Black guy gets his ass beaten by old white bearded guy

What is a fob?

Stands for "Fresh Off the Boat" e.g. for people who just immigrated. It used to be used both to make fun of the way new immigrants dressed/spoke and sometimes in the context of "Go back home FOB". Nowadays people use it (mostly jokingly) for the first one, e.g. one of my TA's was Korean but had a really strong accent, and one of my friends was always joking that he was the most "fobby" person he knew. Some of my Asian American friends will use it all the time jokingly, but that just confuses the heck out of me because I'm wondering how their parents never took offense to that. Might be because most of them came from wealthier Taiwanese families and possibly didn't have as many issues. Or maybe I'm just really uptight or something :p.

I did let you google that for me. Worked out well.

Stands for "Fresh Off the Boat" e.g. for people who just immigrated. It used to be used both to make fun of the way new immigrants dressed/spoke and sometimes in the context of "Go back home FOB". Nowadays people use it (mostly jokingly) for the first one, e.g. one of my TA's was Korean but had a really strong accent, and one of my friends was always joking that he was the most "fobby" person he knew. Some of my Asian American friends will use it all the time jokingly, but that just confuses the heck out of me because I'm wondering how their parents never took offense to that. Might be because most of them came from wealthier Taiwanese families and possibly didn't have as many issues. Or maybe I'm just really uptight or something :p.

Ahhh, I see. I don't see that as being as bad as slurs directed at specific ethnicities. I see it more as being simply ignorance and xenophobia.

Ahhh, I see. I don't see that as being as bad as slurs directed at specific ethnicities. I see it more as being simply ignorance and xenophobia.

Yeah, that's definitely correct. I've heard it used mostly for Asians and Indians, so it's not confined to any one race. I just find it weird how a term that was initially used in a serious way to make people feel miserable about themselves, has now morphed into something that people can fling around all the time. In the google (and even wikipedia) results, there is barely any mention that it actually started as a derogatory term.

He never said he was on his way to the funeral at that moment. I seem to recall that he just said he was going to a funeral, as in at a later date.

I thought he was saying 'bring ambient lamps', to improve the mood on the bus or whatever.

What is wrong with the world? Has it gone backwards? How is anything this monster did worthy of anything less than our total derision?

i'm glad this getting all the attention it deserves. mainly because it helps people forget how bad other things have become. also that newgrounds video was very funny

He was in the right for kicking the guy's ass. I think the black dude had little man syndrome, where he thinks he's 11' tall. Epic beard man is insane, not crazy. Not in his right mind, but still knows where his mind is.

Perhaps he thinks he can blow the story up to avoid some flak? Hell, if I had that much shit to deal with I'd be making up stories about my life too. I feel sorry for the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I1r3dhMUO4

Sorry, but the black guy has way more credibility in this whole story with me. Doesn't mean he didn't get his ass beat good, but he seems to be the one telling the truth. And no, not just because he's not off his meds like the old man, but because his story seems to hold the most water.

After seeing this interview I have more respect for the black dude honestly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I1r3dhMUO4

Sorry, but the black guy has way more credibility in this whole story with me. Doesn't mean he didn't get his ass beat good, but he seems to be the one telling the truth. And no, not just because he's not off his meds like the old man, but because his story seems to hold the most water.

After seeing this interview I have more respect for the black dude honestly.

I agree.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3108271&postcount=58

EBM seems like a compulsive liar too. "Mike had a knife, was a felon, a murderer, a career criminal, etc." In order to boast in his story.

Back