Deus Ex Human Revolution

It would be great though if Jensen could crouch while hacking. D:
You can.
If the console is at crouch level.
Otherwise you need to stand up to hack something that is at standing level.

His knees and knuckles sympathetically fill with fluid if he crouches and hacks simultaneously. Or something. There's a joke about ergonomics in there somewhere.

I just alt-tabbed out of the game after walking around the second hub for about 10 minutes. Eidos did an amazing job; abundant love for the obvious care and detail put in to the level design of this game. I can't say enough about how much fun I'm having. And I want to group hug the team at Nixxes while I'm at it.

Did anyone do the Sidequest in Shanghai or whatever where the Bartender wants monthly payment from Jaya (because they gave her a social augmentation)?
Is there any benefit later in the game to helping Jaya rather than Tong?

I payed off Jaya's Debt to Tong (5000 credits) and got the Praxis Kit Tong promised me (so basically I bought a Praxis Kit). I didn't expect an additional reward for helping Jaya, but I was rather disgusted that the game had no follow up with Jaya in any way. You don't even return to her room to tell her her debt is gone so you never hear a Thank you or anything; her character just disappears. Really bothered me.

I dunno, I punched Jaya's lights out and then took 400 credits and then took her social aug, bartender was pissed.

Finished, what a labor of love. Has a few FPS gimmicks but ultimately it has earned a spot amongst my favorite SP games of all time. Bravo, Eidos Montreal.

It seems I have two copies of the game. So who wants a free copy (with the explosive mission pack)?

Every time I think the game is gearing up to finish, another section pops up. Which is quite fitting, as its the same experience I had with the original a decade ago.

Holy Shmoley. I just got to Picus 30 hours in. What was your playtime?

It took me somewhere over 26 hours and I did every side quest except for half of one because I messed up and got locked out on my second Shanghai trip. Talion A.D. is stupid. The don't give you a marker for it so you just have to wander around for a while looking in the general area outlined by a pocket secretary.

This game is hard.

That's a good thing! Hard games are getting very rare these days. This game is definitely on my radar for the next Christmas sale. Lower price and fewer bugs.

That's a good thing! Hard games are getting very rare these days. This game is definitely on my radar for the next Christmas sale. Lower price and fewer bugs.

Well yeh I think I have genuinely forgotten what it was like to play a challenging tactical game like this, kinda demonstrates the state of games these days..

Game is lovely (then again, I'm still in the leak area). I'm surprised to see a few "they don't tell you the hostages will die if you tarry" votes here: Sarif asks you to get to the helipad and that lives are at stake, how more obvious can that get?

That's true, I guess I was worried it would be my only chance to explore the area.

Just started playing this myself, and honestly I thought that was hilarious when the guy told me I ****ed things up because I was too busy wandering around the building.

Oh and
I also LOL'd at Prichard's comment after killing everyone in the first mission: "Well if it isn't Attila the Hun back from the killing fields!"

Another hilarious moment was at the start of the first mission. Before entering the building I just had to throw a box at one of the cops to see what happens. And yeah, they got pissed off and killed me, talk about anger issues.

So yeah, enjoying it so far.

I'm surprised to see a few "they don't tell you the hostages will die if you tarry" votes here: Sarif asks you to get to the helipad and that lives are at stake, how more obvious can that get?

I'm surprised that you are surprised. In most games the game world revolves around the player and someone telling you to "hurry or else" doesn't mean shit. That being said, I prefer the real-time approach.

EDIT: Changed "usually" to "in most games". Previously the sentence might've been ambiguous.

It took me somewhere over 26 hours and I did every side quest except for half of one because I messed up and got locked out on my second Shanghai trip. Talion A.D. is stupid. The don't give you a marker for it so you just have to wander around for a while looking in the general area outlined by a pocket secretary.

Is the Picus Network/Hunting for Eliza (right after leaving TYM) close to the end?

I had never played any of the Deus Ex game until this one. It's quite an education. I'm only on the first mission where you
get the option whether to go in with guns, or use non-lethal. Of course I chose non-lethal, ran out of tranquilizer darts before I had even gotten into the building, and had to resort to scavenging whatever weapons I could find on the enemies. I also found myself with 1 bullet left trying to kite guards around so I could punch them.

I think I really like it, although i'm finding it quite the learning curve!

I had never played any of the Deus Ex game until this one. It's quite an education. I'm only on the first mission where you
get the option whether to go in with guns, or use non-lethal. Of course I chose non-lethal, ran out of tranquilizer darts before I had even gotten into the building, and had to resort to scavenging whatever weapons I could find on the enemies. I also found myself with 1 bullet left trying to kite guards around so I could punch them.

Remember, you can also take-down guards or just sneak past them to conserve ammo!

