Republican Chairman Michael Steele says Obama started war in afghanistan

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele expressed an unusual interpretation of the relationship between Barack Obama and the war in Afghanistan at a Connecticut fundraiser Thursday.

"This was a war of Obama's choosing," Michael Steele said at the event. "This is not something the United States has actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in."

"Well, if he's such a student of history, has he not understood that, you know, that's the one thing you don't do is engage in a land war in Afghanistan, alright, because everyone who's tried over a thousand years of history has failed," Steele continued.

wtf george bush?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/02/michael-steele-says-afgha_n_633730.html

irony of all ironies: republicans appealing to demographics (Steele is black) as a sort of a demented affirative action that backfires in their face for the exact reasons they're against affirmative action in the first place: the right guy (the mythical (and white) "smart republican") was passed over in favor of a person of colour. except he's as dumb as a post

You know, it could be an elaborate ploy to get people to think G.W.B. never existed and the wars are all Obama's fault.

A moron who makes a couple valid points. I wish Obama had not pursued Afghanistan. Huge waste of lives/money. He's (we're and they're also acceptable here, re:re: accountability, I voted for the man) continuing a legacy of violence that runs deep in a time of immense economic struggle, yatta yatta. Just get us the hell out of there.

But that will completely **** over Afghanistan and the U.S. will have spent 8 years in a war zone only to have the people they overthrew, back in charge. The whole thing is ****ed.

other side effects include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. consult your doctor to see if Obama© is right for you.

But that will completely **** over Afghanistan and the U.S. will have spent 8 years in a war zone only to have the people they overthrew, back in charge. The whole thing is ****ed.

yeah thats the point,sure the usa dont want another vietnam,and I dont think the country will be better whtit he talibans

still leftist will say it would have been much better and start calling it a example to follow

Still don't see why people defend Obama, when all he has done is continue the Bush war doctrine

Still don't see why people defend Obama, when all he has done is continue the Bush war doctrine

I like him for that, actually. I was afraid he'd pull out.

Well put.

We're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

They're damned if we do, we're damned if we don't.

I am more perplexed by the fact that a black guy's a Republican.

This guy's the epitome of self loath.

Is it really that much better for Afghanistan now that we're over there f*cking things up? Seems like they're f*cked either way, so whats the point in sending our people to their deaths and spending inordinate amounts of our money just to have the 'f*cked but with us still over there' option?

Iraq is salvageable....Afghanistan is so backwards....they ain't never gonna change.

Iraq is salvageable....Afghanistan is so backwards....they ain't never gonna change.

I agree. We are close with Iraq. Afghanistan is just a country living in the 10th century, and doesnt really have the will or the means to advance itself...

Damned if we do, damned and less broke if we don't. We aren't arranged to make big money on a military economy anymore, so don't feed me that one.

I agree. We are close with Iraq. Afghanistan is just a country living in the 10th century, and doesnt really have the will or the means to advance itself...

Close to what? Out of curiosity. There really isn't a tangible goal other than to "Kill duh bad guize", we're largely out now and I'm sure some political and religious tyrant will begin to pick up social fervor in no time.

When I voted for Obama, I accepted that Afghanistan would be continued, for a time at least, while the war in Iraq would be ended.

I no longer feel that way. I think we should draw down both wars and end them completely.

You really have to know when to fold them.

My question to you Republicans; Where were you and your valiant GOP heroes when Bush was exercising his war mongering and profiteering policy and the rest of his ****-upery while he was in charge?

I know exactly where. Right behind him, with your heads deep up his ass while reaching around and stroking his cock.

When I voted for Obama, I accepted that Afghanistan would be continued, for a time at least, while the war in Iraq would be ended.

I no longer feel that way. I think we should draw down both wars and end them completely.

You really have to know when to fold them.

I agree, but it won't happen until American influence is secured in both countries. We'll doubtless always have troops stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan in the future. Iran, Syria, and Lebanon are really the only countries in the middle east that don't kowtow to the West, so these wars are essential to maintain dominance in the region.

this! Obama could have started ended the Afghan War but companies are making a ton on war supplies. Obama could have helped the Gulf Oil Spill response instead he goes on vacation. Obama could have cut spending but instead gave us trillions of debt and still the job market is shit. No offense but Obama is now the Black Bush

Back