Post your latest purchases with pics (NO STOCK IMAGES)

In short, I'm retiring it.

I was originally going to buy a new laptop (the one in the background is 4 years old), but I decided to buy this instead. Since I'm somewhat heavy into gaming, a decent gaming laptop would have cost me over $1,200. I figured I'd buy this tablet (~$350 w/ keyboard dock, thanks to the Best Buy Black Friday doorbuster sale) and then build a new tower instead of going with a heavy, expensive laptop. This way, I'll have something mobile (for work/class) and an upgradeable gaming rig... all together cheaper than what I would have originally spent on a new laptop.

32GB next to a tic tac.

zWV4k.jpg

Asus Transformer 10" 16Gb running Android Honeycomb 3.2.1 w/ dock accessory (adds 6 hours of battery life to make 16 hours, full SD card slot, and two regular USB slots with plug and play/hosting capability).

Excuse the iPhone quality shots/fingerprints.

Docked.

*snip*

Undocked.

yp0Eu.jpg

Rear.

*snip*

In short, I ****ing love this thing. That's a 15" Asus laptop in the back for size comparison (and I was too lazy to take pictures in a neutral location).
Yeah, this is more like it. If the iPad had a proper OS and a dock like that I'd actually be interested in it. Are you finding the battery sufficient? When my current netbook dies and I have the cash when that happens I want to have a gaming rig plus something like this. Buy an upgrade to Dropbox and sync all the important files between them and you get the best of everything.

Great pic. Just twenty years ago you needed something the size of a Lego piece to store 1 MB.

Just read something on Engadget today that they've made a commercial grade microsd card that holds 128GB. I can't wait till they shrink a TB that low

Does anybody else think that the technology on the Enterprise isn't near as impressive as some of the things we have today?

Yeah, this is more like it. If the iPad had a proper OS and a dock like that I'd actually be interested in it. Are you finding the battery sufficient? When my current netbook dies and I have the cash when that happens I want to have a gaming rig plus something like this. Buy an upgrade to Dropbox and sync all the important files between them and you get the best of everything.

The tablet goes about ~7-8 hours of normal use (for me, this includes: mobile games, divx/youtube streaming, playing videos, music, note-taking, etc.), so add about 6 hours to that when attached to the dock = ~13-14 hours. Asus states it (/w dock) will last up to 16 hours with continuous normal use, but maybe I'm just a heavy user.

You're partaking in the same plan that I am. High-five! I'm currently planning my build in expectation of my notebook dying any day now. Those hard-drive clicks aren't getting any softer..

Hmmm, that battery life seems kind of short. My Motorola Xoom will run for 14-16 hours on its internal battery, and that's watching videos, playing music, and running DosBox to play Master of Orion 2 while using the GPS to track where I'm at.

The tablet goes about ~7-8 hours of normal use (for me, this includes: mobile games, divx/youtube streaming, playing videos, music, note-taking, etc.), so add about 6 hours to that when attached to the dock = ~13-14 hours. Asus states it (/w dock) will last up to 16 hours with continuous normal use, but maybe I'm just a heavy user.

You're partaking in the same plan that I am. High-five! I'm currently planning my build in expectation of my notebook dying any day now. Those hard-drive clicks aren't getting any softer..
Do you know if there's any plans for similar "transformer" tablets running Windows? Or if anyone has managed to install Ubuntu on it?

Bought a bag and The Walking Dead Compendium One (books 1-48 in the series, 1055 pages!)
xWZ6i.jpg

Got something to read at work now! :)

Do you know if there's any plans for similar "transformer" tablets running Windows? Or if anyone has managed to install Ubuntu on it?

Can't say that I do, but I haven't done any research on it. You do, however, have the option of going with an Asus Slate that runs Windows 7... but it is tremendously more expensive.

It's winter and I needed a warm jacket so I went out and I bought a warm jacket.

I like it.

p1050785n.jpg

Also, what it looks like with me in it:
p1050764m.jpg

Then I took the liberty of buying these while I was at it:

p1050784.jpg

That is strawberry and mixed pear cider. Also, apologies for crappy pictures. I left my camera at my place and I'm at my 'rents house for Crimbo so it's a borrowed camera and it's an awful camera.

I have that mouse! can't get the on-the-fly sensitivity to work though, did yours come with a drivers disc or anything? I can't remember if mine did.

