Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Anybody using mods yet?

I'm trying out Destruction buffs, ragdoll physics reducer (actually for gameplay reasons: I've had boss corpses fly off into unreachable areas), added all the missing blacksmith recipes, and QD interface (not sure if I like so far).

I'm using the blacksmith one too.

Make your own arrows, some missing armor, etc.

Is there any way of making enemies show up on the hud earlier? I'm playing a stealth/archer Khajit but have killed quite a few NPCs that I thought were bandits as I couldn't tell whether they would be hostile or not. The red dots only seem to show up when something is hostile. I guess 'waiting' would be an option but yesterday I was in Fort Greymoor and couldn't wait due to bandits being inside. I ended up sniping the friendly maid Agnis. Feels bad, man.

Detect Life.

Also, Quick save before killing a suspicious character.

Game does not launch after patch. Brb, going on shooting spree in Bethesda.

So, the resistance bug is making me so ****ing mad I want to break my keyboard in two.

As such, I am not going to play anymore Skyrim until Bethesda gets their ****ing act together and releases a ****ing hotfix.

Yeah, Garga seems to be overreacting a bit. How much resistance gear did you have anyway, you silly Swede?

None but that doesn't matter, it's the principle and it gives me an excuse to play other games in the meantime!:p

I'm slowly becoming too OP. Smithing is at 100, and now I'm working on making all the things give me bonuses to two handed with enchanting.

I got it to work, but dragons now fly backwards.

Thank you Bethesda, you have saved me from my Skyrim addiction.

Anybody using mods yet?

I'm trying out Destruction buffs, ragdoll physics reducer (actually for gameplay reasons: I've had boss corpses fly off into unreachable areas), added all the missing blacksmith recipes, and QD interface (not sure if I like so far).

Ya, about a dozen or so. I use most of the visual enhancements from here:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/top/recent.php

Most are good quality, though I think "Skyrim HD - 2k textures" is extremely crappy and have avoided it. (Uses really inappropriate replacements)

I really think the shader mods can make a big difference, though it takes a while to mess with all the settings to get it how you like and to a place that looks good for your specific monitor. I haven't tried the ENB version yet, but have been reading good things about it.

Also, nvidia just release new drivers so you can enable ambient occlusion directly now I guess rather than having to use the nvidia inspector.

Guys, I found a choose your own adventure book! Called Kolb & The Dragon, at a little tiny shrine of Akatosh (only a single lantern and the shrine itself is there, no building, or mark on your map or anything). This is where it is.

screenshot2yws.png

Found this not too far outside of Whiterun.

screenshot30f.png

Who says they don't have bathrooms in Skyrim? They even have reading material!

screenshot34t.png

I hit 100 enchanting and all the sudden I became god with my one hander that deals close to 400 per swing

*Nnnggyyyyeeeehhhhh!!*

Oh no! Uni's in trouuubbbblleeeee!

Guys, I found a choose your own adventure book! Called Kolb & The Dragon

YAY found that the other day, I made the mistake of staying at the inn and getting my ass killed instead of going down the hill. Damn that Ian Livingstone.

I saw the dragon and instead of climbing down to fight it, I went to the tavern. I got killed by elves who wanted my gold :LOL:

Where's the mod that makes NPCs into well developed characters and adds some variety to the environments?

The Dragonborn song done right.

That's true. I don't have any resistance gear or use potions, so it doesn't really bother me.

Someone should make that first part into a mod and replace the shitty sound bytes they currently have.

Damn, just toiled for several hours getting my smithing to 81, I then proceeded to make a set of Epic Ebony Armor (with helmet, gauntlets, and boots to match, and Epic is the actual grade btw), then I created an ebony battleaxe.

EDIT: Screw it, I realized I had nothing better to do today, so...now I'm rockin' daedric Armor and a daedric battleaxe, I'll probably get my smithing to 100 so I can upgrade the armor again, I don't really care about dragon scale. I'm going to take a break from smithing for awhile though, I'm satisfied with this badass armor.

Does Lucien the ghost ever shut the **** up. He always repeats the same four lines over and over, usually when someone else is saying something important. Can't tell you how many times I've driven my battleaxe through his immortal ass just to shut his trap.

On another note, you might not want to tell me that I am the Dark Brotherhood listener in front of the whole damn castle guard.

Seems like the modding community is really having fun with the game.

