Osama bin Laden is dead

BHC are you serious or just flamebaiting? Really difficult to tell... I really want to respond to some of your stupid statements but it's 7 AM and I need to get to bed.

Figured that someone on this forum wouldn't understand that our media and peoples' very loud-spoken jubilation in lieu of the death of a mass-murderer with followers willing to give their lives just waiting for the proper fuel to continue their barrage would post.

also: you're stupid

er... so you would rather he was left alone entirely? or something? what exactly are you trying to imply with your posts, here?

Thought for sure he had died years ago and his death just kept a secret... well, nice to have closure.

BHC are you serious or just flamebaiting? Really difficult to tell... I really want to respond to some of your stupid statements but it's 7 AM and I need to get to bed.

I suppose I'll let my comments sit and let the forthcoming e-furor and multi-quote debaters decide.

er... so you would rather he was left alone entirely? or something? what exactly are you trying to imply with your posts, here?
Oh cheer up. You seem almost sad that Osama is dead.

Are you a terrorist, by any chance?

Christ numbers, you sound like Joseph McCarthy, as usual.

straw manning epitomized

so... you won't let us in on what you were implying, because you think its fun to watch people decide if you were intentionally trolling or not? hmmmmmmmmm.

my facebook feed is kind of difficult to read at the moment... from to the uber patriotic screaming JUSTICE to most everyone else trying their hardest to be clever and for the most part failing embarrassingly.

There's a middle ground, believe it or not. In many ways I harbor a glib satisfaction, but I understand that if we truly understood our "enemies" we wouldn't run around in the streets cheering "U.S.A.", as if the death of one man is a guaranteed pivotal step in a war against an enemy that remains as opaque as our intentions of pursuing it. Ding dong the witch is dead? Nah - perhaps a sigh of relief and a concerned quandary of what's to come.

A morale and patriotic victory, but not a practical one.

He shouldn't have used his real address when signing up for PSN...

There's a middle ground, believe it or not. In many ways I harbor a glib satisfaction, but I understand that if we truly understood our "enemies" we wouldn't run around in the streets cheering "U.S.A., as if the death of one man is a guaranteed pivotal step in a war against an enemy that remains as opaque as our intentions of pursuing it. Ding dong the witch is dead? Nah - perhaps a sigh of relief and a concerned quandary of what's to come.

yeah im pretty sure i just asked you what you were implying, because i honestly didnt understand what you were getting at.

next time somebody asks you to elaborate your opinion try not to accuse them of setting up straw men and condescendingly telling them there is a "middle ground" to an opinion you had yet to state. because it doesn't make any sense at all even a little, and it's kind of stupid. the great part is that i agree, which is why i found this so annoying.

I found my mind, cynically, wander to the thousands of civilians dead in both Iraq and Afghanistan caused by US forces when Obama was talking of the loss of loved ones by 9/11.

yeah im pretty sure i just asked you what you were implying, because i honestly didnt understand what you were getting at.

next time somebody asks you to elaborate your opinion try not to accuse them of setting up straw men and condescendingly telling them there is a "middle ground" to an opinion you had yet to state. because it doesn't make any sense at all even a little, and it's kind of stupid. the great part is that i agree, which is why i found this so annoying.

You asked if I was implying he be left alone entirely, that's a straw man because I didn't even begin to argue such a thing. I suppose I'm leaning towards believing Bin-Laden's death means very little, save for our (the American people's) reaction to it, and what that speaks to the world.

lol'd

This is exciting. I'd personally have really enjoyed the live capture and all the awesome that would have gone down after that. Would have been way better than the Saddam Hussein trial that no one really knew anything about...

I found my mind, cynically, wander to the thousands of civilians dead in both Iraq and Afghanistan caused by US forces when Obama was talking of the loss of loved ones by 9/11.

Yeah, but honestly, who cares about dem ragheads, the American ubermenschen were avenged!

(I'm sarcastic if you're clueless enough to not notice)

I suppose I'll let my comments sit and let the forthcoming e-furor and multi-quote debaters decide.

Christ numbers, you sound like Joseph McCarthy, as usual.

straw manning epitomized

To be fair, they really were commies.

