Your food inventions

DEATHMASTER

The Freeman
Reaction score
Last time it was the microwaved cheese sandwich, this time, It's the CLT: cheese, lettuce, tomato. Makes for a satisfying snack especially at night. The hardest part is cutting some fresh tomato. What snacks have you invented for yourself? Crazy ideas welcome.

Putting Jalapeno's in everything!!!
But mostly in Ham and Cheese tosties, it's amazing.

Maple syrup coated bacon. But recently I found that it is well known Canadian recipe...

Maple syrup coated bacon. But recently I found that it is well known Canadian recipe...

Dude, that's like a staple of my breakfast :p

Going along the same vein, my friends and I will sometimes fry some bread in the leftover fat from cooking bacon. So bad... yet sooooo good...

Dr. Slice

I created this one summer while on vacation with my cousin. We had two cans of Dr. Pepper and one can of Slice. We wanted to split them equally, so we combined the three and split the result. Slice must of had some ninjas hiding near by because they released this flavor years later.

Avocado inside a crack pepper beef mince pie.

Glass of milk. Spoon full of milo. Leave floating for a minute. Eat the milo.

I was a pretty disgusting child. :)

Baked brocoli (parboiled first) with sliced apple and grated cheese on top.

Peanut butter spread on one slice of bread. Jelly spread on another. Put them together.

I call it "Jelly & Peanut Butter In Bread"

I've been using pasta dough before it's cut at the final stage and making soft dumplings of minced beef, spring onions, tomato jus, thyme, lime zest and crumbled mozzarella, then lightly frying them in a rosemary infused olive oil, and serving with a drop of balsamic vinegar

Peanut butter spread on one slice of bread. Jelly spread on another. Put them together.

God dammit, you beat me. Good thing I actually read the thread before posting.

reggae_reggae_fiery_guava_sauce.jpg

This. On everything.

Take some ham, put it in some water. Heat.

I call it "Hot ham water."

can of tuna
Mango chutney
maize
cottage cheese(optional)

mix together and you have a very simple dish and the tuna/mango goes surprisingly well together IMO.

I pan sear chicken with some spices and cut it up in spaghetti. It's basically chicken parmesan except I feel like it's a lot more delicious without the fried aspect of the chicken. Probably nothing new. I do use black and cayenne pepper and a little lemon for the chicken though.

can of tuna
Mango chutney
maize
cottage cheese(optional)

mix together and you have a very simple dish and the tuna/mango goes surprisingly well together IMO.

That sounds pretty interesting, I may try it some time.
I actually have some tinned salmon atm rather than tuna, maybe that would work too.

Glass of milk. Spoon full of milo. Leave floating for a minute. Eat the milo.

I was a pretty disgusting child. :)

Man, Milo is some weak stuff. I never liked it when I went to NZ.

That sounds pretty interesting, I may try it some time.
I actually have some tinned salmon atm rather than tuna, maybe that would work too.

Salmon and tuna are pretty far apart taste wise, I suspect it won't work that well...but then again I don't like salmon, so you're on your own on that one.

Cut a chicken breast in slices. Fry it until it gets a slight tan. Add some chopped onion, leek and peppers. Stir fry for about three minutes. Add some fish sauce and oyster sauce. Stir fry for another minute. Serve with rice, noodles, etc. Best ten minute meal out there imo.

String cheese in peanut butter. Better than you think.

Take some ham, put it in some water. Heat.

I call it "Hot ham water."

Damnit, that one was going to be mine. I was ignoring this thread until I remembered that one earlier today.

When I was in grade school a friend of mine got me hooked on peanut butter and bologna sandwiches. Eventually I grew out of it, but man those things were so good when I was a kid.

Not a food 'invention' but this thread just reminded me about peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Probably made up half my lunches, summer of '08. Haven't had one since then...

Not a food 'invention' but this thread just reminded me about peanut butter and banana sandwiches. Probably made up half my lunches, summer of '08. Haven't had one since then...

