London and Birmingham Riots

They are upholding the law now by stopping criminals. If they have to use force to ensure they're stopped and don't repeat their actions, I'm behind them.

No they're not, unless "the law" means whatever they want it to mean. In which case, yeah, you are kind of supporting fascism. You're doing this merry little dance where you say they have to use force to ensure that the looters' unlawful behaviour isn't repeated, and then you come back and say they're "upholding the law" as though police brutality is completely exempt from that, as long as they teach those nasty rioters some manners and whatnot. Then when someone questions you on the efficacy of this approach, you roll out the "WELL WHY DON'T THEY JUST SIT DOWN FOR TEA AND CUPCAKES," Stern points out you're using an all-or-nothing approach, you squeal with indignation, and the whole awful quoting merry-go-round comes back around to it's starting position. You see what's happening here at all?

Hey, maybe if someone is throwing ****ing bricks at you, then using force could be considered part of that "measured response" thing Stern keeps mentioning? Read between the lines a little.

And just in case it looks like I'm taking sides, I'll save you this quote for free:

also not once did I say that the british public are being armchair citizens (what does that even mean?)
their job? the cops in the video werent doing "their job". their job is to uphold the law not to be a vigilant proxy for armchair citizens out for revenge

Also, Pat Condell? Really?!

Barely even scraping the surface at the meat of these arguments, but can we really not make the effort to understand the basic context of these posts? Like, it's incredibly obvious when people are talking about one specific post, or incident, or video, and then you're really so dumb that you're gonna misinterpret their comment into the most absurdly hyperbolic message? If you're too stupid for basic reading comprehension, you shouldn't be on here. If you're doing it on purpose, stop.

Oh, sure okay. Please kindly point me to the post on the last page where Stylo wasn't talking about the police force as a whole or accusing someone else of same, and was instead talking about that one specific incident. As far as I can see, he only did so in one post, and that was before his quote-off with Stern started. Show me what I missed and I'll gladly retract my objection.

There's that on the last page, a cluster**** of misunderstanding between two and three pages back, involving Pulse, Stigmata, Stylo, and one other person I can't remember because I didn't make a point of staying on that page as I wrote this, and about a dozen plus other cases in this 17 page long thread.

Sherpo is just mad because people are fighting on hl2.net. Hes like the new ZT (from back when he always got upset that people were having bible fights). Who cares, its hl2.net. We'll fight and yell at each other and next week nobody will even care. I mean, Raz will still be pissed at Stern because Raz is always pissed at Stern, but I mean besides that there's nobody here who will do that.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the other person you're referring to Sheepa, although I did actually try and point out why Stigmata and Pulse were on different pages, and tried to distinguish what I was saying when I defined "the line" where I think force should/should not be applied, but Stylo just ignored it and went on, as you said, interpreting it in the most hyperbolic fashion. So I gave up when I saw that Stern had jumped in. Stern is really good at getting people to say stupid shit that reveals the stupid shit they actually believe (sometimes taking himself down with them though, haha), so I just let him have a go.

So, the old man who was violently beaten and jumped on after trying to put out a fire passed away making him the fifth casualty of the riots.

Hope the scum get caught and sentenced quickly!

Sherpo is just mad because people are fighting on hl2.net. Hes like the new ZT (from back when he always got upset that people were having bible fights). Who cares, its hl2.net. We'll fight and yell at each other and next week nobody will even care. I mean, Raz will still be pissed at Stern because Raz is always pissed at Stern, but I mean besides that there's nobody here who will do that.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the other person you're referring to Sheepa, although I did actually try and point out why Stigmata and Pulse were on different pages, and tried to distinguish what I was saying when I defined "the line" where I think force should/should not be applied, but Stylo just ignored it and went on, as you said, interpreting it in the most hyperbolic fashion. So I gave up when I saw that Stern had jumped in. Stern is really good at getting people to say stupid shit that reveals the stupid shit they actually believe (sometimes taking himself down with them though, haha), so I just let him have a go.

Way more pissed off at you than Stern, since you always think I'm pissed off at Stern which is bullshit. It's harmless fun. Look at my comment, and tell me that it's the comment of somebody who is pissed off, rather than poking fun that when Stern is involved there's ALWAYS a quote war.

Jesus Christ Krynn, seriously. You're basically Raz to my Stern as it is in your world right now. That's undoubtedly what you're doing... I make any mention of Stern and you hop right in being Raz. I can't make any mention of Stern without you throwing your retarded assumptions into the fray. Just stop it. As I told Stern in the past when he threatened to block me and did block me, it doesn't matter if he does block me since I will continue as I always have, poking fun where I see appropriate situations to do so since I'm not doing it for his reaction, I'm doing it for my own and other posters. Nobody else gets called out on their Stern jokes, but I do only because I do have a more sordid history with Stern where sometimes the element was something other than poking fun. And those times are very rare.

And Gargantou... that's sad. Beating an old man for trying to put out a fire? ****ers.

To be honest if beating the shit out of rioters isn't part of the law, it should probably be added to it.

