The Religions of HL2.net

What relligion are you?

• Total voters
I'm an atheist with a focus in non-theistic existentialism.

aaaaand another reason I love hl2.net.

The hundreds of atheists here. ^-^

I had to go to my family's friends Christmas cantata. it was sooooooo boring....

For Americans who do not know what the hell a Protestant is:
You are a Protestant if you believe in Jesus and are not a Roman or Orthodox Catholic.
Mormons are Protestants, Anglicans are Protestants.

Not everyone has accepted the Mormons as a denomination of Christianity though.

Because they were late. Very late. Lutherans protest agaisnt the Roman Catholic church (Being corupt at that time. Since Christians would get benefits, they would auto convert. Also the Roman Catholic church was starting to go like "Pay us monies and ur sins r gone lol if noy hell 2 u lol" so a German monk called Martin Luther [I really have no idea if i spelled his name correctly and also, he was no the one with the dream also, A BRACKET IN A BRACKET?] srated to protest, on goes people, King Henry wants a divorce, in comes the Church of England oh lol.)

So yes. If youre not Orthodox or Roman Catholic, you're protestant, if you're Mormon, well, it really depends on what people think. (I find it rude to call you a cult, yet I dont think youre a Denomination :()

Christmas isn't a Christian holiday. It was a pagan holiday before Christianity was invented and they kept that holiday to tempt more people to follow their ideas until it simply wasn't challenged anymore and has ingrained itself into society to the point it has been accepted as fact and Christmas mistaken for a Christian holiday.

Christmas isn't a Christian holiday. It was a pagan holiday before Christianity was invented and they kept that holiday to tempt more people to follow their ideas until it simply wasn't challenged anymore and has ingrained itself into society to the point it has been accepted as fact and Christmas mistaken for a Christian holiday.

^This.

Although it now has been accepted as a Christian holiday.

Also, there's the fact that it's f*cking Christmas. I mean, come on, what's not to love? :D

Anyway, I'm a very confident athiest, but the concept of religion doesn't really bother me anymore. When religions start meddling, on the other hand...

Oh, look, the overwhelming here are Atheist/Agnost, how exciting *SNOREEEEE*

I wasn't aware that religion or lack of religion made somebody more or less exciting.

In my world it doesn't anyway.

i picked muslim am not a muslim its just the lettering was all slanty and ooooooooo slanty
mine is not on there

I have no religion, so I guess I'm atheist.

Where are all the jews? Jews are the sexiest religion.

Hmmmm, I've just found this.
Sorry but I'm lazy to upload this on imageshack.

Attachments

• hahaha.JPG
    hahaha.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 255
Christian, even though it's not an exclusive answer.

EDIT: YES, I know Protestantism would be the one to vote for, theoretically, but I simply prefer the term Christian. Count me as one for Protestant.

I'm a mail order priest, but don't really care about religions (the mail order thing shows how serious religion is to me...) so I guess I'm an atheist.

Theres 14: protestant + catholic are both Christian [strike]cults[/strike] [strike]freaks[/strike] pineapples.

I'm suprised that there seem to be more Catholics than Protestants.

Yeah, and I'm neither of them. You don't see shiite and sunni up there, do you?

I am an Aceologist.
No, I'm serious.
I made my own religion.

no jews? come on, someone here has to be spinning the dreidel

My friend invented Chillism. It's actually a pretty great ****ing religion. I'd join it, if it were real.

Born and raised catholic, although I really don't like going to church, does that make me an Atheist? Probably not.

Also Atheist and Agnostic is not the same thing, I did a annotated bibliography research paper on this in Sociology of Religion course in my college.

Catholicism is by far the most interesting of the Christian sects. At least the cultural aspect or worthy of respect. The grey dullness, lifelessness and primitive mythology of Lutheranism is so depressing.

I don't understand. Are you talking about me or Pesh?

You quoted me. I must point out that, all though this is an assumption, you seem to be assuming he is assuming something.

I only quoted you once which was a reponse to "is this a joke?" post. I never quoted before that.

I'm pointing out that he thinks me pointing out that a wrote an annotated bibliography on atheism for sociology of religion, which is a "cool story". :rolleyes:

Back