So delicious, but sticks to my mouth like a BASTARD.

I'm pretty boring on snacks. Tuna salad, PB&J, cheese/ham/crackers, etc.

HOWEVER: Dr. Pepper and peanuts. You will give me a weird look, but next time you've got canned peanuts and Dr. Pepper...drop a dozen or so in the bottom. You will understand why. For more peanutty goodness there's always crunchy peanut butter on celery with raisins or craisins. **** yeah Ants on a Log. Shit's the best snack food in history.

Also, bananas and chocolate for dessert. **** ice cream, those two together are known as a monkey tail. And monkey tails are awesome.

HOWEVER: Dr. Pepper and peanuts. You will give me a weird look, but next time you've got canned peanuts and Dr. Pepper...drop a dozen or so in the bottom. You will understand why.
Ugh, my brother told me that people in Florida do this. ****ing gross.

can of tuna
Mango chutney
maize
cottage cheese(optional)

Unnameable Horror from Beyond, with Mango Chutney!

Bam!

20110907075557clipboard.png

Maize is corn right? The only hint I have toward this is New Vegas.

Random resurrection! Had some ramen, thought I'd add a concurrently poached egg to it.
I think it needed more flavoring, just the packet stuff it came with wasn't much. Egg cooked pretty well, I like it well done.

4MDnu7F.jpg

Hm, tempting.

60 mL Plantation 3 Star White Rum
20 mL gomme syrup
25 mL lime juice
1 egg white
1 tamarillo, flesh
1 tsp muscovado sugar

Two point shake with ice, strain in to coupe, garnish with cinnamon sugar and Angostura bitters

Random resurrection! Had some ramen, thought I'd add a concurrently poached egg to it.
I think it needed more flavoring, just the packet stuff it came with wasn't much. Egg cooked pretty well, I like it well done.

4MDnu7F.jpg

When I make ramen, I throw out the seasoning packet and add Lachoy soy sauce and Sriracha chili sauce. High tier.

When I make ramen, I throw out the seasoning packet and add Lachoy soy sauce and Sriracha chili sauce. High tier.

That sounds really good, much better than salt soup. I usually use Kikkoman, but la choy's good, too. Check out this thing I found:

Token Asian Friend said:
I stand in my kitchen
Two bottles in hands.
Both of them soy sauce
But of different brands.
Two types of soy sauce?
So what's the big deal?
This one decision
Affects more than a meal.

When I cook for myself,
Kikkoman is best.
I grew up pouring it on rice
(I was a bit obsessed).
Before you buy it, you should know
It has MSG.
And for those with gluten issues
It's not gluten-free.

When I cook for larger groups,
I want all to enjoy.
So for those with sensitivities,
I always choose LaChoy.
That I would cater to their needs,
I am sure to impress.
And that is why, for company
LaChoy's sauce beats the rest.

Now come back with me 10+ years ago
When I liked a certain guy.
He liked me back, we were good friends
So a relationship we did try.
I thought things were going well.
We hung out...things were great!
I never felt it weird or strange
That we never went on a date.

Within a while, things slowed down,
And the truth did soon unfurl.
While he liked to hang out with me
He preferred to take out another girl.
But thanks to soy sauce, I can now
Understand this boy.
I now know I was his Kikkoman
And she was his LaChoy.

Here's what I do
-take taco shell
-dust shell with leftover seasoning at the bottom of a doritos bag
-fill shell with taco meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and sometimes sour cream if I can afford it
-enjoy

I call it a doritos locos taco

I really like pretzels and applesauce. Tastes like shitty apple pie.

That sounds really good, much better than salt soup. I usually use Kikkoman, but la choy's good, too. Check out this thing I found:

Kikkoman isn't bad (it's the brand every chinese place around here gives out), but after trying LaChoy, I can't go back. LaChoy=Flavortown.

Back