the game, when Adam decided to randomly FedEx himself to the next mission via a cargo container? Rumor has it that the DLC will come in the form of a lost chapter, fitting inside the two day blackout. Adam will wake up, mess around on the ship for a while, before going back to sleep and rejoining the main plot again. This may be because the communication blackout means they only need to get Adam's voice actor back. It sounds a little dull if true, but more information is rumored to appear over the weekend.

The source on this information is the mini-ARG they ran this week, along with some external mutterings on VG247, so nothing is confirmed yet.

Image from ARG: http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-what-is-the-missing-link.jpg

Sounds kind of dumb and weird. One thing that bothered me is that he was able to wake up and exit the cargo container on his own, I was hoping maybe a scientist would be inspecting the bodies in the cargo containers and while he was examining Adam, Adam would grab him and put him in a chokehold and have to escape to safety. Something like that container would surely have a lock on it and also put you to sleep; so it makes even less sense if he's able to wake up and open the container freely twice. Idk /rant

Zhao is even easier when you convince Darrow to give you the code. I simply entered that, watched the glass break, ran away for the electric shock, and after that ran back to Zhao to headshot her. Took me about two minutes max.

Yeah I got the code too. He was definitely the toughest conversation to win. In my confusion I stumbled upon the panel for the code. The glass didn't break for me automatically I had to shoot it (not with a plasma gun) and do all the work. For some reason the electric floor never hit me. I don't know if I just lucked in to it or it bugged out. I disabled something from one of those computers as well I was to panicked to see.

Apparently I'm a page behind...

The DLC sounds kind of weird but I'll be first in line no doubt. I didn't quite understand the whole cargo container aspect of it at all but I definitely would be interested in learning about it and new gameplay. I was kind of just assuming Jensen would just hide in a container or something then bust out when it stopped. I also missed a sidequest returning to detroit it seems. I really blazed past that part in retrospect. I won't have internet access for about a week and a half because of a move and my cable company being entirely inept and with the long weekend I'm probably going to replay the game on hard mode.

I also didn't electrify the water for the second boss. I just ran up to her and shot her with a stun gun then blasted her with a combat rifle in the face. I only did that fight twice. The first time I didn't even know what was happening. However that chick was really hot. I felt bad for killing that hotness... can't even remember her having a single word of dialogue.

Something like that container would surely have a lock on it and also put you to sleep; so it makes even less sense if he's able to wake up and open the container freely twice. Idk /rant

That container most likely does keep people in suspended animation or something along those lines. However this is the ****ing Jensen were talking about here! The guy can punch through walls, and fling around heavy objects like they're toys. Even if the container was locked, he could brute force his way out.

That container most likely does keep people in suspended animation or something along those lines. However this is the ****ing Jensen were talking about here! The guy can punch through walls, and fling around heavy objects like they're toys. Even if the container was locked, he could brute force his way out.

Of course. But if you recall he just gently opened it ;)

So many spoilers I can't read. Must finish the game this weekend.

The DLC should take place as Barrett, Fedorova, or maybe even Namir imo. All three characters which were horribly fleshed out but relevant to the story.

The DLC should take place as Barrett, Fedorova, or maybe even Namir imo. All three characters which were horribly fleshed out but relevant to the story.

That plus it would make a nice change to play a bad guy for once.

Finished the game this evening. Thoughts:

Generally I enjoyed the game very much, I'd give it a 9/10. Unfortunately as some of you mentioned, you could feel that the game was cut in a few places.

Like in the case of that Fedorova character - we see her among other characters in cinematics, then a few hours later we learn she has some sort of control over the Eliza AI and seconds later we are attacked by her and kill her. She has no lines of dialogue and I'm not sure if she's even acknowledged by the other characters (apart from Eliza).

I also felt the need for some sort of epilogue (yes, I heard the conversation after the credits) - I'd like to see what happens between Adam and Megan as well as some other characters (depending on the ending).

Regarding the bosses - it seems I beat Barrett and Namir with mines only - not that I didn't try shooting them, but I'm pretty sure on my final, successful attempts, in both cases, I killed them by throwing mines in their path. In the case of Fedorova mines were reponsible for probably around 60% of the damage.

