Black guy gets his ass beaten by old white bearded guy

Does anyone else notice how he wipes his mouth a lot when he gets nervous? It makes me sad.

It seemed to me like everyone kept egging him on, pushing him; especially if they stole his bag.

Does anyone else notice how he wipes his mouth a lot when he gets nervous? It makes me sad.

That and his shorts combined kind of make me feel the same way.

this is why i provide my own transportation when in the city!

I'm pretty sure the old guy is racist.

No offense, but the fact that he said Chinaman really kind of confirms it. Though it's possible the older generations are unaware of the racism behind that word and constantly forget there is such word as Chinese man.

Yeah pretty much how Guai Lo or Ang mor isn't racist either huh? Pfft.

Looks like SF. Oh how i miss it. If only things like that happened when i was there.

I figured I'd post this quote, because it reminds me of the old man.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine." - Obi Won Kenobi.

Yeah pretty much how Guai Lo or Ang mor isn't racist either huh? Pfft.

Looks like SF. Oh how i miss it. If only things like that happened when i was there.

I do agree that Gweilo is a derogatory term used by Cantonese people. Don't stop the previous generations from using it though.

I did say I'm pretty sure he is a racist, but I also did say he probably didn't realize what he said was racist, which implies he is simply unaware and not racist.

Still, whether he intended it to be racist or not, it doesn't stop the fact that what he said was racist. There is no barrier that enables ignorance to be forgiven and forgotten. The old guy might not know he was being racist (despite what the video suggests), but you can't assume the whole world knows what you think. A lot of people get misunderstood, but that won't stop the reprimanding.

Thats completely untrue. Even if he used a racist term, that doesnt make him a racist. Thats like a 4 year old asking a random girl if she can make him a sandwich being a sexist remark, and calling the child a sexist.

He got into a fight with an unreasonable person, got his bag stolen, people were filming him on the bus, and now on the street, and people were badgering him.

I'm sure he was reasonably angry enough to act crazy

Thats completely untrue. Even if he used a racist term, that doesnt make him a racist. Thats like a 4 year old asking a random girl if she can make him a sandwich being a sexist remark, and calling the child a sexist.

You're misinterpreting and mis-comprehending.

I stated earlier that he may not necessarily be a racist, but that doesn't stop what he said from being racist.

He wasn't HUGE. Only looks a little over six-foot (190cm) to me. He looks like a boxer though, those punches came from a guy who knows how to throw a jab. Close in, and he turned his chest with it, that would put some serious god-damn force behind a punch.
Definitely knows how to fight. He made that pretty clear. And you can see him bouncing to get more power before he throws a punch.
New video, looks like grandpa might actually be a crazy guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fnjFVPCek
"Vietnam Vietnam Vietnam! Get off the bus you half-breed mother****er!"

I think he was trying to play like he's crazy because he made a fool out of himself in front of all these onlookers that don't know what's going on, and he would rather have some kind of excuse for himself.

It's not just that he used the word 'chinaman'...

Black guy - I said WHA-Whay a ****in brotha gotta spitshine yo' shoes.

EBM- Eeeh you don't have to

Black guy- Why a white man cant shine his shoes?

EBM- It could be a chinaman, It dont matter

What the white guy said, it sounds to me like he thinks blacks and chinese people are fit for shining shoes. Racial minorities. The black guy's saying like "why does a black man have to shine your shoes" and the white guy's like "well it could be a chinaman" which is another racial minority.

Yeah, he's racist, there's no question. I think he started the fight with the black dude - just out of nowhere - "hey, how about you shine my shoes?" Like only the most disrespectful thing you can say to someone. Then he said "it could be a Chinaman". Then he called someone a half-breed.

How did you guys pick up what either of them said? I only heard a few things like "he hit me in the face", etc.

I have such difficulty understanding what people say sometimes.

Gah.

It's not just that he used the word 'chinaman'...

What the white guy said, it sounds to me like he thinks blacks and chinese people are fit for shining shoes. Racial minorities. The black guy's saying like "why does a black man have to shine your shoes" and the white guy's like "well it could be a chinaman" which is another racial minority.

good point actually.

Oh America, lawl.

What we have here is a situation of dumb and dumber.

Normal people would have disengaged, not escalated.

