Osama bin Laden is dead

Jesus Fox, can't we get just a few hours without your fear mongering? Their biggest front page link on their site isn't even about how Osama is dead, its about how we're going to be attacked because he is dead. ****ing hell I hate Fox.

WfRB9.jpg
Okay, now they're just straight-up advertising anti-terror security theatre as Homeland Insurance. How can anyone believe this shit?

Thinking about it, I bet there was a queue for being the guy to shoot him.

I reckon you'd teabag the body a few times too, you know, on behalf of humanity and all.

EDIT: Wow, that Fox news thing is crazy and the 'Fair and Balanced' in their logo is hilarious.

On the plus side, all of the jokes in the Simpsons now make sense to me.

Apparently the SEALs were ordered not to bother trying to capture him, but rather go straight for the kill. That's a bit ****ed up, don't you think?

Apparently the SEALs were ordered not to bother trying to capture him, but rather go straight for the kill. That's a bit ****ed up, don't you think?

You risk life unnecessarily if you make a concerted effort to capture him rather than kill him. Could make the difference between mission success and mission failure, especially since they would have to be in and out quick.

I was waiting for one of the HL2.net retards to say this. I have no idea what you paid Stern to let you say it first.

I was waiting for one of the HL2.net retards to say this. I have no idea what you paid Stern to let you say it first.

I was waiting for one of the HL2.net retards to say this. I have no idea what you paid unozero to let you say it first.

I was waiting for one of the HL2.net retards to say this. I have no idea what you paid unozero to let you say it first.

I was waiting for one of the HL2.net retards to say this. I have no idea what you paid Badhat to let you say it first.

With calling anyone retarded I'm not sure I understand your beef ZT. If it was possible to capture him you don't think that would have been the better option?

The actor playing him died. It whould have been insensitive to recast.

With calling anyone retarded I'm not sure I understand your beef ZT. If it was possible to capture him you don't think that would have been the better option?

My point is that capturing him isn't realistic, and to call it "****ed up" given the circumstances, is a stupid thing to say. Can you seriously imagine trying to coordinate a capture of Osama? Let alone plan his murder? It has to be ****ing hell, and you realize the massive risk of US troops being killed, along with civilians? Given what we know about this group, they would not have negotiated a capture, and we would have failed in some way. People have totally unrealistic expectations of troops and their abilities.

you're making just as many assumptions as anyone else in this thread ZT

Man, I can't imagine being on the team during briefing...

Also too bad this doesn't change the fact that we will continue to need to have troops in Afghanistan.

My point is that capturing him isn't realistic, and to call it "****ed up" given the circumstances, is a stupid thing to say. Can you seriously imagine trying to coordinate a capture of Osama? Let alone plan his murder? It has to be ****ing hell, and you realize the massive risk of US troops being killed, along with civilians? Given what we know about this group, they would not have negotiated a capture, and we would have failed in some way. People have totally unrealistic expectations of troops and their abilities.

So you don't think it was even worth making the order "if you can capture him great, if not kill him"? You are making a bunch of assumptions which none of us can make. The only people capable of making assumptions were the people that were on the ground, shouldn't the decision have been left up to them?

No, because it's not their job to make those kinds of decisions.

We're all making assumptions, yes. Given what we understand about these terrorists, and their willingness to die in order to protect their cause, what would you say involves more risk, killing, or capturing?

What do you mean it's not their job? Their job is to take orders. If the order is "capture him if you can otherwise kill him" are you telling me the SEALs aren't capable of handling such an order?

Who gave the order not to try and take him alive, the head of the CIA, or the commanding officer of the Navy SEALs? If they were expecting a firefight then you would assume the Navy SEALs wouldn't be planning on arresting anyone.

hahaha craigslist members use death of osama as excuse to hook up

Married guy excitied about our country and its slow accomplihsments. Looking for one or two buddy to come up, strip, and see what happens

:x

"Just like our American helicopters went down on Bin Laden's mansion in Pakistan, I think the appropriate thing to do would also involve this American going down (on you), but in a much friendlier way. Okay, so that was a bit of a stretch for a pun, but I do think it's a great way for two of us Americans (whatever background you may be... as long as you're female) to celebrate!"

o_O

Looking for super hot roleplay session where I play Osama and you play Obama. I want to reenact the scene of his death but this time I want it to end with hot topping butt sex action. Oh baby, choke me with my turban, you Oval Office stud. It would help if you'd be willing to recite his speech on the matter while I blow you."