As for the final boss battle - that was confusing. I totally forgot about that code I got out of Darrow (I still don't know where I was supposed to put it in). On my first attempt I kept running around the machine, pressing the buttons, hoping that will do the trick, but they seemed to return to their previous state by themselves. So then I realised I can remotely press them via security panels, but since I was still in the turrets' range while standing to hack them, I had to cloak to do so - luckily I had some power bars with me, to replenish my batteries. I also figured that I had to shoot whatever opened when those buttons were pressed. Now I still have no idea whether I eventually killed the Queen by shooting at her, or by simply staying alive for long enough after I was done with those three switches, because I died a few times while shooting a whole laser clip into the place on the glass behind which her face was. A few of those times were due to electrocution - I don't know where that came from. Also, I made it harder for myself, because I decided not to kill the people that went crazy, because IMO they didn't deserve to die.

Oh, and I sided with Sarif - I wanted the research on improving humans continued.

Ok finished what I think is the final hub area. Edit: Basing on what I read on another forum I'm not sure it's the last hub area actually. I don't know. I seem to be the only one in this thread who hasn't finished the game anyway.
Crashed in Hengsha but I managed to save Malik after dying a lot. Felt pretty proud of that. Fully upgraded pistol is a beast. Kills anything in one headshot.

Sidequest for tracking down the mercenary for the LIMB clinic doctor: I talked with the guy, then told him he was all right by me. Let him go. Told the doctor that I thought so and he gave me a paraxis.

Did the sidequest for Darrow too and talked his contact into giving me info on project Hyon. An AI Aswell?

Bought the tracking upgrade for the assault rifle, seems a bit overpowered :p

Some asshole threatened to shout to Belltower that he spotted me unless I payed him. I intimidated him into keeping quiet, then punched him in the face.

Snuck into Tong's base. I guess Tracer is his son? Stupid that the augmented edition has an extra sidequest. I suppose it'll be included in a DLC later or something. Accidently killed one of Tong's men when breaking through a wall. Automatically snapped his neck. He didn't seem to mind though. He still let me take his giant laser gun.

Just before leaving I realised I had enough cash to go back and buy a paraxis, but I couldn't be arsed to backtrack that much so I just pressed on.

Oh yeah, and I never got my chip replaced at the LIMB clinic. Had a major freakout with all of Tong's gang after meeting him. I figure the replacement is something to do with the Illuminati. That said not replacing it might ****ing kill me. I'll see how this goes.

I played the next area for about two minutes. Overheard the guards mentioning Darrow, so I'm going to make a prediction here. The TYM CEO, Sarif, Darrow, Everett and Page (was that Page talking in the intro, really sounded like him) are all in the Illuminati together. I haven't been fighting the Illuminati here, I've just been being used by different members attempting to take power off each other. Jensen is somehow going to be involved in the downfall of the Illuminati and MJ12 taking over.

Oh shit, I didn't put my thoughts in spoiler tags? I'm sorry, I meant to do it, honest! :(

Ok finished what I think is the final hub area. Edit: Basing on what I read on another forum I'm not sure it's the last hub area actually. I don't know. I seem to be the only one in this thread who hasn't finished the game anyway.
Crashed in Hengsha but I managed to save Malik after dying a lot. Felt pretty proud of that. Fully upgraded pistol is a beast. Kills anything in one headshot.

Sidequest for tracking down the mercenary for the LIMB clinic doctor: I talked with the guy, then told him he was all right by me. Let him go. Told the doctor that I thought so and he gave me a paraxis.

Did the sidequest for Darrow too and talked his contact into giving me info on project Hyon. An AI Aswell?

Bought the tracking upgrade for the assault rifle, seems a bit overpowered :p

Some asshole threatened to shout to Belltower that he spotted me unless I payed him. I intimidated him into keeping quiet, then punched him in the face.

Snuck into Tong's base. I guess Tracer is his son? Stupid that the augmented edition has an extra sidequest. I suppose it'll be included in a DLC later or something. Accidently killed one of Tong's men when breaking through a wall. Automatically snapped his neck. He didn't seem to mind though. He still let me take his giant laser gun.

Just before leaving I realised I had enough cash to go back and buy a paraxis, but I couldn't be arsed to backtrack that much so I just pressed on.