Also all arrow to the knee jokes are hilarious

Does Lucien the ghost ever shut the **** up. He always repeats the same four lines over and over, usually when someone else is saying something important. Can't tell you how many times I've driven my battleaxe through his immortal ass just to shut his trap.

On another note, you might not want to tell me that I am the Dark Brotherhood listener in front of the whole damn castle guard.

Basically, this. "Have you heard the tale of...?" yes, you told me not even FOUR SECONDS ago! He's useful as a distraction in combat so I can sneak behind an opponent and end 'em.

Damn, just toiled for several hours getting my smithing to 81, I then proceeded to make a set of Epic Ebony Armor (with helmet, gauntlets, and boots to match, and Epic is the actual grade btw), then I created an ebony battleaxe.

EDIT: Screw it, I realized I had nothing better to do today, so...now I'm rockin' daedric Armor and a daedric battleaxe, I'll probably get my smithing to 100 so I can upgrade the armor again, I don't really care about dragon scale. I'm going to take a break from smithing for awhile though, I'm satisfied with this badass armor.

I managed to get 100 smithing by going to every shop, buying all of their worthwhile ore, and making bows (except for orcish armor and steel plate) and upgrading them fully. Made serious bank off of ebony bow.

But I can't seem to find any daedra hearts. Where are you getting yours?

There are a handful in the world, mostly in big Forsworn camps I think + the ones that are generated. The best source is doing Daedric quests, Mehrunes Dagon and Azuras quests specifically.

I managed to get 100 smithing by going to every shop, buying all of their worthwhile ore, and making bows (except for orcish armor and steel plate) and upgrading them fully. Made serious bank off of ebony bow.

But I can't seem to find any daedra hearts. Where are you getting yours?

I got mine at the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. On the official wiki it said that Alchemy shops also sold them, but I went to a few and couldn't find any (I think they were selling them when I DIDN'T need them). I also stole one from someone's living quarters in Jorrvasker(whatever it's called) in Whiterun.

If you have a high end Nvidia card, check out the latest beta driver. Play with it and neat things will happen in Skyrim.

Have any of you gotten a good use of the werewolf curse/blessing? I mean, if you have people with you they will attack you, you can't loot corpses or chests, and you're still fairly easy to kill. I guess it looks cool and all, but I hardly ever end up using it, and I've had it since level 5 I think (I'm lvl 27 now).

It comes in handy now and then when the odds are stacked against you, scaring the crap out of a mob with a roar and then chasing them all down one by one is fun. Can't get Hircine's ring to work though so still limited to one transformation...

Yea I used it once and realized that the effect takes to long to fade away (especially when you keep feeding, which I didn't know about at the time it gives you more time as a werewolf). So I just had to sit and wait in this empty fort so I could loot all the chests n stuff. Not worth it anyways, I'd rather have my sword and armor. Werewolf is only good when you are ready to stop playing and save your game, then go on a bloody rampage through the town :LOL:

I used it once and got my ass kicked, I wish it would've had more benefits to justify using it. Being a werewolf definitely LOOKS cool, though.

Have any of you gotten a good use of the werewolf curse/blessing? I mean, if you have people with you they will attack you, you can't loot corpses or chests, and you're still fairly easy to kill. I guess it looks cool and all, but I hardly ever end up using it, and I've had it since level 5 I think (I'm lvl 27 now).

I sure have, so long as you play it smart, sneaking around dungeons as a werewolf, snatching and devouring lone enemies is great. It's like you're the monster in a horror film. Also, travel mode go.

Yea I used it once and realized that the effect takes to long to fade away (especially when you keep feeding, which I didn't know about at the time it gives you more time as a werewolf). So I just had to sit and wait in this empty fort so I could loot all the chests n stuff. Not worth it anyways, I'd rather have my sword and armor. Werewolf is only good when you are ready to stop playing and save your game, then go on a bloody rampage through the town :LOL:

Press T.

a guard in whiterun told me that my wolfish grin is unsettling :LOL:

a guard in whiterun told me that my wolfish grin is unsettling :LOL:

They will also ask you something like "What smells like wet dog?" or such, I don't remember the exact phrasing.

Anyway, since 1.3 came out I wrapped up my first playthrough (80 hours total) by finishing the main quest.

Will be returning to the game next year when it's been patched some more and do a second playthrough where the ****ing College and Companion questlines won't break for me.

Back