Way more pissed off at you than Stern, since you always think I'm pissed off at Stern which is bullshit. It's harmless fun. Look at my comment, and tell me that it's the comment of somebody who is pissed off, rather than poking fun that when Stern is involved there's ALWAYS a quote war.

No see it's Krynn's thing. He tells everyone how pissed off they are when really they're not pissed off but then they get pissed off at how pissed off he thinks they are which leads them to post about how pissed off they're not and how pissed off it makes them that he would suggest they're pissed off when they're not pissed off at all which pisses him off and leads to more accusations of people being pissed off until everyone's just pissed.

YOU SEE IT'S ALL VERY SIMPLE WHEN I SPELL IT OUT LIKE THIS.

poKVr.png

Hah, this I agree.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good god, do they have image police trolling for images deemed unsuitable? Your image wasn't bad, why'd they forbid it?

No see it's Krynn's thing. He tells everyone how pissed off they are when really they're not pissed off but then they get pissed off at how pissed off he thinks they are which leads them to post about how pissed off they're not and how pissed off it makes them that he would suggest they're pissed off when they're not pissed off at all which pisses him off and leads to more accusations of people being pissed off until everyone's just pissed.

YOU SEE IT'S ALL VERY SIMPLE WHEN I SPELL IT OUT LIKE THIS.

Nice.

I think you've mistaken Vegeta for Toaster though, unless you mean an actual toaster. That thing has burnt so much of his bread.

Finally, Hulk Hogan is here to save the day....

I just heard what's going on in the streets, man, and I thought just maybe Hulkamania should run over there, start dropping legs, start hitting people with big boots and just stop the action.

HULKAMANIA

Sheepo said:
Like, it's incredibly obvious when people are talking about one specific post, or incident, or video, and then you're really so dumb that you're gonna misinterpret their comment into the most absurdly hyperbolic message? If you're too stupid for basic reading comprehension, you shouldn't be on here. If you're doing it on purpose, stop.

ya pretty much this. some people are far more interested in shooting the messenger than debating the message

Jesus Christ Krynn, seriously. You're basically Raz to my Stern as it is in your world right now. That's undoubtedly what you're doing... I make any mention of Stern and you hop right in being Raz. I can't make any mention of Stern without you throwing your retarded assumptions into the fray. Just stop it. As I told Stern in the past when he threatened to block me and did block me, it doesn't matter if he does block me since I will continue as I always have, poking fun where I see appropriate situations to do so since I'm not doing it for his reaction, I'm doing it for my own and other posters. Nobody else gets called out on their Stern jokes, but I do only because I do have a more sordid history with Stern where sometimes the element was something other than poking fun. And those times are very rare.

Whoa, relax brodude. So you're allowed to poke fun at Stern for always starting a quote war, but I'm not allowed to poke fun at you for always getting on Stern's case. I mean, its no secret you very much dislike Stern, you've admitted it several times. Am I not allowed to say as much? Or are you just angry that I used the phrase "pissed off at Stern" rather than "hates Stern"? I can see how "pissed off" might imply an immediate emotion rather than a long term sentiment, but given the context of my post I think it should be fairly clear thats now how I intended to put it.

ok can I not be the topic of a thread for once? really it's nice you defend me (I really do appreciate it) but you're not going to change his mind and I'm ok with that; I dont need to be liked by everyone/anyone; my mental state isnt that fragile. anyways they add nothing to the discussion at hand and are exactly what they accuse me of being: trolls just looking for a reaction. I dont see their posts unless it's quoted so they might as well be pissing in the wind for all I care. their thread shitting would have less of a derail effect if most people just ignored them. it sure would make what's left of our community a sunnier place

Oh christ****, I knew when I heard this on the news at the hotel (been gone a week) that there'd be a thread. A bloody 18 page thread ya brits been making me a storybook :|

Also, **** yo chavs.

We're not having this debate. It's 14.

Has there been any media backlash to Cameron's brilliant plan to use 1984 as an instruction manual?

So what's been the most hilarious story you've gotten out of the riots so far?

Most funny I heard so far was that social worker that nicked a TV, couldn't sleep out of guilt and turned himself in to the police the next day.

The whites have become blacks.

To the Brits on HL2.net: Is this dude taken seriously?

What a racist.

That's some bold faced racism right there.

Its true tbh. Its nice somsone has the bollocks to say it.

Cameron's new plan is to evict the entire families of those accused of rioting, if they give in government flats. Yeah, making more people homeless, that will surely improve the situation. Tosser.

What an absurd punishment if that is true.

That's like criminals killing your family to punish you.

While everyone was arguing over the police, society, and Stern, the riots ended on August 10. The rioters only caused about £200 million worth of damage ($325.5 million for clarification). Five people died and 202 were injured.

Damage caused by riots in London and other cities this week will cost more than 200 million pounds, the Association of British Insurers said on Thursday, doubling its previous claims estimate.

Link

Cameron's new plan is to evict the entire families of those accused of rioting, if they give in government flats. Yeah, making more people homeless, that will surely improve the situation. Tosser.
Hey, awesome, I'm angry again! Like I don't even know what to say, or that anything even needs to be said. It's just retarded on the face of it.

I can't say I'm surprised, Cameron's right-wing after all...:p

Back