Oh yeah, and I never got my chip replaced at the LIMB clinic. Had a major freakout with all of Tong's gang after meeting him. I figure the replacement is something to do with the Illuminati. That said not replacing it might ****ing kill me. I'll see how this goes.

I played the next area for about two minutes. Overheard the guards mentioning Darrow, so I'm going to make a prediction here. The TYM CEO, Sarif, Darrow, Everett and Page (was that Page talking in the intro, really sounded like him) are all in the Illuminati together. I haven't been fighting the Illuminati here, I've just been being used by different members attempting to take power off each other. Jensen is somehow going to be involved in the downfall of the Illuminati and MJ12 taking over.

I still haven't finished it. I'm taking my sweet ol' time.

It took me 42.9 hours to beat it according to Steam, but then again I really took my sweet-ass time to explore the heck out of everything.

It took me 42.9 hours to beat it according to Steam, but then again I really took my sweet-ass time to explore the heck out of everything.

I still can't believe you ran to sell every gun you picked up. I can't even think of how many guns I picked up for the one or two ammo they contained. You don't even need that much money to buy everything you want. I even bought stupid things I didn't need sometimes and ended up throwing them away and still managed to get all the praxis kits.

Second boss fight can suck a dick, I give up

It took me a few tries to beat it, but I saw my brother manage that on his second or third try with a decent tactic. In spoiler tags is what I saw him do:

He had 2 (or more) praxis to use, so during the fight he unlocked the Typhoon, since IIRC you can find ammo for it in the lockers in the room the fight takes place in. So when she ran up to him, he used 4 typhoon attacks in a row (bear in mind you need energy for it, but you probably have some bars in your inventory) - she will get hit by all the typhoon attacks you can carry out, because each one stuns her and she can't run off. When he used up his typhoon ammo, he probably shot her a few times and when she started running around again, he stunned her with an EMP grenade and finished the job

Second boss fight can suck a dick, I give up
Check the lockers around the area. There's a bunch of EMP mines and a couple of mine templates that you can make into more EMP mines or even frag mines. Mines are very very handy.

That or if you have the armour augs you can make yourself immune to electricity and electrocute the area. Or the Typhoon, which will stun when it hits and there's ammo for it in the lockers.

There's also a heavy rifle and loads of ammo in the area just before the fight.

I completed my first play-through of the game (about 22 hr) last night... quite enjoyable! Already started another game only this time playing on hard mode... not going for any silly achievements, just want to choose the different options and take on the extra challenge.

Oh, and maybe actually understand what the hell is going on a bit better... the overall story seemed to barely fit together, with each area connecting only through some vague, obscure piece of information. Hacking emails was almost always a complete waste of time, the vast majority contributing nothing to the story and serving only to be boring and pointless. The same could be said of the ebooks.

But man, I'm still impressed by how much it actually feels like Deus Ex. I'm shocked it turned out so well.

I completed my first play-through of the game (about 22 hr) last night... quite enjoyable! Already started another game only this time playing on hard mode... not going for any silly achievements, just want to choose the different options and take on the extra challenge.

Oh, and maybe actually understand what the hell is going on a bit better... the overall story seemed to barely fit together, with each area connecting only through some vague, obscure piece of information. Hacking emails was almost always a complete waste of time, the vast majority contributing nothing to the story and serving only to be boring and pointless. The same could be said of the ebooks.

But man, I'm still impressed by how much it actually feels like Deus Ex. I'm shocked it turned out so well.

I feel like you played the game wrong. You finished sooner than everyone and hardly any of the achievments are "silly" as they are simply given as you complete the side quests. Much of the story is developed through e-mails and ebooks and such... not to mention tons of codes that make your life easier.

I still can't believe you ran to sell every gun you picked up. I can't even think of how many guns I picked up for the one or two ammo they contained. You don't even need that much money to buy everything you want. I even bought stupid things I didn't need sometimes and ended up throwing them away and still managed to get all the praxis kits.
I only did that the first time one explores and does sidequests in the Detroit hub, after htat I stopped.

And I won't be doing that when I do my second playthrough.:p

I only did that the first time one explores and does sidequests in the Detroit hub, after htat I stopped.

And I won't be doing that when I do my second playthrough.:p

Did you end with like 40,000 credits?

Back