Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm level 45 now, haven't seen any dragon armour aside from my own.

It depends on how you're playing. If I recall correctly, Daedric Armor is heavy, which would be foolish for a stealth character to wear.

If you get the heavy armor perk which makes your armor weight nothing, or The Steed sign which makes you able to carry more AND your armor weigh nothing (seriously the best sign in the game). Then you get the perk in sneak where you can walk/run with no penalty I see no reason why a heavy armor user can't sneak. I wear heavy armor and sneak all over the place!

If you get the heavy armor perk which makes your armor weight nothing, or The Steed sign which makes you able to carry more AND your armor weigh nothing (seriously the best sign in the game). Then you get the perk in sneak where you can walk/run with no penalty I see no reason why a heavy armor user can't sneak. I wear heavy armor and sneak all over the place!

There are other signs in the game aside from Warrior, Thief and Mage? I haven't come across any.

yeah Construction Set....I really hope we get it sooner then later before good modders start to loose interest ....

There are other signs in the game aside from Warrior, Thief and Mage? I haven't come across any.

There's tons! All the signs from the older games are there. Really they are all awesome and do nothing but good things, but the steed is coolest/most useful imo. I'm a heavy armor user/warrior and right now with no loot and just the stuff I use I'm carrying 83/470. So you can imagine how much loot I can carry :)

I never noticed purple textures before the patch, but now i'm noticing them constantly.

There's tons! All the signs from the older games are there. Really they are all awesome and do nothing but good things, but the steed is coolest/most useful imo. I'm a heavy armor user/warrior and right now with no loot and just the stuff I use I'm carrying 83/470. So you can imagine how much loot I can carry :)

:( Where the **** are they? 50+ hours and I haven't found one. I feel like a dum dum.

I found like 4, including the 3 you find at the start. I too, share your sentiments of dum dum-ness.

:( Where the **** are they? 50+ hours and I haven't found one. I feel like a dum dum.

Just gives you a great sense of the game's enormous hidden nooks and crannies. Let me tell you, this world is FILLED with shit. I've only found one sign. I've actually saw where another one was cause I was near, but wasn't able to get to it yet.

Wow maybe I explore more then you guys (use the jumping glitch to climb mountains - the game is covered with them it's kinda bullshit that you can't climb anyways so I don't feel bad about using that glitch.. You just look at the ground and face backwards and keep jumping all around until you get up there). I've found all but like maybe 3 or 4 of the sign stones lol The Lover was pretty good too, I had that before the steed.

I've finished the main quest, and I started a new character. Goddamn pure mages are hard to keep alive in Expert mode. You can't even take on more than one bandit and expect in confidence that you'll walk away from that encounter. Not to mention the town guard; one hit from a two-handed weapon kills you outright.

I suppose robes don't offer too much protection.

If you feel like just finding them naturally through the game, I found a book that marks a few on your map. I forget which one it was exactly, but I'm 90% sure it was in the apothecary shop in Whiterun (just read em all, it's only a crime if you take them). Besides that you've just got to come across them like anything else. They'll be an obelisk looking icon on your compass if you're near.

I suppose robes don't offer too much protection.

Robes are for pussy mages. Real mages wear plate-****ing-steel armor with the Steed on. The whole "Mages wear robes" is a fantasy cliche resulting from D&D balance and Tolkien: you cast spells with your hands, so as long as you have them free, you should be able to wear whatever you want. Of course, that'd make warriors useless in fantasy settings.

Alteration tree lets you have plenty of armor while wearing fluffy robes... that's what I'm doing. :p

**** the armor and just use shield spells?

I don't really know though I've never really made a magic character in an elderscrolls game :/

Magic characters are so much easier in Oblivion and Skyrim since magicka regenerates by default for most races (Or is it all in Skyrim?), I remember in Daggerfall where I kept running out of mana potions and had to rest to have enough MP again to do anything!

Skyrim has really made me wanna play Arena > Daggerfall > Morrowind, since those are the Elder Scrolls games that I've never beaten.

Plus those are the better ones.

Also I've never beaten em either :p I always restart WAAAY too much in Morrowind to even make it past level 5.. I don't think I ever reached level 10 to be honest. So much to do so many characters to make it's crazy.

Wait what? Wasn't it you that said that Morrowind is the best game ever? And you haven't even reached level 10 in it (so I assume you never beat it)? That is... peculiar.

Robes are for pussy mages. Real mages wear plate-****ing-steel armor with the Steed on. The whole "Mages wear robes" is a fantasy cliche resulting from D&D balance and Tolkien: you cast spells with your hands, so as long as you have them free, you should be able to wear whatever you want. Of course, that'd make warriors useless in fantasy settings.

Pfffft.

Almost done with my story playthrough. Getting bored of Warrior now.

Next is master thief hardcore, explore everything, no-fast-travel (except by carriage) playthrough, Woooo.

Debating if Argonian or Dark Elf is best for this.

Wait what? Wasn't it you that said that Morrowind is the best game ever? And you haven't even reached level 10 in it (so I assume you never beat it)? That is... peculiar.

Yea I even modded for it (not just little shitty mods, like wrote script n shit), I literally know everything about that game.

Yet I never beat it or made it past level 10. I actually don't think I beat any questline in that game by playing it. I got pretty far in fighters guild though :LOL: I know all the storylines though, it's hard to ignore that crap when your life is about it :/ I probably had like 1000 characters or more made in that game since I got it.. I think I just got too caught up in the modding and story and characters that I barely played the game and read about the lore/books/characters/etc more then anything. When I made a new character I'd literally spend like and hour or two picking the skills, writing a description, etc. That's probably why I beat Oblivion and Skyrim because it's not even close to the level of Morrowind for customization.

