Deus Ex Human Revolution

Can't believe people have finished this game days ago D: I've been playing the hell out of this game everyday.

Am I the only one who reads every single ebook and new email?

Nope, I'm 30 hours in and still havent gotten to a third boss.

Managed to beat Namir after some abuse of grenades and frag mines and a few crossbow bolts. Quite the tense game of cat and mouse when I don't have augs and can't keep tabs on him using the vision aug. Retrospectively it wasn't that bad, not as bad as the chick. I'm on the Hyron fight now and took a break.

This game is hard.

no it isn't. it can be challenging at times however.

I just finished. Took me 35 hours, with full pacifism and a lot of reading (though I missed a lot of computers).

Amazingly good, really impressed. As a big fan of the original, I can see the developers really knew the franchise well, there were references all over the place, and the entire structure of the story felt very similar.

The only complaint are those pesky bosses, I really can't see why they needed to exist, in all those enjoyable hours, the fights exist as a weird 30 minute block of frustration and pointless distraction.

Just spent like two hours sneaking around the police station. There's so much to do in there!

Just finished it. Fantastic game.
I definitely missed some stuff, though. Cool-ass after credits stuff.

Just finished it. Fantastic game.
I definitely missed some stuff, though. Cool-ass after credits stuff.

There's after credits stuff? God I hate credits. I finished it early because I took most of last week off.

There's after credits stuff? God I hate credits. I finished it early because I took most of last week off.

I chilled out and listened to the music. You only get to see it if you watch all the credits.
Yes I started doing this because devs LOVE to do this so I get disappointed now if they don't and waste my time.

I chilled out and listened to the music. You only get to see it if you watch all the credits.
Yes I started doing this because devs LOVE to do this so I get disappointed now if they don't and waste my time.

I just watched the credits... all I Saw were a bunch of awkward pictures. What are you talking about?

I just watched the credits... all I Saw were a bunch of awkward pictures. What are you talking about?

Maybe you have to actually finish the game?
After the credits there is some dialogue then

the splash logo and it plays the UNATCO theme

Maybe you have to actually finish the game?
After the credits there is some dialogue then

the splash logo and it plays the UNATCO theme

Well I have a save right at the end so I could see all the endings. I'll check it out (AGAIN).

Is the return to Hengsha the final hub level?

Just spent like two hours sneaking around the police station. There's so much to do in there!

I messed up on the conversation with a guard so I had to go all guns blazing. Great fun :D

I successfully sneaked in the police station took all the info I was supposed to, but then couldn't get back out. I got detected so many times I got intimately acquainted with the loading screen. So eventually I said **** it and slaughtered everybody. No witnesses!

One of the things I like about this game is that once you dick around in an area and kill everyone, they actually stay dead.

Also, hacking a security computer and turning the turrets on the bad guys is so damn satisfying.

Oh, and...

Finished the game late last night. According to Steam I have played 26 hours. I did almost all the side-quests but other than that I didn't really stray from the path. Definitely gonna replay this game again. I enjoyed it a lot. Loved the gameplay, the atmosphere, the music and the choices you get. The story was a bit convoluted at times, but maybe I am just saying that because I have never played the prior two games. Two other minor gripes for me were the low res textures in certain places and the somewhat clunky NPCs. But those are just minor squabbles. Over all it is one of my favorite games all year.

Oh and about the ending.

I chose to destroy the facility with everything in it. It seemed the right thing to do. I didn't have any sympathy for either Sarif, Taggart or Darrow, so it was an easy choice really. It also seemed to fit Jensen's character best, at least how I played him. I don't think he would have have come back together with Megan (not after what she did at least) and since I didn't save Malik there wasn't much to live for anyway.

I'm worried I'm gonna miss side quests. :/ The undecover police in Detroit wad hard enough to notice.

LOL. What if I'm playing on a console and aiming is harder than on a PC, Acepilot? Can I play on the normal difficulty setting, would that be OK with you? Please don't reject me.

You don't need to aim anyway, takedown is a button.

I am out of this thread, god damn.

What's so bad about that? It's the final place where you free roam. That doesn't give away anything at all. It doesn't tell you how close or far it is from the end of the game. It's just the last place where you'll be running around like a psycho augmented jerkstore.

My augmentations at the end of the game.

Ew you took the speech booster thing? It's so much more fun to actually use your mind to figure out what appeases the person you're talking to. Also, no wonder you had boss problems with no armor. Boss fights are mostly combat fights. If you have no armor you're gonna fail early on. Hell if you have no armor and you're playing on at least the normal difficulty, your average guy toward the end will take you out in a second or two.

