Deus Ex Human Revolution

Yeah, I dragged the bodies with me when sneaking through them. They're a little touchy though, and the body has to be really close to them, which makes dropping the bodies near them to keep them off a little annoying.

I know this isn't a great contribution, because this problem has already been reviewed (and solved), but I'm not enjoying this first boss fight.

Bloody spiffing game however.

Have fun with the other four. :D
I think I'll have to slap their shit with EMP's from hereon in. In the meantime, I've got a revolver with a laser-sight; a machine pistol with..... something (can't remember); a tranquiliser rifle AND A CUDDLY TOY.

I'll get him eventually.

The devs thought so too, apparently. They just didn't have the time for it.

That doesn't surprise me. It does feel to me as if a lot of the original storyline has been cut and hurriedly pieced back together in shortened form. The first half of the game is damn near perfect, so it's a bit of a shame really. The original Deus Ex lost a significant amount of its spark after you'd finished with Paris as well to be fair, but that was more due to the opposite problem of it dragging on a bit rather than being rushed.

Game was running for a 9/10 for me, then the Malik quest broke and my love diminished to an 8.

Its only small, but damn was I disappointed when it happened.

Youre supposed to go into the Limb clinic to meet Mr X, quest symbol shows outside the Limb clinic, so cool, I walk in.

No man in a cap and no quest symbol on the minimap. Hmm.

Walk out, symbol is at the Limb clinic door.

Read quest. Says to meet him inside the Limb clinic lobby. Hmm.

Walk back in, no man in a cap anywhere.

Broken quest is broken...such a shame. I lose a lot of respect for devs when quests glitch in a game-breaking way like that, and seeing as Malik's relationship with Jensen seems to be solid, I wanted to pursue it and see if it went anywhere or something. I'll have to play through again to see if it works next time.

On a positive note, Im loving all the ways you can complete an objective, BUT I am seriously hating knowing the routes if you explore enough (like I do, love reading emails, getting all the books and pocket secretaries etc), because on the inevitable 2nd play-through, I'll just remember they are there and that kind of ruins it (oh noes, loads of guards ambushing me, hmm, glad I remembered that vent is behind me that just so happens to bypass them all, nifty.)

Youre supposed to go into the Limb clinic to meet Mr X, quest symbol shows outside the Limb clinic, so cool, I walk in.

Broken quest is broken...such a shame. I lose a lot of respect for devs when quests glitch in a game-breaking way like that, and seeing as Malik's relationship with Jensen seems to be solid, I wanted to pursue it and see if it went anywhere or something. I'll have to play through again to see if it works next time.

Did you really look around well enough? You know that section where you would buy stuff at the clinic, well at the second window, X is waiting.
At first I also expected him to be waiting on a couch or something, but then I noticed him.

As for Malik. My ideal ending to the story would involve Jensen and Malik going to a tropical island for some well deserved vacation time. I haven't actually finished the game, so don't spoil the ending.

Did you really look around well enough? You know that section where you would buy stuff at the clinic, well at the second window, X is waiting.
At first I also expected him to be waiting on a couch or something, but then I noticed him.

As for Malik. My ideal ending to the story would involve Jensen and Malik going to a tropical island for some well deserved vacation time. I haven't actually finished the game, so don't spoil the ending.

I ran around in the clinic for a bit but I didn't assume it was broken. I did assume that the Talion A.D. quest was broken because they don't give you any markers at a point. I read later that you're just supposed to look which sucks because I looked for a long time and found nothing... and it ultimately lead me into a point of no return where I got screwed out of the quest.

So wait how are there five boss fights? I only recall 3... unless we're classifying tough situations as boss fights now?

Game was running for a 9/10 for me, then the Malik quest broke and my love diminished to an 8.

did you check behind the glass? he should be to the right of the woman that sells you crap

also, what was the big announcement on the 29th? anyone know?

Some hidden codes in the menu ticker have hinted at some news: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/30/crack-the-deus-ex-human-revolution-code/

Browsing through the Reddit post has revealed the codes link to this teaser site: http://www.13311tower.com/

I am not sure what kind of DLC I would like to see myself, more gadgets would be cool and all, but the foolish side of my brain is hopelessly wishing for another city hub and a boss killswitch side quest.. lol.

Yeah, unless the DLC is another city hub, I won't buy it. Perhaps they can re-work what they cut into decent DLC, that would probably be hard to pull off, I dunno. Hopefully they're given the time they need to make quality DL, I'm not counting on it though.

hmmm, I wonder if it'll involved playing as a different agent from a different company like TYM or even Bell Tower...

So wait how are there five boss fights? I only recall 3... unless we're classifying tough situations as boss fights now?

I consider any encounter I can't bypass or npc I can't take out by sneaking up on him as a boss situation in DXHR.

I finished the Hengsha part today and as I learned what the next destination is, I became suspicious of something. I checked on google and was really disappointed to find out that

Montreal does not have a city hub :(. I had heard that we'd be visiting Montreal in this game, but I didn't know it's only going to be the Picus building. The free-roaming parts of the game are the most enjoyable ones for me; if they put only two city hubs in the game, they could've put more quests in each, I think there's room for that.

Broken quest is broken...such a shame.

As others have said, I bet you didn't check behind the glass. I also walked around the clinic, double checked everyone and thought that perhaps I need to walk out of the LIMB clinic so that Jensen can contact Malik and tell her Mr. X wasn't there. I totally didn't expect him to be one of the "cashiers".

I can only count 4. What's the fifth? Spoiler your list.