Damn, how do you run out of ammo? Are you checking drawers and looking for hidden locations or anything? I've had an overabundance of ammo the entire time i've been playing.

Yeah Krynn, that's one of the few things that has disappointed me about hard. I was hoping to be forced to save ammo.

Damn, how do you run out of ammo? Are you checking drawers and looking for hidden locations or anything? I've had an overabundance of ammo the entire time i've been playing.

You can open drawers? *facepalm*

Also on that first level

does it matter that I didn't save some of the hostages? They were in a room with a gas bomb, and I walked in like "hai guise, I'm here to save you lols", and then it went off and I realised then that I should have hacked it :(

So yeah I got so into the whole exploring Detroit thing that I piled up all the side quests available on my to do list.

Also, strength aug + killing civilians with dumpsters = priceless.

I know there was an update for the PC that decreased load times, but have they released an update for 360 yet? I know updates aren't always concurrent between platforms.

Game is lovely (then again, I'm still in the leak area). I'm surprised to see a few "they don't tell you the hostages will die if you tarry" votes here: Sarif asks you to get to the helipad and that lives are at stake, how more obvious can that get?
Oh, so it wasn't automatic that all hostages died no matter what you did? Now I feel guilty for not heading straight to the helipad.:(

I'm surprised that you are surprised. Usually the game world revolves around the player and someone telling you to "hurry or else" doesn't mean shit. That being said, I prefer the real-time approach.

Are you able to go back through the said building if you save the hostages?

I don't have the game yet so don't know what level it is but keep hearing about people not saving the hostages due to dicking around.

I'd like to do both if it's possible - find all the emails, secrets etc and save the hostages.

I basically only use ammo on bosses and then I need an abundance of it. The general gameplay and the bosses are so poorly balanced. Loving the game, hating the bosses. It just took me over an hour to down the fourth. What a tough mother****er he is. Almost finished the game, but I am leaving the ending until tomorrow.

The bosses havent given me any trouble at all so far. The first one I died a few times until I slowed down a bit rather than trying to kill him quick. The second one was super easy, beat her in like 2 mins without getting hit.

Taser + upgraded pistol + x-ray aug = easy boss fight.

Beat the first boss today, damn it was crappy. :/ I hope the following ones are something more than cover-shoot-run away from frags.

I'm going to post a summary of everything I've done so far I hope some of the rest of you do the same, because I want to contrast and compare. I've only cleared the first mission and the first hub area so this is what this covers:
So far I haven't killed anyone since I've been augmented. It's not that I'm trying to do a pacifism run (in fact I've been upgrading my pistol and assault rifle pretty heavily) but it's just what I've preferred so far. I probably will go for a mix of stealth/rolling with the shots when I'm seen later. I've actually not upgraded any combat or stealth augs yet, I've only bought the conversation aug and hacking upgrades.

For the first level in the factory I went through without getting spotted, but I never saw the hostages either. I still have no idea where they were. They all died when a bomb went off, but the terrorists survived, oops. I did manage to convince the leader not to kill the factory manager though, and he escaped and came back later to give me some codes during the first city hub.

In the first hub I did all the sidequests I came across. The first one with the guys stealing drugs, when the security guy was blackmailing the other with security footage, he told me if I kept two drug dealers off him he'd give me the footage, but I didn't have an option to talk to them and I didn't want to just kill them so I just punched the security guy in the face and took the footage off him. For the sidequest from Cassandra for investigating the attack I managed to break into the safe and got the bracelet and gave it to Cassandra.

The sidequest for catching the corrupt cop was the most fun. I did all objectives, including giving her the gun and not being seen while in Derelict Row. When I was sneaking around the cop's house I didn't have a high enough level of hacking to get into his bedroom (it was level 4, I only have 3) so I just blew down his door with a grenade. Luckily everything inside was only level 3 so I was able to hack all his stuff inside. When I was posing as a hitman to get in contact with him I also managed to convince him to pay me 1000 credits in advance for the kill. Brilliant!

Currently going deeper into the FEMA facility. Wish me luck.

Found a little Half-Life reference, I blocked out anything that may be considered a spoiler! BlackMesaDX3.jpg

Hey hey hey, use spoiler tags. I didn't really want to know the sex of the second boss Krynn.

Are you able to go back through the said building if you save the hostages?

I don't have the game yet so don't know what level it is but keep hearing about people not saving the hostages due to dicking around.

I'd like to do both if it's possible - find all the emails, secrets etc and save the hostages.

What people were talking about is how the hostages die if you dick around before going on the mission. Once you're in the mission location (after you get transported there) you can take your time.

Can't believe people have finished this game days ago D: I've been playing the hell out of this game everyday.

Am I the only one who reads every single ebook and new email?

Back