Ew you took the speech booster thing? It's so much more fun to actually use your mind to figure out what appeases the person you're talking to. Also, no wonder you had boss problems with no armor. Boss fights are mostly combat fights. If you have no armor you're gonna fail early on. Hell if you have no armor and you're playing on at least the normal difficulty, your average guy toward the end will take you out in a second or two.

Not if your stealthy. I have no armor augs, in fact no combat improving augs whatsoever, my only gun is a fully upgraded 10mm pistol, the rest are non-lethal, plus gas and concussion grenades. I'm almost exactly like Shaker's aug list, except I maxed out the leg aug rather than taking any arm upgrades. Like I said, I took out a boss in one try without losing a single hitpoint.

Also, I think I must have done something to skip one boss, because I'm in Hengsha for the second time now, and I've only fought two bosses. Can someone spoiler-tag the ones prior the Hengsha revisit?

What's so bad about that? It's the final place where you free roam. That doesn't give away anything at all. It doesn't tell you how close or far it is from the end of the game. It's just the last place where you'll be running around like a psycho augmented jerkstore.

I'm not a spoiler-freak so I'm wasn't completely serious (as you can see, I'm in this thread), but when I return to Hengsha I'll be like "yep, this is the last stretch", when I'd rather not know when or where the game ends.

I was also wondering whether or not to take the social enhancer, but I figured the additional piece of info about certain characters is interesting and so are the additional conversation options (well, those accompanied by pheromones). I generally tend to invest in speech and intelligence in RPGs to see those extra things to say and this is somewhat similar.

I didn't find the social enhancer all that great anyways. I hardly used it, partly because I was confused as to how you used it. It shows their "alpha, beta or gamma" personality type, but then flashes levels in all of them. I'm assuming you just watch for which ever one was higher? Anyways, I usually talked my own way through conversations, using the little blurb on the right about their general personality as a broader hint. There's also some cases where people won't talk to you unless you do use it.

Even the earlier bosses could easily one-shot me ... They were such a bitch.

Social Enhancer is useful once you are at like the 75% mark inthe game when you need to talk down some people from doing shit, but it is more fun using your own perceptiveness to figure out what sort of person they are.

I have almost all the augmentations.
Can't believe some people didn't get the see through walls aug!

Ew you took the speech booster thing? It's so much more fun to actually use your mind to figure out what appeases the person you're talking to.
It's really not that much, just a small hint (sometimes the hints are pretty obvious anyway) and a bar that shows you how well you're doing. It doesn't give it all away. It's really fun for the pheromone skill though. You can unlock a bunch of extra stuff with it. For example when you go to the corrupt cop in Detroit and pose a hitman you can use it to convince him to pay him in advance.

O hai, I am Heavy Weapons Guy...

dxhr2011082923044299.jpg

I've just completed the first mission, managed to save the lady hostage, but none of the others since I got there too late. Didn't realise time played a factor in this game! I wanted to explore!

I haven't killed anybody yet though, so I'm going to carry on and try to complete the game like that. Playing on the hardest difficulty.

I lost a lot of XP because I preferred to avoid taking people down because losing an entire energy bar was not cool with me

That's why you sit at one energy bar that refills until you absolutely need more, thne you go in your inventory and eat a power bar.

I'm not a spoiler-freak so I'm wasn't completely serious (as you can see, I'm in this thread), but when I return to Hengsha I'll be like "yep, this is the last stretch", when I'd rather not know when or where the game ends.

I was also wondering whether or not to take the social enhancer, but I figured the additional piece of info about certain characters is interesting and so are the additional conversation options (well, those accompanied by pheromones). I generally tend to invest in speech and intelligence in RPGs to see those extra things to say and this is somewhat similar.

Well nothing I said was indicative of it being the end of the game. In fact, there's actually quite a bit of game left after that. However it is the last time you're at a hub. The rest of the game doesn't have much free roaming in relative safety.

I considered getting the perk until I realized how cool it was that I was listening to what a person said and how they said it to determine how I was going to best respond. I only wished they used that more. I suppose if it has some use outside of those handful of scenarios where you're obtaining informaiton from people, then I figure it has some value.

It seems like no one got the lung aug. I enjoyed being able to avoid gas because that shit hurts like hell. You stay in it a few seconds and you're done. Plus there are a few things you can unlock and some routes you can take where gas is hanging out. Also in retrospect I would have avoided the fortification aug because stealth is so effective. I also got the Typhoon despite it not being all that useful just because I wanted to see what it did. Pretty cool to watch. Plus the only time it's really any good is at the end.

Back