IMO the source of most of our problems

jverne

Reaction score
overpopulation. there's just to many of us.

i've found this neat little site, interesting info

http://www.optimumpopulation.org/

this is one thing i can help...by not having too many children. personally i'd never want more than two kids (and two is stretching it).

i think i read that the optimal population for earth is 3 billion. we're now nearing 7. if you think of it...if china would totally open it's borders the rest of the world would just get flooded. i mean seriously 23% of china is the whole USA. things are going to get crowded in a few decades.

related news:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/Earth2100/Story?id=7697237&page=3

http://fora.tv/2009/04/16/Call_of_t...l_Cousteau_Explains_the_Danger_of_Farmed_Fish

I agree with the above statement. theres too many men, making too many problems and theres not much love to go around....

I think the source of all our problems is our human nature. We live to **** things up.

We're overpopulated, but by damn I do want to have kids some day. It's up to the rest of you forumites to live with your mums for the rest of your lives and never have a date. I'm just too weak to sacrifice my life for the good of humanity. Good look, pimpled knights.

I don't see myself wanting children. I probably won't be contributing to the problem.

I also don't buy into legacy bullshit.

I don't want kids now. my nephews and niece are fun but I couldn't stand them when they had to spend a week with me

But if we move to space, the problem is solved until we start throwing asteroids at each other.

Been watching the E3 conferences. Casuals reconfirmed as the source of most of my problems.

Warped said:
I agree with the above statement. theres too many men, making too many problems and theres not much love to go around....
Now did you read the news today? They say that danger's gone away.

It's like the Beatles said: all you need is love. So by logic, we should remove any competition for it... dabomb is first.

i bet if we start another one of those comet cults and recruit for years we could get a decent mass suicide goin...

also, you could always infiltrate the future offspring of the world by donating to sperm banks if you're extremely stupid or have some mental defect, therefore making it easier for them to bite it.

also, you could always infiltrate the future offspring of the world by donating to sperm banks if you're extremely stupid or have some mental defect, therefore making it easier for them to bite it.

I figured that was already well underway.

lol.

My country needs to double its population. The goverment is trying to encourage people to have more babies. :p

Two children is still zero population growth, one is negative... just don't have a whole litter.

I think the optimum is 3~4 but, oh well.

I don't see myself wanting children. I probably won't be contributing to the problem.

I also don't buy into legacy bullshit.

Me and raz are like the same person. Lets not have babies together!

I hate kids.

tmp2973tmp.jpg

I don't want children. They spend 18 years whining, crying, bitching, shouting, and using up your money, and then leave and forget about you.

However, chances are I will end up with one anyway.

lol.

My country needs to double its population. The goverment is trying to encourage people to have more babies. :p
Yeah, but you guys are headed to war, so it will even out. :E

Also, I read that as 'double penetration'.:thumbs::thumbs:

I'm having 2 at least, then after that the wife can decide. And if I'm a millionaire then she can expect about 4+.

And I need Scotland's population to increase by at least 3x so we have a better pool of talent to choose from for football tournaments.

Don't worry, the nuclear holocaust is right around the corner.

I'm having 2 at least, then after that the wife can decide. And if I'm a millionaire then she can expect about 4+.

And I need Scotland's population to increase by at least 3x so we have a better pool of talent to choose from for football tournaments.

for that statement alone you should be castrated. there's few things more retarded than actually basing your life decisions on ****ing commercial sports (i.e. football).

i do understand that you're joking...but you really should think about it, because in every joke there's a bit of truth.

Plenty of space down here. ^.^

but there's one problem...nobody really knows if aussie land really exist. it's more of a myth perpetrated by gay sailor as an excuse to spend ridiculous amounts of time alone on the sea. ;)

I wrote my final paper in my ethics class on overpopulation and solutions for it. It's really interesting stuff.

I agree.

I think every first-world nation should regulate how many children families can have based on income personally.

If a household income is a below a certain level, it should be mandatory that mothers have their tubes tied. Sort of like a pyramid.
This would solve so many problems on so many different levels I cannot even begin to fathom how much better things would be.

Unfortunately, this would also mean the homeless couldn't have any children.

How this would be enforced and implemented is still in question.

EDIT> Oh, oh, I've GOT IT! We could plant some sort of advanced tracking device into the heads of each household!

Except that human nature comes into play. We have a natural urge to spread our seed/have sex. Aside from misinformation, there is a prevalent reason why AIDS is still running rampant.

Except that human nature comes into play. We have a natural urge to spread our seed/have sex. Aside from misinformation, there is a prevalent reason why AIDS is still running rampant.

That sounds like conspiracy theories to me...
Inferring that doctors around the world have cures for AIDS, yet keep it alive to help reduce world population?
surely there are more effective means

as horrible as that sounds, i think it may be a good way to help reduce the population, and it is evident that we have exceeded the capacity of this earth, just look at all of those who go without food every day. or those who have no shelter from the elements.
I guess one can only hope for a pandemic to come along

It's like the Beatles said: all you need is love. So by logic, we should remove any competition for it... dabomb is first.

I don't think those two come together.

Anyway, overpopulation my ass.

I once had a plan to cross ebola with influenza and set it loose in overpopulated countries like China, India, Japan, and other places, but my limited skill in bioengineering/biochemistry/bio-whatever... prevents me from taking on this endeavor.

But not to worry, when I take control of a vast multinational pharmatheuticals company, I will have "Syndicate Bioindustries" to take care of this matter.

I once had a plan to cross ebola with influenza and set it loose in overpopulated countries like China, India, Japan, and other places, but my limited skill in bioengineering/biochemistry/bio-whatever... prevents me from taking on this endeavor.

But not to worry, when I take control of a vast multinational pharmatheuticals company, I will have "Syndicate Bioindustries" to take care of this matter.

Influenza? The government of those countries would thank you and use the dead bodies for landfill, MORE LAND!

Influenza? The government of those countries would thank you and use the dead bodies for landfill, MORE LAND!

horrible
yet, most likely the unfortunate truth
Hey al, do i hear a sequel?

Meh. I think that even if the world population was reduced by as much as 25%, we'd still have people dying from starvation.

Over population is a big problem and will no doubt become a bigger one. But even without over population, greed would still leave these poor forsaken people with nothing.

The rich and powerful would just become more rich and powerful. (and fat)

Well, in here under population is killing us. there were 1,5 million in the Soviet times living in Estonia, now there are 1,2 million and 1/3 of them are russians. Bring in moar africans!

Back