O_O

http://www.tbd.com/blogs/amanda-hess/2011/05/get-laid-to-the-death-of-osama-bin-laden-10590.html

Who gave the order not to try and take him alive, the head of the CIA, or the commanding officer of the Navy SEALs? If they were expecting a firefight then you would assume the Navy SEALs wouldn't be planning on arresting anyone.

I'm not sure, I assumed from reading it the order came from the top up before they went in. I could be wrong on that assumption. If the order was given on the ground then okay, but if it was given from the top I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

You risk life unnecessarily if you make a concerted effort to capture him rather than kill him. Could make the difference between mission success and mission failure, especially since they would have to be in and out quick.
Armchair close quarter fighting expert.
Are you lot having a laugh? I was just saying that they could have been instructed to capture him if the opportunity arose (like if he surrendered straight away). Obviously don't do it if it would put the soldiers in greater danger. Jeez, since when is extrajudicial assassinations to prefer over a fair trail and the rule of law? You people scare me at times.

It's not as simple as "capture him if you can!". How likely would it be that an operation was interchangeable from "kill him" to "capture him", while being IN the operation? The entire nature of the operation would likely have to be different in order to organize a capture, from start, to finish. Plus, you know, I wouldn't want to be the one capturing a dude who supports blowing yourself up in the name of martyrdom. I certainly would prefer the troops to shoot first, in order to ensure success, and in order to protect their own safety from any number of lethal attacks Osama or others might have in their sleeves. Can you imagine what a joke this would be if Osama blew himself up when American Troops attempted to detain him?

You don't think the SEALs are smart enough to see Osama strapped with a suicide vest? If he had the means to blow himself up the objective, wether to capture or to kill, wouldn't change that fact. So I don't understand your point on that.

And in what way would a capture mission be different? They couldn't bring a pair of handcuffs and a bag to put over his head? I'm guessing there was room for one more on those blackhawks.

For the military supporter that you are you don't seem to have a lot of faith in a military team that goes through the hardest military training on the planet.

there's ZT making assumptions again

I wouldn't want to be the one capturing a dude who supports blowing yourself up in the name of martyrdom

lol ya that's one hell of an assumption to make. he supports other people blowing themselves up that much is true; all else is speculative

If they suspected they would be facing 25 heavily armed terrorists, it seems logical they would follow a shoot to kill policy.

If the were ordered to kill bin laden no matter what, even if the found him unarmed hiding under a bed, that would be a different story, but I see no reason to believe that was the case.

Like I said, I don't know what the exact orders were. And you could be right. But ZT seems to think that a shoot to kill operation no matter the SEALs ran in to is the right course of action. Which I personally think is not only pretty damn absurd it would also be totally illegal.

If they suspected they would be facing 25 heavily armed terrorists, it seems logical they would follow a shoot to kill policy.

If the were ordered to kill bin laden no matter what, even if the found him unarmed hiding under a bed, that would be a different story, but I see no reason to believe that was the case.

lol you have no reason to believe either scenario but you choose to believe he was armed to teeth because it supports your agenda. the reality could oprobably be all of them or none of them so why speculate?

My Facebook feed is going crazy with rejoicing over the death of Osama bin Laden, the puported mastermind behind the 9/11 attacks in the US. As an American citizen and a Christian, I am placed in an interesting position.

In America, bin Laden has been reviled since 2001 and I myself have, in my youth (since it's been so long since we've been looking for him), postulated the most cruel and hateful way to extract the rightful vengeance on bin Laden for his hateful terrorism and the wrongful taking of American lives.

I was utterly wrong. As Christians, we need to remember that it is not in the nature of the gospel to be bloodthirsty or to seek out, hope for, or rejoice in vengeance. Vengeance is the Lord's, and if vengeance is to be taken upon Osama bin Laden, then it is none of our concern. And if vengeance is not to be taken upon him, let us all be prepared to greet bin Laden with open arms as a brother in Christ should we meet him after our own deaths.