Already posted on last page:

Interview with the woman who filmed it. I like how the interviewer doesnt confront her about stealing the bag. Its as if he didnt even watch the video himself.

http://cbs5.com/video/[email protected]

EDIT:

More info on the guy:

800px-1266388995706.jpg

Hes the same guy that got tazerd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXkwa9uFBss

Transcript.

EBM: How much will you charge me for a spitshine??

Tyrone: Wha?

EBM:How much will you charge me to shine my stacey adams? Im going to a funeral on friday.

Tyrone: Why?

EBM: Hm?

Tyrone: You hear what I said just now? Why a brotha gotta spitshine yo' shoes?

EBM : Hey man you offered!

Tyrone : I didnt offer you shit

EBM: What did you just say when you walked by me?

Tyrone : I said WHA:Why a ****in brotha gotta spitshine yo' shoes.

EBM: Eeeh you don't have to

Tyrone: Why a white man cant shine his shoes?

EBM: It could be a chinaman, It dont matter

Tyrone: Look dude

EBM: I aint predjudice.. You think I'm predjudice?

Tyrone: Look dude, Take your ass back up there get the **** out mah face right naow

EBM: why you being so hostile man?

Tyrone: Shuttup, Im pissed off

EBM : Better to be pissed off, than pissed on. I aint scared of this black boy. I'm 67 years old you aint scaring me

EBM: You aint scaring me You aint scaring me

Tyrone: Ill put mah foot upyo ass

EBM: NO YOU WOUNT

Sheneequa: hey hay HAY

EBM: Ill put my foot up yours

Tyrone: Ill put my foot up yo ass Ill put my foot up yo ass

EBM: Nehr he wont to nothing to me

Sheneequa: Say dat again, Pinkey! Kick his white ass!

Tyrone: Say dat again sey dat again

EBM: I'll slap the shit out of you

Tyrone: Wh What, WHAT?

*Epic Fight Scene*

Sheneequa: Oh what the ****!

Sheneequa: KNOCK IT OUUUF

EBM: DIDNT I TELL YOU NOT TO **** WITH ME

Tyrone: Jesus christ!

EBM: He hit me, he ****ing hit me. He ****ing hit me first, he hit me in the

face. Thats self defense. DONT **** WITH ME BOY. DON'T **** WITH ME.

Tyrone: Auh man, Next time. Imo **** you up.

Sheneequa: Oo. Oof. Yaaoh we need AMBER LAMPS!!

Taquanda: Ay we can press charges. I got it on vidayoo teyp. Yoos

leakin. He's leakin.

Taquanda: Mand MS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheneequa: Are you alright? Did he breakyuh teef?

Tyrone: BRING DA AMBerLAMPS

Oh America, lawl.

What we have here is a situation of dumb and dumber.

Normal people would have disengaged, not escalated.

I'm not so sure about that. Normal people sometimes have hot tempers.

He's trolling, numbers, cmon am I the only one seeing them these days.

So the white guy antagonized the black guy by asking for a shoe shine?

Sounds pretty racist to me.

Well, it sounds like the black guy said something first.
Im thinking of this. But anyway fighting is wrong and violence never solves anything.
Tyrone: You hear what I said just now? Why a brotha gotta spitshine yo' shoes?

EBM : Hey man you offered!

Tyrone : I didnt offer you shit

EBM: What did you just say when you walked by me?

Tyrone : I said WHA:Why a ****in brotha gotta spitshine yo' shoes.

EBM: Eeeh you don't have to

Tyrone: Why a white man cant shine his shoes?

EBM: It could be a chinaman, It dont matter

But fighting is wrong and violence never solves anything.

So the white guy antagonized the black guy by asking for a shoe shine?

Sounds pretty racist to me.

The black guy said something to the white guy. The whiteguy clearly just didn't hear him correctly. And I'm thinking he said something that was weird or inflammatory, otherwise why would the lady start filming it?

But fighting is wrong and violence never solves anything.

Shut up nerd.

And I still don't think the guy was really being racist. Saying "it could be a chinaman" after both black and white people have been brought up as spitshining shoes, he wanted to say that it doesnt matter what race it was. He may be racist, but I don't think anything in this video is evidence of it.

Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.

Thats racist. Not all Asians are Americans.

Even if Mr. Beard was being racist, the other dude was stupid for actually walking up there and laying a hand on him.

Back