Image Dump IX (ALL POSTS MUST CONTAIN PICTURES)

1299286685174.gif

Burn it now!

1299286242477.gif

:LOL:

So flushing the toilet cools the water in the shower or something?

Other way round - the cold water to the shower is on the same pipe as the toilet. Flushing the toilet means all the cold water gets redirected to the toilet, so the only thing coming out of the shower is scolding hot water that hasn't been diluted with cold.

It does in my house.

Other way round - the cold water to the shower is on the same pipe as the toilet. Flushing the toilet means all the cold water gets redirected to the toilet, so the only thing coming out of the shower is scolding hot water that hasn't been diluted with cold.

The joke is that Xenos can't stand extremely high temperatures. Flushing the toilet = the person in the shower's shit is ruined.

Oh wow, so many infractions.

Fear not, for I bring a FEAST OF DUCK!

EgDDV.jpg

"Suck my dick I'm a shark" etc. comic but redone for Stalker.

vkw4H.jpeg

I spent about 45 minutes in the Apple store in Cardiff today (after realising they sold gadgets instead of grannysmiths). Here's a little something I drew on the iPad's animation app:
869e3845a85d631f663a9e8d7b73bd2f.gif

I thought it was a pretty nifty animation, so I left it running in the hopes the Apple attendant who finds it deems it awesome enough to be left running.
The girl I was with at the time wasn't so impressed. She told me that if I wanted to do something similar again, I'd have to go back on my own. I told her that was an excellent idea, and thanked her for her kind words of encouragement.

The weight of your body is probably not enough force to sever a head like that.

S4EG6.jpg

It is if you are an average American

SNAP.

The weight of your body is probably not enough force to sever a head like that.

S4EG6.jpg

A fun fact: if an executioner did not properly calculate the victim's weight and balance the drop accordingly, a hanging could and sometimes did decapitate the individual.
KetchumDecapitated.jpg

A fun fact: if an executioner did not properly calculate the victim's weight and balance the drop accordingly, a hanging could and sometimes did decapitate the individual.
KetchumDecapitated.jpg

Well then. Sucks to my asmar then.

0wPDt.jpg

KetchumDecapitated.jpg

I've never heard of that happening. I know if they didn't do it right it would break their neck instead of letting them suffer (or vise versa, if the sentence was merciful). Also it was nothing to do with calculating the weight, it was about the height of the drop. A longer drop breaks the neck, a short one strangles them. Though I suppose, theoretically it could pop a dudes head off if you dropped them from high enough. It would probably have to be a 12 foot drop, if not more.

EzcUf.gif

Funny this topic should come up. Because today I ended up at a Wikipedia article about the last female hanging in the UK (1955 I believe) and she was dropped from a height of 8 ft 6 in.

Appropriate for Women's Day:

20080524.gif

I've never heard of that happening. I know if they didn't do it right it would break their neck instead of letting them suffer (or vise versa, if the sentence was merciful). Also it was nothing to do with calculating the weight, it was about the height of the drop. A longer drop breaks the neck, a short one strangles them. Though I suppose, theoretically it could pop a dudes head off if you dropped them from high enough. It would probably have to be a 12 foot drop, if not more.

EzcUf.gif

The length of the drop is calculated depending on the individual's weight. The heavier the individual, the more force exerted once the rope was taut. It's not a common thing (not that hanging is all that common these days) but mostly it happens in suicides.
Some examples:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6861053
http://www.fsijournal.org/article/S0379-0738(99)00140-1/abstract
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12935719

and of course the story from the image before:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Ketchum

I can always appreciate some good Krynn skepticism though.
have-a-nice-day.jpg

Okay, so it sounds like with enough fall distance (and apparently with a strong enough, inelastic thin rope or other such ligature, i.e., some inexplicably high-strength cheese wire) this "cool way to commit suicide" is possible. Thanks everyone.

vqTGk.jpg

Why are you guys putting images in spoilers, you don't need to do that anymore because all images are resized to 800px width anyway. And spoilering them doesn't make them not load.

eBqw9.jpg

Back