I wanted to be fair to the dumb-dumbs that might persist on this forum. The dumb-dumbs are so stupid, they might think I'm actually racist, ain't that right, Rhonda?

Good ole SEALs/SF getting down and dirty and getting rid of that mug finally!

I'm glad he's dead. If only his death miraculously solved the world's problems with terrorism.

EDIT: Living in a ****ing compound?? How did no one ever notice? Bizarre.

Pakistan gives no ****s, they finally ratted him out and took some chump change.

Bout ****ing time. Typical HL2.net response is what follows.

Updated the OP with Obama's speech

I like this one better.

IDsF2.gif

10/10, just top notch stuff.

I wanted to be fair to the dumb-dumbs that might persist on this forum. The dumb-dumbs are so stupid, they might think I'm actually racist, ain't that right, Rhonda?

You're not fooling anyone, we all know you're prejudiced against people with gazelle fursonas. ;)

Awesome news. Unfortunately it means nothing for the war on terror and terrorism in general, except a feel good moment.

I like this one better.

IDsF2.gif

10/10, just top notch stuff.

You're not fooling anyone, we all know you're prejudiced against people with gazelle fursonas. ;)

Looks more like he's saying "He's toast."

Unlike the small children of HL2.net I think him finally being brought to justice is big blow to Al Qaeda. Fact of the matter is whilst he eluded US forces, there existed an air of invulnerability to the organisation. The public face of the organisation being brought down will undoubtedly have some psychological effect upon the organisation as whole, in the sense of if they can get him then they can get anyone. Sure it's easy to imagine that all of Al Qaeda are a bunch of mad ready to die at a moments notice mullahs, but the reality is more that you've a bunch of deluded intellectuals at the top with a lot of just enough education to perform lemmings below. No doubt there will be a degree of blowback (something the military are probably more than aware of), but in the long term this is a good thing.

Unlike the small children of HL2.net I think him finally being brought to justice is big blow to Al Qaeda. Fact of the matter is whilst he eluded US forces, there existed an air of invulnerability to the organisation. The public face of the organisation being brought down will undoubtedly have some psychological effect upon the organisation as whole, in the sense of if they can get him then they can get anyone. Sure it's easy to imagine that all of Al Qaeda are a bunch of mad ready to die at a moments notice mullahs, but the reality is more that you've a bunch of deluded intellectuals at the top with a lot of just enough education to perform lemmings below. No doubt there will be a degree of blowback (something the military are probably more than aware of), but in the long term this is a good thing.

This.

Counter Terrorists win.

It's good news, but the general American reaction is going to be excrutiating. This is not cause to go around the streets chanting "USA, USA".

but I guess that's just a drop in the ocean compared to how upset they'll already be at his death.

Lol please tell me you didn't know they buried him at sea when you wrote that.

Apparently, they dumped him in the sea after autopsy etc

Just been watching the news about it all.

And essentially, this is really nothing more than justice being served too late. He is dead, that's great, the leader dies, but his legacy lives on everywhere, which is what we are really fighting.

This really changes nothing. It never would have.

Darker days are ahead as a result. You dont light the match once they've been soaked in gasoline. We've just poked the sleeping bear, our faces are about to be raped off.

lol.

Just been watching the news about it all.

And essentially, this is really nothing more than justice being served too late. He is dead, that's great, the leader dies, but his legacy lives on everywhere, which is what we are really fighting.

This really changes nothing. It never would have.

Darker days are ahead as a result. You dont light the match once they've been soaked in gasoline. We've just poked the sleeping bear, our faces are about to be raped off.

Read Kadayi's better thought out post.

Lol please tell me you didn't know they buried him at sea when you wrote that.

Apparently, they dumped him in the sea after autopsy etc

"The United States is ensuring that the body of slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is being handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition, a U.S. official told reporters on Monday."

I've only briefly read up on this so bare with me here but am I correct in assuming they dumped his body in the ocean to prevent hordes of derp de durkas from raiding them in an attempt to retrieve the body of their martyr?

"The United States is ensuring that the body of slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is being handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition, a U.S. official told reporters on Monday."

Screw that. He killed people of all races and religions, he shouldn't be treated with any respect what so ever.

Back