1. Barret
2. Yelena
3. The two big droids in Hangar 18
4. Namir
5. Zhao

I count the droids as a boss encounter as well, because I couldn't bypass 'em, but they aren't way as hard as the other four.

I finished the Hengsha part today and as I learned what the next destination is, I became suspicious of something. I checked on google and was really disappointed to find out that

One more would have been nice but ...

I'll be cryptic: You will be visiting hubs again that look different from what you have seen before

1. Barret
2. Yelena
4. Namir
5. Zhao

You could easily avoid the droids and then just turn them off/ turn on enemies. Although I think you had to actually destroy them, which you can do after making them friendly.

1. Barret
2. Yelena
4. Namir
5. Zhao

I count the droids as a boss encounter as well, because I couldn't bypass 'em, but they aren't way as hard as the other four.

I was able to hack into the security hub and deactivate them, and then go open the doors no problem.

uLjwc.jpg

You could easily avoid the droids and then just turn them off/ turn on enemies. Although I think you had to actually destroy them, which you can do after making them friendly.

I can't remember anymore why I couldn't do it but it was either because my hacking level was too low or because I didn't have robot hacking yet. Either way hacking them wasn't an option.

Dynasty he's at the second window... I was confused at first and even broke in and looked around but they're just the other employee benind the glass window to the right of the bitch that you can buy Praxis pts from.

Juuuuust love it when I find Praxis in random drawers etc. <3

Just finished the game, took 37 hours apparently. One question though.
Ok, maybe this is because I have mainly been playing this game while insanely tired, and I missed something, but what the hell was up with the chicks plugged into the machine that you had to kill? Who were they, and what were they doing?

God, the second hub world is awesome. Theres just so much to go find...

Also notable: the Mandarin Chinese is 100% authentic, confirmed by my brother who is a fluent speaker. A lot of that stuff gets bullshitted by similar games.

Just finished the game, took 37 hours apparently. One question though.
Ok, maybe this is because I have mainly been playing this game while insanely tired, and I missed something, but what the hell was up with the chicks plugged into the machine that you had to kill? Who were they, and what were they doing?

Basically, from what I understand, they were part of an archaic AI System that needed special human minds in order to process data. Those girls were the drones that were part of the AI. This AI was also the thing that was sending out creepy messages to computers with weird little sentences at the end. I admit I was very tired as well when I finished, so I can't quite recall what the AI was for though. This is also the AI that Bob Page wants retrieved for the Morpheus Project at the end, we can assume.

It was the thing sending out the message to control all the biochips.

It was the thing sending out the message to control all the biochips.
Yes but the AI also controlled structural integrity and such, didn't it? At least that's what I recall reading in one of the eBooks.

I've been playing for 5 hours and I haven't left the first hub yet. Normally I'm completing most single player games soon. It's doing well so far I'd say :)

1. Barret
2. Yelena
4. Namir
5. Zhao

One more would have been nice but ...

I'll be cryptic: You will be visiting hubs again that look different from what you have seen before

Spoiler party!

I dunno why I neglected to think of Zhao as a boss fight. Probably because it required no effeort once I figured out what was going on. I had no damn clue at first. I was just opening and closing the pods and running from those turrets. Then I turned off the life support for the pods not even knowing what they were. Then I shot at Zhao with the plasma rifle for like 30 seconds before I realized apparently plasma doesn't break glass. But I was just standing there looking around at the floor getting electrified (I thought it might hurt me?) and saw both of the bots come out so dispatching them was a pretty simple affair with emp grenades, and then the handful of crazy augs. In retrospect, the only difficulty was having no idea what was going on.

Anyone feel like they were playing L4D there at the end? Granted a few good hacks made it a lot less ammo intensive and it was a blast using the Typhoon for something other than like two people.

Oh and for the big robots I honestly just ran around them. I couldn't see a route to sneak past them to the stairs on the other side so I just took off. Then I hacked him and made them kill each other... well.. one killed the other and was badly damaged.

A three letter acronym: EMP

Spoiler party!

I dunno why I neglected to think of Zhao as a boss fight. Probably because it required no effeort once I figured out what was going on. I had no damn clue at first. I was just opening and closing the pods and running from those turrets. Then I turned off the life support for the pods not even knowing what they were. Then I shot at Zhao with the plasma rifle for like 30 seconds before I realized apparently plasma doesn't break glass. But I was just standing there looking around at the floor getting electrified (I thought it might hurt me?) and saw both of the bots come out so dispatching them was a pretty simple affair with emp grenades, and then the handful of crazy augs. In retrospect, the only difficulty was having no idea what was going on.

Anyone feel like they were playing L4D there at the end? Granted a few good hacks made it a lot less ammo intensive and it was a blast using the Typhoon for something other than like two people.

Oh and for the big robots I honestly just ran around them. I couldn't see a route to sneak past them to the stairs on the other side so I just took off. Then I hacked him and made them kill each other... well.. one killed the other and was badly damaged.

Zhao is even easier when you convince Darrow to give you the code. I simply entered that, watched the glass break, ran away for the electric shock, and after that ran back to Zhao to headshot her. Took me about two minutes max.

Basically, from what I understand, they were part of an archaic AI System that needed special human minds in order to process data. Those girls were the drones that were part of the AI. This AI was also the thing that was sending out creepy messages to computers with weird little sentences at the end. I admit I was very tired as well when I finished, so I can't quite recall what the AI was for though. This is also the AI that Bob Page wants retrieved for the Morpheus Project at the end, we can assume.

Did you watch past the credits? I hope you didn't skip them...

Back