Minecraft = Love

Don't worry, I keep losing my inventory just from regular rollbacks.

I just warped back 2 hours, losing all my inventory I had, and reverting to what I had at the 2 hours previously.

It's weird, that never happened with the old admin system.

Where is personal inventory information stored, and how do you force a save of that? That's what I want to know.

I don't understand how that is happening to you. I've only had a few second warpbacks. I guess they make sense when it is laggy, cause the game reacts to your actions and sends data to the server; it then makes an update and realizes (since your data hasn't reached the server due to lag or packet loss) that what you are seeing is not what the server "sees" and the game reverts to the previous state. That's why sometimes you place a block and it disappears or dig out a block and it reappears.

But 2 hour warpbacks, that's crazy :|

Hey guys I'm that hugely popular dude named Sui you all used to know and love. My minecraft name is Sui42, can I get whitelisted?

I had a warp back last time I was on. I would get it sent me back about twenty minutes or so but I'm not sure.

Hey guys I'm that hugely popular dude named Sui you all used to know and love. My minecraft name is Sui42, can I get whitelisted?

Hey Sui.

I'm logging in to whitelist you now before I head to work.

EDIT: Whitelisted.

I don't understand how that is happening to you. I've only had a few second warpbacks. I guess they make sense when it is laggy, cause the game reacts to your actions and sends data to the server; it then makes an update and realizes (since your data hasn't reached the server due to lag or packet loss) that what you are seeing is not what the server "sees" and the game reverts to the previous state. That's why sometimes you place a block and it disappears or dig out a block and it reappears.

But 2 hour warpbacks, that's crazy :|

Yeah, I tried to log off periodically to "save" my inventory from a new position, but it didn't work that time. Moved me waaaaaaaaay back.

I love the server we have, probably the best I've seen because there are no random dicks who **** shit up.

Suicide42!?

Man, long time no see.

I'm in a class about video games at uni and we spent about 20 minutes talking about Minecraft today. Another guy in the class brought it in and we showed everyone what it's all about. I expect Notch is gonna make about 50 bucks off my class alone.

If any of you were in when I hopped on the server earlier today for about 2 minutes, it was because I was showing my professor what a decently developed MP server can look like.

Raz, would I be able to get whitelisted and get server details too? I haven't played in a few weeks, but i'd like to try multi.

I'm Kazsymonds.

Cheers

Holy shit, welcome back!

I may be playing tonight, depends how smoothly my move-in goes.

I'm still having the furnace problem. It keeps on eating the stuff I put in it.

Edit: I also keep losing the sound after I've been playing for a few minutes. Any word on how to fix these or when they will be fixed?

Hokey, could you perhaps upload the save with our map somewhere sometime (no rush)? It would be nice to see it in Cartographer etc.

Nice video Shaker :)

BUT! Remember when I reminded you to set draw distance to maximum and you said you have it on the highest setting? Well, I don't think it was set to "FAR" - it was foggy. And I know, for example, that the hill with my tower on top of it is visible from BadHat's Tree area and I don't think you even saw the bottom of the hill from there.

Anyway, made a cabin in some sweet surroundings:

97782133.jpg

78396576.jpg

Uh, I guess I should be whitelisted if I ever want to play sometime maybe ever if he fixes and adds more stuff.

Acepilotf14
like usual.

I made a gunship. It's got Ennui's house in it's targets!

83912031.png

69956377.png

91663821.png

51536774.png

53124041.png

14955307.png

Kazsymonds and Ace, I've whitelisted both of you.

edit: that's pretty frickin cool sui

Its amazing how so much have change since we first started the server. Cant imagine how crazy it will be months from now :D

Hokey, could you perhaps upload the save with our map somewhere sometime (no rush)? It would be nice to see it in Cartographer etc.

Anyway, made a cabin in some sweet surroundings:

97782133.jpg

78396576.jpg

First: That is an awesome idea!

Second: Dang! I was going to build there... you willing to share? I promise I won't crowd. I'll even help.

another idea: I think we should set apart areas for different types of construction. The area around the spawn is "The City" (we should get it a better name)... we need "The Country" or some sore of rural type area.

I'm building a giant Wall before I build me house/palace construction was started on the 20th day of September, 2010

est time for completion 2-3 years, lol

That looks awesome. Yeah as more is built and different areas are explored we need to name them.

if someone pays me real money il make a real life scale model of The Citadel in obsidian.

Tonight I headed out east, far east. At one point I thought I had reached the end of the world. A vast ocean stretched out before me with just a couple of islands in the distance. I swam towards them, and lo! A new continent, untouched and waiting to be discovered. I found a secluded bay with a little beach that seemed perfect for a villa with a view. When I had built that, I erected a lighthouse across the bay from my house. I wonder if any travelers will ever see it ...

@Warped
That wall is immense. At first I couldn't even believe it was actually built. From a distance it looked like a mountain.

@Hokey
Thanks again for hosting. It is a lot of fun to see how everyone lets their imagination run wild in all kinds of different ways. And like Unfocused asked, could you upload the map so we can see it in Cartographer? I am guessing the inhabited world is getting huge.

@Unfocused
You were right about the draw distance: it was set to normal. Stupid. Although I have to say it looks more atmospheric ;)

@Emporius

@Warped
That wall is immense. At first I couldn't even believe it was actually built. From a distance it looked like a mountain.

LOL that was just one night bro. I continue the build very soon I've been itching to play all damn day

edit: can't log in at all. it seems bugged

ugh.jpg

man this sucks....what does it mean?? I bought like over a month ago

I logged out, and tried logging back in, but I cannot get in.

Minecraft servers are down for some reason.

Says outdated launcher.

Redownloaded client and got in.

yeah redownloading it now, the site is back up....seriously wtf 5.5kbps download!!!

thank god the file is small

For people asking about cartographer -

Does it only cartograph the main spawn area or does it stretch as far as people have built stuff? I haven't messed with it too much. I'm asking because Vegeta's and my base are a ways out. The more rural area.

Edit: My client says servers are down and the minecraft site is down. Other people are playing, though. :(

It sucks that minecarts create too much lag... This place will soon become too big to move around effectively. Once I'm done with my HL2 City project I plan on moving to the north. Very nice and rural.

It's the fact the changes are persistant, even though the effect of players can spread outwards into infinity, the things people made when you first opened the server, will still be there, (assuming no one blows it up).

Believe it or not but this Giant Wall of WARPED (Desmon in game) is only halfway complete

MINE1.jpg

MINE2.jpg

MINE3.jpg

That's warped.

No, I haven't spawned anything.

I close my eyes and see nothing but me jumping and creating pieces brick by brick. i'll take a break i think for a bit.

The cartographer crashes 60% through the progress when i try to take the pic. Does it work for anyone else?

It doesn't crash, you just have to wait. Don't mess with it and click around shit.

I've used the carto several times, it maps out what has been generated based on where people have moved.

The cartographer crashes 60% through the progress when i try to take the pic. Does it work for anyone else?

Same thing is happening to me as well. Tried playing it for a bit in single and deleting the player list in the file, but none have worked.

Try moving it to another world slot?

I think the best names are the City (main spawn area, especially south and west of spawn), the South (past BadHat/Morgz' tree, out where delusional and unfocused are) and the Northlands (over the ocean to the north, not much development yet but EngimaToad and I are going to start expanding out there since we're out of space in our plots in the City).

FYI, there is a tunnel to the Northlands under the ocean you can access by going into my "estate". If you come through the front door (with the brick wall) take a left at the pyramid, go around its edge, and continue straight north to the tunnel.

can we call my area Mordor?? i do have a few neighbors around me

Back