@ZT Holy shit, I was getting bored of my Warrior and was gonna make a Thief/Assassin and play EXACTLY the way you described! I was thinking a Dark Elf myself!

Almost done with my story playthrough. Getting bored of Warrior now.

Next is master thief hardcore, explore everything, no-fast-travel (except by carriage) playthrough, Woooo.

Debating if Argonian or Dark Elf is best for this.

Khajit is best for this.

Khajiit seem to have some of the best starting skills for a thief type, but how useful is night vision? I've never even had to use a torch on my warrior guy. I think it's kind of disappointing how open world games like this have been shying away from proper darkness, instead you just have perpetual twilight during "night" time and caves are always well-lit. I feel like it robs the game of an element of survival. Were it dark enough to necessitate using a torch or night vision to make your way around, you'd have more cause to make camp or find an inn as it got late. Using a torch might also make you more obvious to bandits and wildlife, but then those things aren't a huge concern as it is. Sounds like a job for... MODDERS!

Anyway, starting stuff: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races

Actually now that I look, I might have to pick a wood elf for my thief, nice skills and good racials. They look pretty weird, but **** it I'm not going to be looking at them after the creation screen. :v

Actually now that I look, I might have to pick a wood elf for my thief, nice skills and good racials. They look pretty weird, but **** it I'm not going to be looking at them after the creation screen. :v

Bosmers are great for sneaky bowmen.

I dunno, Khajit sound useless for a "Master" playthrough. Nighteyes are kind of pointless, as it isn't hard to see in this game at all unless you have your darkness set unrealistically low. They don't seem that useful unless their claw attacks are really powerful?

My goal is Illusion+Archery+Dual Daggers on the side.

Argonians have the lockpick starting bonus which helps for stealing pricier stuff early on. Also they have the health regen they can use once a day that would be really useful when shit hits the fan.
Dark Elves have a bunch of bonus stuff in stealth and magic, plus their ancestor's wrath ability sounds good for defense, not to mention a resist to fire when dealing with dragons.

Bosmer have great starting stats, but a very useless ability. Control an animal for only 60 seconds, once a day :p That's like having a really shitty conjuration spell.

I dunno, Khajit sound useless for a "Master" playthrough. Nighteyes are kind of pointless, as it isn't hard to see in this game at all unless you have your darkness set unrealistically low. They don't seem that useful unless their claw attacks are really powerful?

My level 30 Stealth-Archer Thief is a Khajit and the nighteyes ability is totally useless. I haven't used them once. The claws are definitely pretty powerful, but how often do you use those either? I think the only time I did was when I was doing a quest for the Thieve's Guild where I had to brawl a few people, in which case I ****ed them up. But, again, I haven't used it aside from that.

At least the Voice of the Emperor is a get out of jail free card.

I'm wearing steel boots and gloves though, but until I learn how to enchant steel armor to regen my and add more magicka, steel armor isn't going to help me much. :p

Actually keeping me alive is helping me much, come to think of it.

Anyway, you can make an awesome scene after you've beaten the main questline:
Get Ohdaviing to come to you whenever a dragon attacks, then they'll fight each other in the air, using breaths, etc. etc. It was pretty awesome, but I forgot to take screenshots, and I curse myself for that :/

Damn, I think I'm Skyrim'd out. I haven't touched it in a few days now. I've clocked in well over forty hours, it's time to play something else for awhile.

Drake's about to get his ass pounded on "crushing" difficulty, sorry Drake, better you than me.

I'm stuck on the "Blood on the Ice" quest

Basically I'm at the point where Wuuthard has been falsly accused and is in Jail, but another body has appeared. He says that I should go on a night patrol to track and catch the killer. However when I leave the Castle's front door, the Quest dialogue assumes that I had completed the patrol (even though it was broad daylight) and now all that remains is to catch the killer. I know who the killer is because he's already in the abandoned house, but he attacks me onsite, and I cannot talk to him when he's down. I can't even give him the killing blow. Is there something else I am suppose to do?

So, two playthroughs happening now, both experiencing different parts of the game.

Number one is Dark Elf hunter extraordinaire. Sneak/archer, killing animals left and right, collecting pelts. My goal for this character is to kill at least as many dragons in the open world and explore enough ruins to get every shout. Also lovin' the companions for this character for reasons that are obvious if you've played through their quests. I was anxious to get to my other characters though, so I made my second character.

Second is an Altmer magic/stealth combo. The goal for this one is to be the most evil bastard ever. Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood have been getting tons of business from me and I've been doing plenty of my own evil. Became a vampire, killed a good majority of the guards in Windhelm when I got caught starved. I like the skill combo I'm developing. Almost have my illusion skill at 50, so I can get quiet casting and be able to use my destruction spells the same way I'd snipe with a bow (without the crits, that is)

Loving this game, except for the freaking glitches. My goodness some of it's just AWFUL. But between these two games, I'm experiencing a ton and I'm getting into it despite technical problems and some shoddier done stuff, which I guess say a lot about the gameplay.

Well, it wouldn't be a Bethesda game without glitches.

I mean look at Oblivion, Morrowind and don't even get me started on the bugs in Daggerfall if you play it without the latest patch, I did it once for lulz, it was incredible.

Is there any possibility to abort the Dark Brotherhood questline?

Killing the Emperor would weaken the Empire too much and give the Thalmor an unneeded advantage. Goddamn ancient corpses and their short-sighted, petty ambitions.

^^Not to my knowledge. But, there aren't any in-game consequences to such an action, except a few comments from the guards. At least, that I'm aware of.

Y'know, I'm from that old generation of gamers that actually role play, rather than simply play. Anywhoo, since

I'm the Listener, I'll simply ignore the quest to kill the Emperor and Astrid. Night Mother can go... well, to hell. Or wherever they go.

Back