Halflife2.net Minecraft Server Discussion

So the server is now running again, with an interim version of hmod.

Can anyone connect? I'm getting an Internal Exception error when I try.

Yep, I'm getting that too.

Edit: In case it matters -

iAQeU.png

Right, it's fixed and running.

Bear in mind that this is not official hmod - MPUK effectively wrote their own (unsupported) version for this release of Minecraft, so there might be some weirdness related to the plugins.

Theoretically, this is the last time it'll happen - Notch says updates will be optional as of the next update.

Excellent! I'm on and everything runs smoothly.

One problem. The basic kit no longer exists. I just get an "unknown command" message.

Yep, you're on your own, tool-wise. I'll see if I can get it to work.

Sweet, I'm finally starting on my road to HORSE station from my sand hill. I tried to make a music block sequence running off of redstone relays but network latency makes music timing unpossible. You hear Mary+Had+A+Little+Lamb pretty much all at once.

I've been chucked off the whitelist again, could you add me? My name is themellish.

I still think we need to find a place to build a walled town where each person builds a small house. Think of it like the first community project, after the railway.

Damn, lost my connection to the server while I was working on my road in the dark. Last time that happened I woke up in a smoking crater ... good thing I had my iron armor on. Now I can't log in again! Don't leave me hanging!!!

I felt like hopping on the server for a few minutes today (haven't been there in a few weeks) but I'm getting a timeout. Is the server down?

I restarted it. Should be working now.

Thanks for the restart :)

Now any idea who ate it on a southbound train? I was headed off to HORSE when I encountered a stopped cart and spewed items everywhere!

Could have been me. I experienced some weirdness when riding the line earlier.

So what's going to be the fate of this server? Is USA migration still planned and do you have plans to keep it around for a while? I'd like to know if anyone's ever going to travel the road I'm digging.

Yep, I can do the US migration now no problem - they've upgraded all their datacentres to use SSDs. I'll check up on it.

It's been pretty good for the past 12 hours. Still can't take on a creeper with a sword, but there's usually been no chest-open lag and there's been zero building/mining lag. I finished my long and complicated road from the horse to my desert lair, now I just need to make something worthwhile to see when you get all the way out there. On the plus side, whatever it is, it has a working doorbell :D

I'm also smelting a lot of cacti in order to make enough dark green and lime green wool for my super-secret statue project...

Once the server is stable and everybody is loving in, I really want to come back and play. I haven't touched minecraft at all since I left, not even singleplayer.

Hey Pi, do you think you could give the server a mean look again for me? The enemy mobs are acting like they're on strike again.

By the way, my sand castle (which looks more like a sand mosque) is basically done now if anyone wants to come look. I'll add more rooms if I feel like it but my goal was the exterior. Don't bring the creepers please D:

Pain in the ass they may be, but creepers imo are indeed one of the finest and most ingenious handicaps ever implemented in a game. I for one welcome these hissing green mobile cocks.

They updated the beta! @Pi, is there a chance we (let's face it, "I") can be treated to a server s/w update? I'd definitely wanna update my redstone circuitry.

Multiplay is not letting people update their servers just yet.

From Multiplay:

How 1.3 Update will impact your server

With the new Minecraft update coming soon which also changes the current world format to the one provided by McRegion, here are a few things you need to know!

Will hMod and plugins work with v1.3?

Initially no, we're pretty sure that Megalin will release an update for hMod when he can, but there is likely to be quite a wait for that so the answer is initially no.

We will work on getting our wrapper updated to v1.3 as soon as released so you can use our servers. Hopefully this will be quite a quick process but we can't guarantee that, as we haven't seen the code.

What if I want to stick with hMod on v1.2 with all my plugins for the time being?

No problem. The official new Minecraft client launcher, available here, enables you to choose if you want to upgrade your client or not. This means you can just select no when prompted and continue playing v1.2 until hMod is updated!

I'd like to know too :)

I bought this a couple of days ago because I kept seeing it mentioned on hl2.net, and now I'm addicted! :)

I know nothing about MP... can you still save? How does it differ from SP?

Much Minecraft love!

@Pi, the 1.3 server code appears to run okay when I made a local server. I guess the question is, are you a bad enough dude to try it out without any compatible server mods?

Pi's server is doing something. I kicked me claiming that it was restarting, but its been a couple hours and its not up yet. Is the server undergoing some maintinance? I hope the map is backed up because I don't want my hours of effort to go *poof*

I still haven't been re-whitelisted.
If you get a chance, it's AbortFlight.

Pi's server is still not up... what's going on?

The server keeps telling me that it has refused the connection.

Lies, hMod is dead. Also, the Minecraft server now supports whitelisting and the client seems to have implemented BetterLight and McRegion. Yay or something.

I can't get the default minecraft server whitelist to work. Just like all the ****ing hassles we had with the server before, the whitelist doesn't actually prevent people from logging in. Some people it seems to, but most it doesn't for some reason.

Back