Can't say that I do, but I haven't done any research on it. You do, however, have the option of going with an Asus Slate that runs Windows 7... but it is tremendously more expensive.
Thanks. Perhaps I will keep an eye on this sort of stuff.

I have that mouse! can't get the on-the-fly sensitivity to work though, did yours come with a drivers disc or anything? I can't remember if mine did.

Mine did come with a CD. But who needs CDs with drivers when we've got the Internet anyway? Just download it from Razer's site.

I now have a MSI GX740 laptop and a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Does this mean I'm off the Apple Defence Force???

ICS is gorgeous and insanely fast. But this is my first android phone, so I'm like ''what does this do? How do I do this? OMG you can change the size of the widgets on your home screens!'' and it's all a bit overwhelming. Rooting seems the way to go (i think). Want to do things like put old Playstation games on etc. It's just going to take a while to get used to it. Plus I need to hit my service provider's store in town to get a proper sim card (only had a micro sim in my iPhone), so I cant make calls etc or even get certain apps.

And the Nexus itself is just gorgeous. The screen feels massive compared to the iPhone, is perfectly crisp, colours are deep and rich, and the phone itself so light. Feels great in the hands,

Took me AGES to figure out how to use the on-the-fly sensitivity. You have to set a button to it (I use middle mouse/scrolling button) and then you have to use the scroller to select the sensitivity. If you just hold the button, nothing changes or appears on screen. Roll the scroller though and the bar/graphic on the right side of the screen appears. Just make sure the display for the on-the-fly in the settings is ticked, or you wont see any indications of a change.

My Deathadder is the 3500DPI one, and didnt come with any discs. It says on a leaflet and in the manual you need to download the drivers off their website. You can still plug-n-play, but download the drivers and you get the software to make changes to every setting you can think of.

Problem I have with the on-the-fly, is that it ****king minimises Battlefield 3 and slaps it into windowed mode. Dont know why. Need to look into it, seems something to do with AA settings...meh...annoying. Could just set profiles and change them with the profile button underneath the mouse.

Miss the DPI buttons on my Logitech mouse now though, have to say.

But the Razer is just a dream to use. Smooth, better precision. Feels amazing and sculpted to perfection to your hand.

A gaming laptop? I think ADF should just be renamed "The Sucker Squad."

At least you got the right kind of mouse :p

Took the Temporary Residence Holiday Surprise Pack gamble. 4 cds for $15, new but unsellable (e.g. unwrapped packages). You can write in a list of preferences and they send you stuff. Also, it's advertised as 4 for $15 but they gave me six because they're awesome, all artists that I'd listed. And two of them are in perfect packaging condition too. Totally worth it if you like at least 3-4 artists in their catalog.

pkRLX.jpg

Probably most excited about the By The End Of Tonight/Tera Melos split. The type of music I love in small doses but wouldn't go out of my way to buy.

Go8FN.jpg

Plus a motherboard to support it and a Geforce 560 that I don't feel like coming up with an image of.

Fine heres some shitty camera pics because I sure as shit ain't digging out my real camera for this. You're lucky I didn't bother putting the sides back on either otherwise I wouldn't have taken any pics.

Holy shit I'm lazy.

Anyways:
08go2.jpg

FbVR2.jpg

Yeah, thats five hard drives, so what?

I'm disappointed that you didn't spend the extra $30 for the 2500K.

Egg salad. Only needed 3 eggs for these two sandviches. First time makin them, ended up eatin the 4th alone :p

Clxvm.jpg

I got this baby off Ebay!

mYOZK.jpg

uyogG.jpg

**** you Ebay!

Taking all the pictures took over an hour. I had no idea how the box was going to be organized, so it was completely unplanned.

The PC I bought in December + BF3. The vents on top of the case are just asking to have something poured down them - not that I have spilled anything on my previous PC, but I'm not sure if that's a great idea to have them there.

93872451.jpg

A bit messy, but there's not really much space for cable management and the cables aren't modular. Doesn't seem to have any problems with airflow though, temps are fine.

75767001.jpg

Was kind of proud of myself when I assembled it - booted with no problems :) The PSU rattled a bit during more intensive use (gaming) at first, but it seems fine now.

Loving the cable management :D Having some good games on BF3 with you though! Shame we couldn't squad up tonight! Get yourself on mumble ;)

Back