Mass Effect 3

Reaction score
"Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth..."
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/10/mass-effect-3-outed-on-ea-store/

It'll formally be revealed tomorrow night at the Spike Video Game Awards, but the blurb on EA's site has already got me hyped.

HELL TO THE ***ING YES!!

2011 is going to be EPIC!

Deus ex 3
portal 2
uncharted 3
batman arkham city
mass effect 3 in 2011?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

pretty sure it will be 2011 cuz the core of the game is already there.

awesome but I want a finished game not a rushed game. Also the 2nd Game was one of my top 5 games of the year

Would be pretty dumb to only spend a year on the final game of the trilogy. Assuming of course they're sticking with the trilogy that it was intended, and not stretching it out for several more games, which is a very real possibility.

I can wait for the price drops for Batman and that is about all on that incredulous list

I can wait for the price drops for Batman and that is about all on that incredulous list
I kinda regret not buying Arkham Asylum. I thought it was just one of those "another" Batman franchised game based on a comic. But damn, was I wrong.

2q3zlo5.jpg

My asshole Shephard from ME1 an 2 trying to convince the other Alien races to save mankind. Hmmm.

"Ferelden is burning. Striking from the Deep Roads, Darkspawn have begun their destruction of the human race. As Character Name, a Gray Warden, your only hope for saving Ferelden is to rally the civilizations of Thedas and launch one final mission to push back the blight."

I'll wait for more info before I get all moist over ME3.

Yeah that might have raised a few eyebrows Matorbogl where it not the plot for pretty much every fantasy title ever.
Still, while it doesn't have the most originall plot, it's still good. And BioWare pack great dialog.

And BioWare pack great dialog.

Yes. If anything my complaint with the previous game was that there wasn't enough dialog and character interaction with your shipmates. Here's hoping for more dialog and hilarious opportunities to act like an asshole to everyone. FALCON PUNCH

to rally the civilizations of the galaxy

So.... I guess I shouldn't have been all "HUMAN GLORY ALIEN SCUM" and all that?

Well **** you. Humanity prevails. Alone.

So.... I guess I shouldn't have been all "HUMAN GLORY ALIEN SCUM" and all that?

Well **** you. Humanity prevails. Alone.

In my playthrough I saved the Collector base, so the technology acquired from there should give us an advantage. The Terran Empire shall prevail!

"Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth..."

I thought the reapers didn't have emotions? For them to go straight for Earth Shepard must of royally pissed them off in the last game.

I guess earth destiny will be shaped to the accions one made in the previous games and whatever happens in this one?

Asshole Shepard after Earth is destroyed:

"Meh, good riddance! Those bastards were only holding me back anyway!"

Won't be buying unless they've changed the shooting. Spraying then reloading is lame.

What? Have you tried upgrades? I mean the freakin smg can become an AR with that shit. Don't even mention the sniper accuracy of the Vindicator AR.

can't wait, the end of ME2 left me so satisfied. Sort of.

Interesting. But I hope grey Earth is just one part of the game, and that we will still have shiny, pretty, colorful space thingies to explore and see like in the first two. Part of why I liked the Mass Effect games, all the colorzzz.

Earth is under attack, whatever, what I need to know is can I have gay space marine sex with that British guy?

Reapers destroy other alien worlds, not just Earth.

I'm betting there are multiple possible endings for ME3

1. **** other aliens, save Earth and only Earth, and maybe Asaris

2. Ally with Reapers and **** other aliens

3. **** all aliens, including Asaris

Looks awesome!!!
I just hope that the whole games isn't "OMG EARTH!!! NOOOOOOOO!" Humanity (and even to a lesser degree, Earth) is just a fraction of the galactic civilization. The Reapers are supposed to target ALL life... not just one species. (I get that humanity is special to the reapers)

I really wan't to see the greater context here. If humanity is just their first stop I'm cool with that, but I really wan't then to drive the point home that once humanity is taken care of the rest of the Galaxy is next.

It be nice to have the Reapers make a trail thought the galaxy to get to Earth... you know blow some Assari, or Turrian worlds as they pass by so that we know they aren't ignoring everyone else just to get to us.

I wonder how Illusive Man responds to what has happened

COUGH COUGH HACK COUGH (falls over)

Not a prequel so Im getting it

I doubt the reapers are pissed off, they seem to hold humanity in high regard as a threat but just keep on doing their thing

Well I'll be buying this game day 1 thats for sure! I'm hoping to Baby Jesus that M$ does a digital pre-order someday with their games on the system. you download the game data and it releases at 12:01am release day just like PC games. I have all my mass effect games on the xbox...and i do have the PC version of Mass Effect but it looks lousy. anyone know of any mods that change the resolution and such?

...I might be that happiest man in the world.

Also, that British soldier is taking the Kaidan/Jacob position. Calling it now.

I kinda look like he Shep IRL only less muscle and more scrawny net nerd.

Shep vs a planet full of Reapers?

Doesn't seem fair.

They're gonna need more Reapers...

Also good thing I still have my saves, from my playthrough. Will be interesting to see how it influences the new game.

In my playthrough I saved the Collector base, so the technology acquired from there should give us an advantage. The Terran Empire shall prevail!

I forgot what I did with that base, but I'm pretty sure that I did everything I could in the best interests of humanity.

All Glory to the United Earth Direc.... er.... Humanity.

2q3zlo5.jpg

My asshole Shephard from ME1 an 2 trying to convince the other Alien races to save mankind. Hmmm.

Hah! That's going to come back to bite me in the ass. Especially the thing in ME1 where I <spoiler>.

As for the Illusive Man, I doubt he'll be a big problem if you pissed him off at the end of ME2. He gives off a major "dude you don't **** with" vibe, but so does Shephard, and with humanity at risk he'll probably be practical enough to put past grudges aside. What happens after the conflict, however...

Man, I really love the interplay between sequels with this franchise. For all the misgivings I had about the first game, the way my actions affected the second one easily made up for it.

Interesting. But I hope grey Earth is just one part of the game, and that we will still have shiny, pretty, colorful space thingies to explore and see like in the first two. Part of why I liked the Mass Effect games, all the colorzzz.

The likelihood of them taking out the space travel aspect entirely is pretty remote, I'd think (and hope).

Anyone getting a big Halo 2 vibe from the Earth invasion thing? Same fallen future metropolis kind of look.

Back