What do you add to your tea? (black)

What do you put in black tea?

• Total voters

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
And what type of black tea do you drink?

Being an unrefined culchie with no taste I drink strong bagged tea with loads of milk and sugar because it tastes bloody amazing.

barrysgold.jpg

Edit: By water I mean adding extra water to cool it down with, not just the water you make the tea with.

Sugar, no matter the variety of tea. Also, I checked alcohol because [I'm always drinking alcohol], and tend to drink tea or coffee after alcohol (after the alcohol starts to wear off and I get lazy and need a pick-me-up), but I don't put it in my tea, that's bizarre!

Really? Is it any good?

Absolutely nothing.

Some black teas I drink are Irish Breakfast, Assam, Golden Monkey, Dian hong Yunnan Gold and Spring Darjeeling.

I really want to try some gunpowder tea.

I got some expensive Irish Breakfast tea - I don't like it very much.

I tried several brands of black tea, but TBH, strangely, my favorite is Wal-Mart brand. I don't really like Black Tea all that much, it's too boring.

Someone recommend the best black tea so I can try it.

What do I put into my tea? Coffee. I have 0% tea, 100% coffee, no milk, no cream, no sugar, nothing.

Man up, people, and stop drinking tea.

I voted only sugar, but I occasionally will put honey instead. When I've got a cold, I'll also sometimes put lemon inside.

What do I put into my tea? Coffee. I have 0% tea, 100% coffee, no milk, no cream, no sugar, nothing.

Ooooohhhh, so you can't handle drinking both? Grow some balls.

Your notion that tea is a woman's drink or a sissy man's drink is ridiculous :p

Abandon all your foolish thoughts of Tea Parties visited by rich women in flowery dresses and sun hats.

Instead imagine powerful martial artists relaxing over a smooth cup of tea prior to kicking ass.

Your notion that tea is a woman's drink or a sissy man's drink is ridiculous :p

Abandon all your foolish thoughts of Tea Parties visited by rich women in flowery dresses and sun hats.

Instead imagine powerful martial artists relaxing over a smooth cup of tea prior to kicking ass.

lmao. :LOL: Well put.

Never thought of it that way. That's quite interesting point of view.

Fixed. Put nothing in black tea you ******s.

You are worried that you have too much gayness inside you already. It is okay, it won't change you like that.

The idea that you're keeping the tea pure is nonsense. Nothing in this world is pure. Accept milk as an acceptable addition to the drink, you big gay shit.

You are worried that you have too much gayness inside you already. It is okay, it won't change you like that.

The idea that you're keeping the tea pure is nonsense. Nothing in this world is pure. Accept milk as an acceptable addition to the drink, you big gay shit.

I like to taste the tea, not the milk raping the tea.

Ice and sugar. Maybe a slice of lemon.

Why is water on the poll? Who makes tea without water? Is that even possible?

Ice and sugar. Maybe a slice of lemon.

Why is water on the poll? Who makes tea without water? Is that even possible?
Read the damn opening post.

And I've heard of making tea using hot milk instead of water.

Usually nothing, especially when other people are around and nobody puts anything in their tea. But if I'm by myself, sometimes I add sugar. Once I tried adding milk because I needed to get rid of it. I couldn't figure out the point of adding milk... it didn't make it taste any different.

Eh, Mom used to add milk to my tea when I was a kid. Milk can do a few things -

cool the tea so you can drink it immediately

greatly reduce teeth staining

add some body to the watery tea

A lot of the creamers are very sweet, so it can be used as a sweetener

I don't like milk or creamer in my tea though. I hardly notice a difference, and it's just not worth messing with.

Excuse me, I am very important to the well-being of this thread.

It all depends on what sort of black tea we are talking about here. There are several different types. I assume we are just talking about an Assam-Ceylon (or similar) English Breakfast tea? In which case, milk and a tiny speck of sugar.

I'm very often complimented on the craft of my cuppas.

Milk & a sweetener or two are what I add, but not usually actual sugar. I prefer sweeteners (particularly Sweetex) for some reason, perhaps because they don't affect the taste as strongly and you don't have to do extra fiddling with a spoon. Very rarely I'll add a drop of whisky, but coffee combines better with alcohol than tea does tbh.

The most brutal thing of all: NOOOTHIIIIING.

Sugar and some cold water, I ocassionally add milk too.

I'm not sure what black tea is. From the picture, I assume it is "Red Tea". (logically, because, it has a nice RED tinge to it).

British Standard Cuppa - milk, two sugars. Fuel of the gods.

Used to add milk, but the milk where I am now gives me the running-tap s*its.

Now I rarely have any tea, as its so damn strong without milk for me.

If I drink tea now, its either Red Bush if I can get it, or Green Tea.

And I never fail to use brown, unrefined sugar. Tastes so much better.

Now I stick to black coffee at work.

Look mountain man, teabags were created with special tea leaves and herb things or something to give it a subtle and complex taste; not to be drowned out and diluted with milk and sugar.

I would no more put milk in my tea than I would put my cigar in cognac!

Milk, and milk alone!

I'm not afraid of you anymore!

Just sugar, sometimes milk.

My brand is Twinings, Earl Grey tea and English Breakfast tea are my favourites.

464559005_1fbf8c107b.jpg

I go through phases. Sometimes I have lots of milk and sugar, sometimes I just add water, and sometimes I have it with lemon (this is best with Earl Grey). This tends to confuse people. Nobody ever knows how to make my tea for me.

Has anyone had Lapsang Souchong? It's a smoked tea, it's kind of like drinking a campfire, it's pretty interesting

Has anyone had Lapsang Souchong? It's a smoked tea, it's kind of like drinking a campfire, it's pretty interesting

I love that stuff:) I've found it hard to come by though. Drinking it is like having a little stove in your mouth.

Look mountain man, teabags were created with special tea leaves and herb things or something to give it a subtle and complex taste; not to be drowned out and diluted with milk and sugar.

I would no more put milk in my tea than I would put my cigar in cognac!!

I hate teabags.

Loose tea leaves FTMFW.

I prefer tea to be just tea, there's enough sugar/fat/salt in the rest of the crap we eat sometimes I prefer to think of it as a cleansing and energizing process with little effect on my blood sugar.

Not sure what the brand it is but mom adds bunch of Indian spices and used to add milk too, not sure about the latter anymore.

Back