Let us lift up Osama bin Laden in prayer and also his family, as they mourn the loss of a loved one.

:rolling: stfu churchy

http://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/h1u5p/a_christian_response_to_bin_ladens_death/

Are you lot having a laugh? I was just saying that they could have been instructed to capture him if the opportunity arose (like if he surrendered straight away). Obviously don't do it if it would put the soldiers in greater danger. Jeez, since when is extrajudicial assassinations to prefer over a fair trail and the rule of law? You people scare me at times.

Having a laugh? No... I think ZT's statement was retarded calling you a retard. I just stated that the risk trying to take him alive is too great.

I mean wait... you don't think that we have to give Osama a trial do you? He's a ****ing military combatant. I mean if we can get him alive, that's one thing and he needs a trial then, but killing him in conflict is not a moral injustice. It's not extra-judicial assassination. He's an enemy of the state and a military combatant.

martyr status confirmed

those who have no understanding of history cheer around Whitehouse

Didn't realize one couldn't just be happy that a murdering **** got some comeuppance. Our apologies.

I understand where you're coming from, but come on. The man responsible for the largest terrorist attack and death toll on our home soil just bit the bullet. Of course there is going to be jubiliation, and I'm pretty sure Osama would a be a martyr worthy of vengeance regardless if the White House lawn was one whoop away from exploding into a parade. I don't see how the behavior would be any different if it were another country. Seems to me that the reaction to his death is running a pretty natural course of events and I don't see how it hurts anybody.

lol you have no reason to believe either scenario but you choose to believe he was armed to teeth because it supports your agenda. the reality could oprobably be all of them or none of them so why speculate?

We know he was armed and shot in the face during a firefight, which lasted 40 minutes. The fact it was left to Navy SEALs to handle and not the pakistani police implies it a very dangerous operation. Not even the normal Navy SEALs, the even more elite Team 6 Devgru Navy SEALs.

For those of you saying we should have taken him alive at all costs... Tell me exactly how you would have accomplished that? Even in the firefight aimed to kill, it took a long time to bring him and his henchmen down. How would you have proposed they take him alive without getting themselves killed and operating for a longer period of time that would have brought further reinforcements to the compound?

You've all been watching way too many ****ing movies.

Personally I'd rather let him die than risk our soldiers dying further. While yeah, that sounds a bit biased think about what he's caused.

We know he was armed and shot in the face during a firefight, which lasted 40 minutes. The fact it was left to Navy SEALs to handle and not the pakistani police implies it a very dangerous operation. Not even the normal Navy SEALs, the even more elite Team 6 Devgru Navy SEALs.

would you give the job of capturing/killing public enemy #1, the man supposedly responsible for the deadliest terrorist attack in recent history to another country's police force or a regular unit? or would you send your best to make sure the job is done?

For those of you saying we should have taken him alive at all costs... Tell me exactly how you would have accomplished that? Even in the firefight aimed to kill, it took a long time to bring him and his henchmen down. How would you have proposed they take him alive without getting themselves killed and operating for a longer period of time that would have brought further reinforcements to the compound?

You've all been watching way too many ****ing movies.

It'd be like Call of Duty where they throw a flashbang grenade in, then time slows and they pull our their pistol and shoot everyone in slow motion except Osama. From there they would extract him.

If it was one guy on his own, the police could handle it, Pakistan has handled numerous highy ranking terrorist in the past. If it's mulitple armed terrorists in a fortified compound then only western special forces are capable of dealing with it. Given the fact Pakistan doesn't particularly like America, and US forces have never been allowed to set foot on Pakistani soil before, it leads me to believe SEALs were required for the job due to the danger level.

Oh god... I can only imagine the multitude of movies coming out about this. And all the news station reenactments involving a lot of yelling and bad acting.

I think they didn't let Pakistan know about this because they didn't trust the government, which I think is a valid concern. So I don't think leaving Pakistan out of it had anything to do with the complexity of the situation, it had to do with the fear someone would tip him off.

For those of you saying we should have taken him alive at all costs...

Who is saying that? Maybe I missed some posts.

Back